If you could add one veteran via trade from this list who would it be

Let’s hypothetically say JD has one more big move in him via trade before the season starts. If you could add one of these possibly available guys who’d you take:

Budda Baker

Davante Adams

Deandre Hopkins

Derrick Henry 

Mike Evans/Chris Godwin

Dalvin Cook

Personally I’d move heaven and earth to add Davante. Still one of best WRs in football and the offense would be on a different level. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Are we assuming the compensation is the same? If so obviously Davante Adams. He's clearly the best and most valuable player on the list.

But like, I'm not sure I'd move the massive trade comp needed to get him.

This was basically going to be my answer. 

I think you can make an argument Mike Evans would be the best choice in terms of getting a really good player without giving up the farm. If Adams is traded, it will be expensive. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure the gap between Adams and Evans is as big as some of you guys imply it is.  If you consider that Adams feasted with Rodgers as his QB while Evans mostly toiled under mediocrity there, it feels like a draw to me, with Evans at 6'5" getting the edge.

Yes, Adams and Rodgers have all that familiarity, but I can't imagine it would take Rodgers and Evans more than 15 minutes to have a full-on bromance brewing.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

This was basically going to be my answer. 

I think you can make an argument Mike Evans would be the best choice in terms of getting a really good player without giving up the farm. If Adams is traded, it will be expensive. 

Correct.

Like Dalvin Cook is on the list and he could be had for free. There's a gap in the actual value of these guys.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I'm not sure the gap between Adams and Evans is as big as some of you guys imply it is.  If you consider that Adams feasted with Rodgers as his QB while Evans mostly toiled under mediocrity there, it feels like a draw to me, with Evans at 6'5" getting the edge.

Yes, Adams and Rodgers have all that familiarity, but I can't imagine it would take Rodgers and Evans more than 15 minutes to have a full-on bromance brewing.

I'll admit that when I posted what I posed I assumed Evans was older, but Adams is actually slightly older, both were drafted in 2014.

Would still take Adams on the Jets because of Rodgers, but it's closer than I was probably thinking.

• Upvote 1

We don't need a WR, Wr is not weak we have singned rodgers buddies we have garret wilson who is going to be davante adams.

We do not need a RB.

What do we need?  A safety that is not trash.

All these guys are too costly so forget it but w are weak as lambs at safety and half way though next year we will be talking about it a lot.

Foolish doubters!  (And you know who you are!)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Jamal Adams? @T0mShane and @Jetsfan80 want to meet you in teh parking lot.

I saw a headline the other day that said “Jamal Adams not practicing yet, but Seahawks optimistic about his recovery” and I had forgotten what the injury was. It was a torn quad tendon that he incurred in Week One of last season. The dude is toast. Undersized, juiced up dude who was too small and soft to play in the box, but too slow and unathletic to play anywhere else. What a heist by Douglas. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I saw a headline the other day that said “Jamal Adams not practicing yet, but Seahawks optimistic about his recovery” and I had forgotten what the injury was. It was a torn quad tendon that he incurred in Week One of last season. The dude is toast. Undersized, juiced up dude who was too small and soft to play in the box, but too slow and unathletic to play anywhere else. What a heist by Douglas. 

JD - best trade of NY Jets history - should get more time than you know who for stealing 2 1st rounders from Seahawks who were fortunate to get them back for R Wilson and have Geno finally play like a QB 20 years after being drafted but he still sucks IMO.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:54 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s hypothetically say JD has one more big move in him via trade before the season starts. If you could add one of these possibly available guys who’d you take:

Budda Baker

Davante Adams

Deandre Hopkins

Derrick Henry 

Mike Evans/Chris Godwin

Dalvin Cook

Personally I’d move heaven and earth to add Davante. Still one of best WRs in football and the offense would be on a different level. 

Well it would have to be cook or another rb because of our weaknt there until hall is back and ready to go. I mean if you wanted to make a smart decision