Rumor: Corey Davis/CJ Mosley could be restructured, traded or cut.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

He is indeed terribly slow. And he whiffed on so many plays. He made some great plays too.  The honest truth is that CJ is wildly inconsistent and should not be paid like a top tier LB.  He is not up there and probably never really was. 

You want to cut him and replace with who?  

10 minutes ago, Tooooon said:

You want to cut him and replace with who?  

That's the problem.  He's overpriced and inconsistent at the position. But better than the alternatives.  Bad situation from the get go with CJ's contract from Mac.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. But I don't think we can restructure or cut Davis or Mosley without having something better there.

There's no one better than Mosely on the market. So I see no way he's cut. Maybe restructured when he can early in the season.

Davis is a starting WR for us right now. Can't cut him and start Cobb IMO. If you're cutting, trading Davis... you better be trading for a better WR talent. Which I doubt we're trading more draft assets than what's likely our 1st already next year.

I think The both maybe restructure... but both are Jets this year.

Lazard is starting over Davis... Hardman is slot... There is also Mims outside if Lazard is inside... Not 100% that Davis is a starter... 

Mosley is not getting cut, traded maybe if they find another trade.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Randall Cobb should be retired. And so should Aaron Rodgers if we're being honest. 

side note CJ Mosely is terrible. I don't know how this dude made the pro bowl. He might have value in a 3-4 but he's always been a terrible fit in Saleh's 4-3

Corey Davis has no hops 

you are going to look like a genius or a fool at the end of the season with your Rodgers comments.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You know how much I despise clothes discussion but this might just be a jersey I'd be willing to wear.  

On the bright side, Jets fans have the most expensive car wash rags on earth.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

A little odd to respond to a post without even reading it, especially considering your strong views on the subject.

I have not read anything substantial about Mosley being cut or traded so that would be entirely new.  Show us a legitimate article or tweet that references a trade or cut.

Do your own homework.

• Thumb Down 2

10 hours ago, JTJet said:

Member for 1 week. This is the exact moment I stopped reading. 

Gotcha. I will be sure and wait 15 years to share any more rumors I might hear, so it’s more reliable for you. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Gotcha. I will be sure and wait 15 years to share any more rumors I might hear, so it’s more reliable for you. 

You won’t last another day if you can’t take the heat. 

You posted someone reached out to you from the jets with information that the two players with the biggest cap savings  post June 1 might get restructured, might get traded , might get cut.   Lol. You looked at OTC and just threw it out to see if it sticks. Then you frame it as a rumor so if it doesn’t happen you have cover. 

if you hear anything about Q’s negotiations be sure to let us know 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hasn’t society already established you can’t just say “respectfully” before dropping any insult you want?  lol.

That guy’s time is short here, I imagine.  He’ll have to find somewhere else to whine about Jets fans 24/7.

I still love you. ❤️ 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

So you’re saying we should all be sure of this? Thanks JD. 

Nope. I was just responding to someone who feels that rumor posts have to be something that is definite. And the fact that he didn’t feel like reading the entire post. Making a judgment from just the heading. 

I have some connections. I never said it was definitely happening. I made it a point to say “rumor” and “likely”. 

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

CJ Mosley and the Jets can't restructure until September. You can only restructure someone once every 365 days.

This is untrue. Contracts can be restructured as many times as both parties agree on the restructure. Typically, what cannot happen more than once in a year, pending the language of the specific contract, is a team converting clauses and years, into one time bonuses, which is not required to be agreed upon by both parties. Just the team. I know a little bit about this, if you have any questions. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

This is untrue. Contracts can be restructured as many times as both parties agree on the restructure. Typically, what cannot happen more than once in a year, pending the language of the specific contract, is a team converting clauses and years, into one time bonuses, which is not required to be agreed upon by both parties. Just the team. I know a little bit about this, if you have any questions. 

Do you like any salad that doesn't have mayo in it?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Obviously I am not going to say exactly where i got this from, but for those who know me here, I am not one that is going to just post something for fun. It’s a real source within teams involved. You can choose not to believe me. I thought guys here would want to know and I get people being skeptical of me and my newness to this forum. But those who actually know me, know that I am not full of sh*t. 

thanks, I was not asking you to reveal sources, just asking if you actually had them or were repeating something from some other source.

I don't know how anyone would actually know you yet, but I don't know sh*t about fuk.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

This can't be true, for the simple fact that they are restructuring Rodgers for the second time in a season, within months.

You are absolutely right. Contracts can be restructured 100 times if both parties agree and the language in the contract allows it. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Btw, op doesn’t know the difference between acquitted and convicted. I’d spend very little time taking this nonsense seriously. 

Delusions of grandeur abound lol. 

Read my post in the Araiza thread again. You obviously didn’t comprehend what I said. I said “the guy didn’t get acquitted due to questionable evidence. There was video proof. I should have rephrased by saying “The guy got acquitted because they had video proof he wasn’t there. It wasn’t questionable evidence.” I can understand why it confused you. My bad for phrasing it that way. I know the difference between acquitting and convicting 😂