most OVERpaid player for the Jets ?

The Most Overpaid Player for All 32 NFL Teams

New York Jets — Laken Tomlinson

Base Salary: $13,500,000

Tomlinson made one Pro Bowl (with the Niners) before coming over across the country to New York. His lone season with the Jets was — shall we say — a rough one. According to Pro Football Focus, Tomlinson ranked 58th overall out of 77 offensive guards in the NFL. Even rougher, he graded 69th out of a possible 75 when it came to run blocking. Fortunately for the Jets this year, the addition of Aaron Rodgers should lead to some more throwing of the football.

rest of above article  >> https://newarena.com/nfl/the-most-overpaid-player-for-all-32-nfl-teams/25/?amxt=2022_dt_cntnt9_3&utm_campaign=yh_df_NFL_money_51523&utm_source=yh_ae&utm_medium=yhdt-2022_dt_cntnt9_3&utm_term=HOMEPAGE_US|c

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, jgb said:

With Wentz being released and Mariota and Winston re-working their deals, we now have the highest-paid backup QB in the league and he is our most overpaid player.

They still envision Zach as our QB of the future once Rodgers retires. I’m not saying I agree or disagree with that assessment, but I believe that is management’s position.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

They still envision Zach as our QB of the future once Rodgers retires. I’m not saying I agree or disagree with that assessment, but I believe that is management’s position.

It might be. They also don't have much choice in the matter but to say it. Imagine how ridiculous it would be to pay a third-string QB $8million per.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

..it is   😎

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

With Wentz being released and Mariota and Winston re-working their deals, our "backup" QB is now the highest-paid QB2 in the league and our most overpaid player.

Well, look on the bright side. If Zach doesn’t show improvement after this season then maybe one of those guys will be considered for Rodgers replacement after year two.  All of those guys had serious maturity problems and maybe they’ll get their heads straightened out.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Well, look on the bright side. If Zach doesn’t show improvement after this season then maybe one of those guys will be considered for Rodgers replacement after year two.  All of those guys had serious maturity problems and maybe they’ll get their heads straightened out.

Or sooner. If -- heaven forbid -- Rodgers misses significant time and we are in the hunt, here's how I see this playing out. Jets sign one of these guys (if any still available) and announce it's insurance and that "Zach is our starter." Zach comes in and Zachs for 1.5 games and is yanked and the other guy takes over.

I don't think our real QB2 is on the roster.

• Upvote 2

Or sooner. If -- heaven forbid -- Rodgers misses significant time and we are in the hunt, here's how I see this playing out. Jets sign one of these guys (if any still available) and announce it's insurance and that "Zach is our starter." Zach comes in and Zachs for 1.5 games and is yanked and the other guy takes over.
.. I can see this too .. or Zach dominates ... Or Zach stays in the shadowrealm practicing to be unleashed at some point next season if Rodgers bails or goes down.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

..he's not but he is  " free " at the moment -

carson-wentz-north-dakota-state-bison-fr

😎

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

And even better......Zach sits on the sidelines for this year, as he should.  Rodgers commits to playing next season, and it is now May of 2024.  The Jets must decide whether to pay Zach's 5th year option for the following season, or not.  If they pay his 5th year option, he will get over $20M for 2025 not having played since he bungled up 2022.  

I wonder what the Jets would do?????   HMMM??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Alka said:

And even better......Zach sits on the sidelines for this year, as he should.  Rodgers commits to playing next season, and it is now May of 2024.  The Jets must decide whether to pay Zach's 5th year option for the following season, or not.  If they pay his 5th year option, he will get over $20M for 2025 not having played since he bungled up 2022.  

I wonder what the Jets would do?????   HMMM??

drake.jpg?w=1912&h=1076

😉

• More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

Guys. Guys. Guys.

Thus thread is about how much Laken Tomlinson sucks. Not how much Zach sucks. 

I can easily buy that Laken is our most overpaid starter. But I think paying a guy $8 million to (hopefully) not play, makes that guy the most overpaid by definition.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

.. I can see this too .. or Zach dominates ... Or Zach stays in the shadowrealm practicing to be unleashed at some point next season if Rodgers bails or goes down.

All it took was one nice day in 7-on-7s for Dunnie to go full Dunnie.

Go home Dunnie.  You're drunk.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Despite them realizing how bad the pick was that absolutely has to be their public stance doesnt it? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Should both be getting back up money and not 2 and 3 overall money. 

Oh, we agree. But Lance is being paid slightly less and has less of a track record of proven suck. Either of those reasons would be enough on its own for me to make that trade.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Laken is a good candidate so is Zach 

End of the day I suspect people will wonder how Aaron Rodgers is worth 50 mil per season 

He's literally the most expensive player in the entire league. And he's about half the player he used to be 

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Laken is a good candidate so is Zach 

End of the day I suspect people will wonder how Aaron Rodgers is worth 50 mil per season 

He's literally the most expensive player in the entire league. And he's about half the player he used to be 

Even at half league MVP he’s better than every QB we’ve had since color TV has been the thing. Favre stopped by here to show his country cannoli to anybody who would look on his way to Minnesota. Doesn’t  count, 

• Upvote 2