(Rumor ) Jets Sign Javelin Guidry

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73

#Jets claimed DB Javelin Guidry off waivers from the Falcons.

It’s a return “home” for Guidry, who was signed by NY in 2020 as an undrafted FA and played his first 2 NFL seasons with the Jets as a backup CB and core special teamer.

Started 3 games at CB in 2021.

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt

Was cut by Jets after training camp last year. Played in 28 games for them in 2020-21.

On August 30, 2022, Guidry was waived by the Jets.

Arizona Cardinals

On August 31, 2022, Guidry was claimed off waivers by the Arizona Cardinals. He was waived on September 10, 2022.

Las Vegas Raiders

On September 12, 2022, Guidry was claimed off waivers by the Las Vegas Raiders. He was waived on September 21 and signed to the practice squad two days after.  On October 25, 2022, Guidry was released from the practice squad.

Philadelphia Eagles

On October 31, 2022, the Philadelphia Eagles signed Guidry to their practice squad.  Guidry was released on December 6, 2022.

Atlanta Falcons

On December 8, 2022, Guidry was signed to the Atlanta Falcons' practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract on January 9, 2023. He was waived on May 15, 2023. 

I actually really like Guidry as depth for the slot. Might earn a spot over Hall. I know Hall is an outside CB… but Echols has us there for depth. But if MC2 goes down we don’t have a good slot CB. Guidry can be that guy. Now I would like to see Hall try and make a move to FS. But I don’t know if we do that.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

On August 30, 2022, Guidry was waived by the Jets.

Arizona Cardinals

On August 31, 2022, Guidry was claimed off waivers by the Arizona Cardinals. He was waived on September 10, 2022.

Las Vegas Raiders

On September 12, 2022, Guidry was claimed off waivers by the Las Vegas Raiders. He was waived on September 21 and signed to the practice squad two days after.  On October 25, 2022, Guidry was released from the practice squad.

Philadelphia Eagles

On October 31, 2022, the Philadelphia Eagles signed Guidry to their practice squad.  Guidry was released on December 6, 2022.

Atlanta Falcons

On December 8, 2022, Guidry was signed to the Atlanta Falcons' practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract on January 9, 2023. He was waived on May 15, 2023. 

Practice squad God.

I always liked him too.  Find it odd that they list him as having 4 forced fumbles in 2020.  That seems like a sh*tload considering how little he played.  He played a fair amount in 2021 and I was surprised they never brought him back in while he was bouncing around practice squads last year.  They didn't carry many corners last season, with just Echols and Hall behind the three starters along with Justin Hardee who I think has played 2 snaps at corner for the Jets and like 100 over his 6 year career.  They did carry Jimmy Moreland on the practice squad all season and he was a priority practice squad type.  Legit fringe NFL guy.

What I have always liked about Guidry, is he not only has elite speed for a Corner, he has elite strength also , did a gazillion reps at the combine and showed that strength, dislodging footballs away from receivers, he’s obviously on the shorter side for todays longer WRs but he adds big time value as a slot corner and special teams player, he can find a way to turn 1 critical game around with a big play as a Result of that strength and speed.

Good signing.

• Upvote 1