Will Zach Wilson make it a living hell? (Updated as of 31 May)

Healthy  rested knee (hopefully) time to reflect and grow up, I see no reason that with Rodgers as a mentor Zach Wilson  doesn't move on and become a solid NFL QB, question is where will he end up playing when Rodgers retires and Zach's contract is up?

Doubt its with the Jets.

• Upvote 3

this is the plan, which i am sure has been agreed by everyone.

Rodgers this year and next year...

Jets do not pick up Wilsons 5th year...

They let him play for his new deal...

take it from the guy who called the hacket rodgers combo to the jets in january.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

this is the plan, which i am sure has been agreed by everyone.

Rodgers this year and next year...

Jets do not pick up Wilsons 5th year...

They let him play for his new deal...

take it from the guy who called the hacket rodgers combo to the jets in january.

Play when? If they don’t pick up the option, he will be a free agent after Rodgers two years is over. Even if Rogers retires, guarantee you that Zach doesn’t re-sign with us.

28 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Play when? If they don’t pick up the option, he will be a free agent after Rodgers two years is over. Even if Rogers retires, guarantee you that Zach doesn’t re-sign with us.

He will re-sign with us prob a 1 year deal (basically a re-worked 5th year option). Reality is he will have a lot more value to us than to anyone else in the NFL after sitting on the sidelines for 2 years. It will be in the best interest of both parties.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I see we've identified at least one of the NY Sports medias narratives for this fall, the Zach Wilson Hypetrain now that he's a meaningless backup.

"Build um' up so we can tear um' down" in action.

I'd love it if all of Jetsfandom rose up and responded to this with "please focus on our starters in camp, thanks", but too many fans will want Wilson news the same way they watch Days of Our Lives and don't tell anyone, lol.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I doubt it ever clicks for him, but you can’t deny that the Jets are putting him in the best possible position to be rehabilitated.

If Zach can just develop into a competent, league average starter after Rodgers is gone then that’s a win.

Hell, it's probably a longshot just for him to develop into a QB capable of putting up numbers of a QB who isn't in the bottom 3 of the league.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I see we've identified at least one of the NY Sports medias narratives for this fall, the Zach Wilson Hypetrain now that he's a meaningless backup.

"Build um' up so we can tear um' down" in action.

I'd love it if all of Jetsfandom rose up and responded to this with "please focus on our starters in camp, thanks", but too many fans will want Wilson news the same way they watch Days of Our Lives and don't tell anyone, lol.

I'm good with it, honestly.  Pump that trade value up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jbt said:

he has made all jets fans lives living hell

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

He certainly did for us the last two years.

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

He's done a good job of making it a living hell for Jets fans the last two years

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

My life in 2022 was a li int hell because of Zach Wilson 

Well done JN.  Well done.