Barnwell: The Jets had the 9th worst off-season the NFL

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I always wondered how Barnwell stayed employed because he’s such an uninteresting hipster cliche, and then you look at how little engagement his original content draws on Twitter, etc. i’d love to know if his articles pull numbers at all on Plus because the only people I ever see mention Barnwell are other sports media nerds.

He has one of ESPNs most successful podcast with Mina Kimes (smoke show)

• Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Just for context, this Barnwell guy is a Giants fan who went to Northeastern and has admitted he "worships" Brady. So Giants and Pats? He would NEVER be negative about the Jets.

Barnwell isn’t like that. His content is largely unbiased. 

He stirred the pot pretty hard on us with Darnold and proved to be right. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He got all of his cache from Bill Simmons, no?

Interestingly enough @dbatesman despised Bill Simmons, too.

The cognitive dissonance this must be causing @dbatesman is so very, very delicious.

Right @dbatesman???

Disagree. Barnwell became big time partnering with Robert Mays. Both have made millions on NFL analysis. 

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He got all of his cache from Bill Simmons, no?

Interestingly enough @dbatesman despised Bill Simmons, too.

The cognitive dissonance this must be causing @dbatesman is so very, very delicious.

Right @dbatesman???

This whole thing smacks of effort. You won. We traded two first round picks for Aaron Rodgers. We're a Super Bowl contender. Nothing bad is going to happen. Why bother with me anymore?

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll never understand why so many folks let the sports media trigger them.

If you believe we're gonna be good, and the trade was good, why do you care what Barnwell (or anyone else) thinks or days?

Does their view somehow have an unwilling effect on your own?  If so.....why on earth would you let that happen?  

objectively it isn't a totally dumb argument that paying $110MM over 2 years for AR and throwing in a 1st and second is not as good of a trade as getting Jimmy G or bridgewater or Tannihill.  

we paid ALOT for AR - given we didn't get any salary cap relief.  

2 years of deep playoff runs and i won't mind that we paid that much.  but it's alot.  Bit and others have a point on this.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

objectively it isn't a totally dumb argument that paying $110MM over 2 years for AR and throwing in a 1st and second is not as good of a trade as getting Jimmy G or bridgewater or Tannihill.  

2 years of deep playoff runs and i won't mind that we paid that much.  but it's alot.  Bit and others have a point on this.

The argument is that the two teams paying Tannehill and Garoppolo in excess of $36 mil this year are both set to finish 4-13 or worse. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, EarthWindandRodgers said:

I can’t copy and paste the article for some reason.

Some nuggets 

-Jets paid too much for Rodgers, they would have been better off with Teddy Bridgewater, Broderick Jones and the draft picks 

-The window is too short-Barnwell believes Rodgers will retire after 2023 because the Jets will be bad 

-The Jets have nothing at left tackle and were banking on Broderick Jones

Now, I know Bill Barnwell personally and he’s a football genius. 

9423B497-9A96-4006-B001-398DA8994D06.gif

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Oh, it's definitely a dumb argument.  The AFC is filthy loaded.  You aren't winning d**k with Jimmy G, Tannehill, or Teddy Bridgewater.  Rodgers at least gives us a shot.  The juice is worth the squeeze.

And I imagine all 3 of the QBs you listed there will be available to us 2-3 years from now if we want them.  So....

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

He’ll straight up go on TV and say “whoever wins the turnover battle will win this game”

Super astute 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I heard him say once, "I really thinks this comes down to which defense holds the other offense to less points". 

I've heard him say the key to winning is if Tony Dorsett rushes for over 100 yards. 

And that was over a decade after TD retired!

he might be right..... but we wont know for at least 3 years or more.

1. how was Rodgers here? how far did we go?

2. how good was Carr in NO ? that was the guy if Rodgers retired. not Teddy B or Jimmy G.

3. how good did the draft picks we gave up turned out to be ? that OL we lost out on at 13, the 43 rd pick. next years #1.

god willing we will all be around to debate this in 3 years. hopefully it wont be a debate because Rodgers was great and Carr and the draft picks sucked. but if we go one and done in each of Rodgers years and Carr and those draft picks are really good then we will have some heated debates.

to early now to say anything, but thats what these guys get paid for.

5 hours ago, EarthWindandRodgers said:

Listen guys.

I met Barnwell in a gym in NJ years ago. He’s a nice guy, definitely very knowledgeable. 

Please don’t get mad at me. I am not creating the content. Barnwell is. 

You are not the one creating content , but you are endorsing it by calling him a ‘football genius’ because … he helped you lose weight?

Welcome to JN, where that kind of reasoning gets you torn apart. Oh wait, you’ve been here before haven’t you?

16 hours ago, EarthWindandRodgers said:

I can’t copy and paste the article for some reason.

Some nuggets 

-Jets paid too much for Rodgers, they would have been better off with Teddy Bridgewater, Broderick Jones and the draft picks 

-The window is too short-Barnwell believes Rodgers will retire after 2023 because the Jets will be bad 

-The Jets have nothing at left tackle and were banking on Broderick Jones

Now, I know Bill Barnwell personally and he’s a football genius. 

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david.gif