Breece Is Ahead Of Schedule. Possible Early Season Return

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jets-provide-massive-injury-update-on-rb-breece-hall/ar-AA1bgxN4?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=29039172d30f449a9c310f56c7cacfe0&ei=6

"“Look, I think we’re all hopeful that that could be a possibility,” Douglas said in an appearance on #PFTPM. “There’s still a lot of meat on the bone in terms of his return-to-play protocols and his rehab. He’s in a great place right now. I would say he’s ahead of schedule from where he’s supposed to be and he’s hitting unbelievable top-end speeds already on our GPS and his rehab."

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Barring a setback hes full go week  ** 4 ** .  We know this already.

**  fixed         i wish him  ALL the VERY BEST !    ?        no reason to rush him back          we might get a chance to see Israel Abanikanda   ?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why?

RB is the biggest rookie plug and play position in the league. 

And we drafted Israel Abanikanda as insurance to pair with Carter (meh) and Knight (meh).

Not a great unit, but hopefully enough (with Rodgers leading the O) to keep us competitive till Hall comes back, and we see if he's really Hall or not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

And we drafted Israel Abanikanda as insurance to pair with Carter (meh) and Knight (meh).

Not a great unit, but hopefully enough (with Rodgers leading the O) to keep us competitive till Hall comes back, and we see if he's really Hall or not.

Carter had a bad year after a very promising rookie season.  No arguments there.  curious to know the why ..

Knight looked good when there was some blocking his first few games.  

A Dodge Ram would have had trouble gaining yardage behind that makeshift offensive line at the end of the year.  There was no push, no threat to pass, and stacked boxes.  

We'll see what a real QB & hopefully healthy offensive line does to our perception of Carter & Knight-- let alone our Tight Ends.

• Upvote 4

Breece is pissed he missed most of last season and is hungry to get back. I love it, but hope he's smart about his return. I'm pretty sure every Jets fan was sick to their stomach in that Denver game and I'd rather deal with a slow start and a strong finish than no finish at all. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Drums said:

Breece is pissed he missed most of last season and is hungry to get back. I love it, but hope he's smart about his return. I'm pretty sure every Jets fan was sick to their stomach in that Denver game and I'd rather deal with a slow start and a strong finish than no finish at all. 

Even Garrett Wilson knows Breece Hall was a lock for OROY if not for the injury.

That said, his long-term health is the priority. Breece has HoF talent. I prefer they keep him inactive until October so he can be as close to 100% as possible and finish the season strong. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Drums said:

yup. we were already hit by the injury bug but losing Breece & AVT that day made the win feel like a loss. Total gut punch.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Even Garrett Wilson knows Breece Hall was a lock for OROY if not for the injury.

That said, his long-term health is the priority. Breece has HoF talent. I prefer they keep him inactive until October so he can be as close to 100% as possible and finish the season strong. 

I expect them to do everything they can to prioritize his health, but there’s also the inconvenient fact that the Jets first six games this season are a buzzsaw. I’d kinda like to have Breece available for games against the Eagles and Chiefs. 

17 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I usually like the easier games late, but Breece not being fully healthy for our first 4-6 games against the real test of the schedule does kinda suck. Oh well. Gotta make up for it in other ways. No excuses this year. Zero

No excuses? Really? Every single thing on and off the field is in the Jets control? Injuries/illness/weather/officiating/other games are all irrelevant? The Jets are set up for a good season, but there are a ton of variables in a sports season. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No excuses? Really? Every single thing on and off the field is in the Jets control? Injuries/illness/weather/officiating/other games are all irrelevant? The Jets are set up for a good season, but there are a ton of variables in a sports season. 

sir, there is no place for this sort of rational analysis in modern sports commentary. Please see yourself out.

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets are the buzzsaw.

It's about time we felt like that.  I haven't felt like this since 2010.  We have a Qb that should put up 20+.  Try to top that, and while you are trying we will rip your ******* face off.  That is what this D should be thinking. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with the don't rush it crowd, but I think he needs early carries.  Depending on his recovery I would have him start playing as soon as he is determined ready, but keep him on a pitch count for at least the first half of the season.  Part of the issue is going to be rust.  We want him to get some reps.  No carries for 6 weeks and then 20 carries is probably almost as bad as 20 carries week 1 IMO.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Jet fans rarely agree on alot but there is universal agreement this is the shut up or put up playoffs or bust type of year. So yea no excuses. How is this hard to digest?