Coach of the Year odds

fetch?id=171222&d=1684699763

Coach Saleh among the fav's to win Coach of the Year

I don't think any of our head coaches have ever won Coach of the Year. The award has been around  since 1957. Kinda says something about our head coaches  😳

1 hour ago, jtomm said:

I don't think any of our head coaches have ever won Coach of the Year. The award has been around  since 1957. Kinda says something about our head coaches  😳

Walt Michaels won it in 1978, I believe.

It’s odd that Reid, Belli, Shanny, Tomlin, and Pete aren’t on there… I feel like they should be odds-on favorites, every year. Their impact year-over-year on their teams cannot be touched by the rest of that list.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s odd that Reid, Belli, Shanny, Tomlin, and Pete aren’t on there… I feel like they should be odds-on favorites, every year. Their impact year-over-year on their teams cannot be touched by the rest of that list.

Usually goes to the HC's that aren't expected to do much but then over achieve. Unless they go like 16-1 or something out of the norm.

3 hours ago, jtomm said:

Judging by certain posters here... He should be fired not a Coach of the Year candidate.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Usually goes to the HC's that aren't expected to do much but then over achieve. Unless they go like 16-1 or something out of the norm.

I know, I just think that’s stupid. It’s the rationalization of awarding something that is trending over something that is perpetually true. Not a big deal.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

how do we short Dan Campbell? asking for a friend.

When the lions are 2-7 ask again 🤣 The fact is ... that team is more snakebit than the new york jets ... and that gives me enough solace to sleep well at night. Barring the inevitable catastrophic occurrence .. I agree it feels like Campbells job to lose.

Edited by Dunnie