C.J. Uzomah: Aaron Rodgers' Biggest Presence Has Been in Meetings

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

"It seems very tight-end friendly," he said. "I don't even know what playbook this is for me going into my ninth year. There are times where I'm like this is a different word that I've had for the past couple of years. It is what it is. It does make a lot more sense, the verbiage, and how we're communicating things and how we're checking things. It simplifies a lot. It allows us to play a little bit faster. So once we're dialed in on that, full steam ahead."

Suck it LeFluer. 

I know it wasn't in the cards but would've been great to have a rookie QB in there, soaking all this up while Rodgers is here. Oh well, Zachary it is. 

• Upvote 3

I appreciate the fact that Rodgers knows there is alot of work to be done, and he should be here participating in voluntary offseason activities.  It's been so long since the Jets had a true game changing leader and field general.  I really get the sense that Rodgers is all in, and he would like nothing more than to win another championship and cement his legacy.

With all that said, all that matters is what happens when the real games start.  If he can give us a three year period of good to great quarterback play, this team can make some noise.  Let's hope this changes the trajectory of the team for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Let's not forget that while Rodgers (and Lazard and Cobb) know this offense, the rest of the guys are learning it for the first time. There's going to be a learning curve. I expect the offense to struggle against our defense once camp starts.

Given the overlap with the LaFleur family and Hackett do we know if the terminology is the same as it was last year?

I really dont care about the play designs, that stuff has to get installed on every team every year - the issue comes up if the terminology changes, thats what can slow the players down.  

If hackett has the same terminology as lafleur that would be great for the rest of the team.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Suck it LeFluer. 

I know it wasn't in the cards but would've been great to have a rookie QB in there, soaking all this up while Rodgers is here. Oh well, Zachary it is. 

After two seasons of milfy Zach is essentially a rookie.

• Haha 3