Kwon visiting Steelers

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

$$$$

JD's primary focus seems to be tweaking and maneuvering Aaron Rodgers' contract so that he can then figure out how to structure the Quinnen Williams extension.  After those two big things we'll see how much chump change is left for a guy like Kwon.

I want to keep him too.

I wonder if there is a pre/post June 1 impact on Rodgers deal ? No idea. 

it’s weird though it was reported David Dunn stayed around after Rodgers got here to negotiate the deal and that was weeks ago now. 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

more or less

in 2023 the Jets owe Rodgers a 58.3 Mil signing bonus this year (plus a base salary of 1.2 mil and a 50k workout bonus)

in 2024 the Jets owe Rodgers a 47 mil signing bonus next year (plus a base salary of 2.25 Mil and a 50k workout bonus). That 47 mil triggers a 2026 contract year

in 2025 the Jets owe Rodgers 15.8 mil in Salary, 5 million roster bonus and a 50k workout bonus

in 2026 the Jets owe Rodgers 10 mil in Salary, 5 million roster bonus and a 50k workout bonus

I'm not a math expert but according to my trusty calculator that all adds up to 144.75 Mil 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

more or less

in 2023 the Jets owe Rodgers a 58.3 Mil signing bonus this year (plus a base salary of 1.2 mil and a 50k workout bonus)

in 2024 the Jets owe Rodgers a 47 mil signing bonus next year (plus a base salary of 2.25 Mil and a 50k workout bonus). That 47 mil triggers a 2026 contract year

in 2025 the Jets owe Rodgers 15.8 mil in Salary, 5 million roster bonus and a 50k workout bonus

in 2026 the Jets owe Rodgers 10 mil in Salary, 5 million roster bonus and a 50k workout bonus

I'm not a math expert but according to my trusty calculator that all adds up to 144.75 Mil 

What’s the source of this? I thought the big bonus this year cleared 40 million in cap space?   I thought it was basically 2 years 100 million. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Larz said:

What’s the source of this? I thought the big bonus this year cleared 40 million in cap space?   I thought it was basically 2 years 100 million. 

https://boardroom.tv/aaron-rodgers-trade-contract-salary-cap-jets-packers/

there's a difference between owed compensation and cap space

the cap situation is 1 mil this year 100 mil next year 

what I listed are the actual checks Rodgers is owed

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

more or less

think the difference between most people and your numbers is nobody is including the 2025/2026 amounts.  if he plays for the Jets in 2025 it's not going to be for $21MM.

it's a 2 year 105MM contract.   how are you feeling about your long term view that Woody is cheap?  the 105MM contract kind of disputes your argument (which in my opinion was wrong anyway)

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Aaron Rodgers' contract is the worst agreement in NY Sports since Bobby Bonilla 

Ohio sports can suck this one as well...

Screenshot_20230515_123724_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ca72ee3df2ba3b0036302cc2dc773231.jpg

BTW, Ohio sports (Indians, Browns) have climbed to the top of my most hated teams 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

https://boardroom.tv/aaron-rodgers-trade-contract-salary-cap-jets-packers/

there's a difference between owed compensation and cap space

the cap situation is 1 mil this year 100 mil next year 

what I listed are the actual checks Rodgers is owed

Aren’t the Jets still reworking his contract? He haven’t heard details of his new deal yet.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

think the difference between most people and your numbers is nobody is including the 2025/2026 amounts.  if he plays for the Jets in 2025 it's not going to be for $21MM.

it's a 2 year 105MM contract.   how are you feeling about your long term view that Woody is cheap?  the 105MM contract kind of disputes your argument (which in my opinion was wrong anyway)

If you're a free agent mercenary Woody can be very generous 

if you are a homegrown drafted player, woody all of a sudden is still very tight

the "cheapness" argument is really nuanced - the cheapness that the Jets exhibit is not in the player salary cap, which after all, they have to pay a certain amount no matter what. 

Where we see the cheapness is in first time head coaches, lack of good positional coaches, sometimes going the whole year without a Greg Knapp replacement, below average trainers/doctors and whatever bullcrap scouts that thought Zach was a good pick - or taking all those years to decide that yes the MetLife turf was in fact a death trap

just once I'd like to hear the Jets paying a mil for a legit assistant

I think the last one we had was Westhoff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

have you seen the agreement?  i thought they hadn't finalized anything with the Jets yet?

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Aren’t the Jets still reworking his contract? He haven’t heard details of his new deal yet.

whatever it is, rest assured Rodgers isn't giving money back he's getting that 150 mil one way or another 

it will be additional money to spread it out further etc. 

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ok. All I care about is cap space for putting players around him. Don’t really care about woody cutting checks. 

Ok then well you should care about the 100 million dollar cap hit that's due next year 

it's a time bomb and Rodgers has all the leverage in that negotiation 

Kwon is another one of those players who was on the team last season and the fans want him back again.  Not that he was a bad player. He did okay in the time he was in. But it’s not like he’s the second coming of mehl or buttle, or lambert, or Clifton.  The list goes on. And just because he’s visiting the Steelers doesn’t mean he’s signing with them.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

any other LBs out there we can target via trade?

Jets claimed Chazz Surratt last August after the new Vikings regime waived him.  He was a '21 3rd round pick. He spent all '22 on Jets PS..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Aaron Rodgers' contract is the worst agreement in NY Sports since Bobby Bonilla 

Knick fans might throw the Randle deal into the conversation. Like Shaq said the other night about Randle….”  he’s playing OK. A guy who thinks he’s a top guy in the league has to be way better than OK in the playoffs.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

man I was really hoping he’d be back… wonder why JD isn’t pursuing him. He seemed to fit the defense perfectly 

If JD wanted him, he'd likely already be signed.

Clearly, the Jets seem happy to let him move on.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If you're a free agent mercenary Woody can be very generous 

if you are a homegrown drafted player, woody all of a sudden is still very tight

the "cheapness" argument is really nuanced - the cheapness that the Jets exhibit is not in the player salary cap, which after all, they have to pay a certain amount no matter what. 

Where we see the cheapness is in first time head coaches, lack of good positional coaches, sometimes going the whole year without a Greg Knapp replacement, below average trainers/doctors and whatever bullcrap scouts that thought Zach was a good pick - or taking all those years to decide that yes the MetLife turf was in fact a death trap

just once I'd like to hear the Jets paying a mil for a legit assistant

I think the last one we had was Westhoff. 

Good to see you are finally coming around to the correct view below.  for many years you this was not your position.

>>>>

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

whatever it is, rest assured Rodgers isn't giving money back he's getting that 150 mil one way or another 

it will be additional money to spread it out further etc. 

Ok then well you should care about the 100 million dollar cap hit that's due next year 

it's a time bomb and Rodgers has all the leverage in that negotiation 

agree that they need to work on that $100MM cap hit next year.  Otherwise they could be outfoxed as you point out.

i disagree on the 150mm number.  i think he has to actually play to get that money.  which i doubt would happen.

i think it's best to wait to see the contract details before worrying too much.  I thought you had read some new info about it.