Which WR will have a bigger year in 2023?

Which WR has a bigger 2023?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR will be more productive this season?

• Allen Lazard
    • Elijah Moore

I’ll take the outside-capable receiver with prior relationship with his QB over the slot guy on a new team.

If Moore proves everyone wrong and becomes a capable outside guy the edge would shift to Moore.  But I doubt he will.  The soft trade market seemed to indicate the league sees him as a slot guy.  

• Upvote 1

The tradeoff was really Moore for Tippman and Lazard, because Douglas knew a 2 was going to the Packers for Rodgers. Moore is obviously the more dynamic receiver and I’m sure he’ll get numbers in Cleveland if Watson is right, but Lazard in the slot, with Davis and Wilson outside is a pretty effective, versatile bunch. They can mash in the run game, or get out and make plays in the pass game. All in all, advantage Jets

• Upvote 3

Watson and Moore will connect.  I expect Moore to become the guy we were expecting last year.  Tapes show he was open often and not targeted.  Lazard is a Rodgers favorite but the Jets have more options to spread the ball around.  

Moore gets 70 catches for 800+ yards.

16 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Watson and Moore will connect.  I expect Moore to become the guy we were expecting last year.  Tapes show he was open often and not targeted.  Lazard is a Rodgers favorite but the Jets have more options to spread the ball around.  

Moore gets 70 catches for 800+ yards.

Browns have Amari Cooper, Peoples-Jones, Njoku, and Chubb, and Watson’s first six games in Cleveland were not impressive. I expect Lazard to play a lot in the slot where he was more productive than Moore. Lazard’s arrival made Moore that much more expendable because of that. His familiarity with Rodgers and Hackett’s offense is also huge. Moore has a new offense and QB to get to know. It will be interesting to see how he responds from his year as something of a troublemaker with the Jets after getting himself moved, but I don’t expect a big year. 

I think something to consider is which qb, Rodgers or Watson will have a better time of playing with their new team. Watson was pretty darn good with the Texans but we’ve seen players do well on one team and then fall flat with their new team. The same applies to Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think something to consider is which qb, Rodgers or Watson will have a better time of playing with their new team. Watson was pretty darn good with the Texans but we’ve seen players do well on one team and then fall flat with their new team. The same applies to Rodgers.

You’d have to expect some degree of bounce back from Watson. He hadn’t played in something like two years and had been through a personal ringer of his own doing. That wears on a person. He might never be completely the same guy again, though.

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2023 at 10:38 PM, Beerfish said:

Jaxon Smith Njigba or Will McDonald?   ?

That's the one I'll be interested in tbqh. :-k

In terms of Moore vs Lazard, Moore is now on a team with #1 Amari Cooper (132 targets 1,160 yards 9 TD's), #2 Donovan Peoples-Jones (96/839/3), Cedric Tillman (a big, strong 2023 3rd round rookie) and Marquise Goodwin (42/387/4 w/ Seattle), in addition to himself (37/446/1), with Njoku at TE (58/638/4) and two RB's (Hunt and Chubb) who also got ~40 targets each last year. 

That is alot of competition for passes.  And keep in mind, the Browns played only 6 games with Watson last year.

Lazard joins a WR corps, with #1 Wilson (147/1,103/4), #2 (?) Davis (64/536/2), Hardman (34/297/4), Cobb (50/417/1) and himself (100/788/6), Conklin (87/552/3) and again, a pair of RB's (Carter/Hall) that got 80 targets between them.

Lazard figured to be the Jets every-down #2 WR (behind Wilson, but ahead of Davis with Rodgers at QB).  I'd wager 90+ targets, 850+ yards, 5+ TD's would be a fair expectation for Lazard.

Moore figures to be Cleveland's #3 slot guy at best (clearly behind Cooper and Peoples-Jones as 1 and 2, possibly splitting playing time with Tillman and Goodwin as the #3/#4 priority guy, depending on spot and field position, tbqh).  I'd guess 50 or less targets, 600 or less yards and 4 or less TD's for Moore in this environment. 

It's just hard to see Moore producing more than Lazard all things considered, outside injury of course.

• Upvote 1