I am probably going to be banned for saying this, but it sounds like Rodgers is the de facto head coach

28 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

He's a nearly 2 decade veteran QB who has played in this offense before.  If he weren't involved in helping teach the guys the playbook and concepts it would be much more concerning.

This is probably true and a good thing.  Saleh isn't a very good HC.

This is just like free agent "list".  Does anyone really thing Joe Douglas knows more about what a QB needs in a WR than Aaron Rodgers?  

It's silly, Rodgers should be leading the WR FA process.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, EarthWindandRodgers said:

Could you imagine this guy on a Parcells team? It sounds like he is pretty much in charge of the offense and maybe the team. Let’s be real, this guy knows way more about football than Robert Saleh. 

listen to him… I’ve never heard a player talk about “the standard”

Ummmmmm no it's just that this is what a COMPETENT and truly GREAT QB sounds like.  Yea he has attitude and guess what he should,......

He is already made a positive impact

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Why is Parcells always the oft-cited paragon of head coaching?

It's like the only acceptable leadership style is being an absolute d*ck to everyone and the only acceptable method of winning is ball control football.

We've just seen with year one of Tompa Bay that when the coach starts to listen to the great vet QB about the offense, the offense clicks. 

I'm happy we don't have to wait until week 8 this year to figure that out. 

Parcells coached the Jets 25 years ago. I just think it would be funny to imagine this press conference under him. 

16 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Why is Parcells always the oft-cited paragon of head coaching?

It's like the only acceptable leadership style is being an absolute d*ck to everyone and the only acceptable method of winning is ball control football.

We've just seen with year one of Tompa Bay that when the coach starts to listen to the great vet QB about the offense, the offense clicks. 

I'm happy we don't have to wait until week 8 this year to figure that out. 

It’s a sick obsession.

13 minutes ago, EarthWindandRodgers said:

Parcells coached the Jets 25 years ago. I just think it would be funny to imagine this press conference under him. 

About the only guy I'd like to see be coached by Parcells on the current team is Mekhi Becton.

It's just odd to think "what would a guy who coached the team in the late 90's, never won a championship and traded away the chance to draft Orlando Pace so he could pick James Farrior @ pick 7 think about an Aaron Rodgers press conference in 2023"?

So interested to hear you opine on what you think Vince Lombardi would've thought of Brett Favre in the late 90's.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, EarthWindandRodgers said:

Rodgers is larger than life. Parcells never had a QB like this, and maybe there is a reason for that. you dont bring in someone who can challenge you being the boss.

remember all those years of fighting with Phil Simms? Parcells probably didnt want another QB who wouldn't treat him as the " Capo di tutti Capi"... Boss of all bosses.

plus i think Rodgers would have more respect for a HC if he was with him when he was new like Brady with Belichick. Brady could have challenged Bill but he never did. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

It’s probably a not-so-subconscious boomer obsession with a leader who uses intimidation and belittling as his main tactics. 

"Only sissies work from home"

"Back in my day, I paid my way through college and graduated with no debt"

The world's changed, homie.

Parcells is Blockbuster Video. 

• Upvote 1

He's a nearly 2 decade veteran QB who has played in this offense before.  If he weren't involved in helping teach the guys the playbook and concepts it would be much more concerning.
It's much more than the playbook and concepts .. and that is refreshing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

About the only guy I'd like to see be coached by Parcells on the current team is Mekhi Becton.

It's just odd to think "what would a guy who coached the team in the late 90's, never won a championship and traded away the chance to draft Orlando Pace so he could pick James Farrior @ pick 7 think about an Aaron Rodgers press conference in 2023"?

So interested to hear you opine on what you think Vince Lombardi would've thought of Brett Favre in the late 90's.

Take it easy. Parcells brought a lot of talent to the Jets. Those Herm Edwards team that made the playoffs 3/5 years were build largely by Parcells. 

All I am saying is it would have been funny to witness Parcells coach a player as outspoken as Rodgers. I think he would have lost it. 

"Only sissies work from home"
"Back in my day, I paid my way through college and graduated with no debt"
The world's changed, homie.
Parcells is Blockbuster Video. 
World kinda sucks today .. just sayin'.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, EarthWindandRodgers said:
Seriously. Did you hear the last part with him telling the tryout guys that they need to finish every rep if they want to make the team. Saleh should be taking notes. 

He was calling out the loosy goosy attitudes in practice ... A theme that sounds similar to what Garrett was known to have vented about last year.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 4

He is. I can see a scenario where AR and Saleh are the perfect marriage. I could also see you wear. This is a spectacular failure. Entertaining either way.

We weren’t going anywhere without Rodgers so give it a try.

This is epically entertainIng- bring on hard knocks

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He was calling out the loosy goosy attitudes in practice ... A theme that sounds similar to what Garrett was known to have vented about last year.

Remember when I called out the short and light practices both training camps and got attacked by the rabid dogs @T0mShane remembers

• Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EarthWindandRodgers said:

Could you imagine this guy on a Parcells team? It sounds like he is pretty much in charge of the offense and maybe the team. Let’s be real, this guy knows way more about football than Robert Saleh. 

listen to him… I’ve never heard a player talk about “the standard”

I think brady and manning both talked this way to a degree , i only every saw short clips, but I think jets are like hell yeah coach I mean aaron rodger who is totally just a qb and not in any way our savior...wink wink..

I remember farve coming in and throwing our the whole damn crappy playbook and just calling his own plays from the line. Glad we are skipping that whole process. looks like Jets ownership learned something. 

This is rodger team and should be as the QB and leader of the team. Great to hear and see a qb liek this. SOmething we have needed for a long time.

This is going to be a great year!

• Upvote 2