Report: Jets sign UDFA WR Jerome Kapp

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Shifty slot receiver type:

FtmGs7DWYAAeb_t?format=jpg&name=large

If I was a giraffe-shaped TE named Kuntz, you better believe I would have pulled out all the stops to attend Kutztown University. I’d be walking around campus adding little “n’s” everywhere!

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

If I was a giraffe-shaped TE named Kuntz, you better believe I would have pulled out all the stops to attend Kutztown University. I’d be walking around campus adding little “n’s” everywhere!

Damn, missed opportunity!!

21 hours ago, mrcoops said:

From Kutztown, alma mater of Andre Reed. Let's hope Kapp has a similarly impressive pro career.

He was in rookie camp as a tryout, obviously impressed the coaches.

Ugh, #42 Bruce Harper.  

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So is this pickup to be the one that puts a Kapp on Corey Davis’s time here?

As a rookie UDFA his Kapp number is much lower than Davis’s, that’s for sure.

You think Kapp can produce to the same level as Davis?

Isn't this an "all-in" season?  Do you typically dump solid-enough veterans for unknown UDFA players in all-in seasons?

• WTF? 1

25 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Not saying it'll happen to Kapp but would really be cool if the Jets could have one of those out of no where guys turn into a top player at his position. We're due! 

I'm thinking that it says something that the Jets had already signed 3 highly rated UDFA WRs, handing our some serious guaranteed money, and still wanted to sign Kapp after his tryout.

Either Kapp was seriously impressive in rookie camp...or the other 3 guys have been unimpressive. We'll find out which in pre-season, but I'm hoping that it's that Kapp was too impressive to pass up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Not saying it'll happen to Kapp but would really be cool if the Jets could have one of those out of no where guys turn into a top player at his position. We're due! 

Robbie Anderson. Top guy no but a helluva UDFA hit.