Recent Site Updates

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How do these get created? Is it only for people w/elevated privileges?

Yes a mod has to create them. We are open to discussion with this. There are so many ways it can be used. I think once we start one we can make someone an admin just for that chat. But I have to confirm that.

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks for your patience, everyone. The upgrades are all done. I figured it would be easiest to recap things in one place.

New Homepage: Yes we do have a NY Jets Blog. Click that link and check it out. It has an upgraded look and feel.

Updated Forums:

• We have moved the forums so they are now in the Amazon cloud. The main thing that does for us is gives us the ability to handle much more traffic. In the past, we were running smoothly with 2,000 people in the forums. Aaron Rodgers is here now, so we needed a bigger boat.

• Who is Viewing - you will see some real-time options now for viewing a forum, who is typing in a thread, etc.image.png

• Push Notifications: Never miss an update!
  • Screenshot_20230522-084629.png

• Live Events: can now do video chats, hosted debates etc in the forums. 

Basically, this upgrade opens up a lot of things for us. Now that the forums are int he cloud, and not on a stand alone dedicated server, we will be able to handle bigger game day crowds like I mentioned and the performance should be even better.

Let us know what you think. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. We are going to be testing out live events really soon. I see a lot of possibilities for that: Training camp chats, poster debates, possibly even game day stuff we will see how it goes. Your feedback is appreciated.

Why don't GIFs load anymore? I have been rendered mute.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Oh interesting, I will look into this.

image.png

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why don't GIFs load anymore? I have been rendered mute.

Yeah but it also mutes Kelly. Some sacrifices are worth it.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yeah but it also mutes Kelly. Some sacrifices are worth it.

Damn that would have been a better subscription option instead of no ads.  Can you join our board of directors? We need fresh ideas!  :)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, freestater said:

I like the new bar showing who's in the thread and posting. That way when I see that @Jetsfan80 is typing, I can run away. 

You know, I feel like this really just ruins the surprise that has historically come with my long, eloquent diatribes, which I know are just the real pick-me-ups of so many people's days.

• Haha 3