Saints | Team to trade out of No. 2 slot; seeking defensive help?

Smizzy

Saints | Team to trade out of No. 2 slot; seeking defensive help?

Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:42:10 -0800

According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, the New Orleans Saints are definitely trading out of the second spot in the NFL Draft, and they are looking for a defensive player.

Hopefully not to us.

Don't forget about Minnesota maybe looking to move up.

The could package their 1st round pick along with 1 or both of their 2nd rounders and move up to take Leinart, Young or Cutler, whomever they prefer. Brad Johnson is 37 and at best has 2 years left in him. He probably shouldn't even be the starter next season.

Don't forget about Minnesota maybe looking to move up.

The could package their 1st round pick along with 1 or both of their 2nd rounders and move up to take Leinart, Young or Cutler, whomever they prefer. Brad Johnson is 37 and at best has 2 years left in him. He probably shouldn't even be the starter next season.

I think we need to head this move off at the pass and trade our #4 for the Vikes' first- and second-rounders, before the Saints can trade down. We have too many holes to trade up--plus, this is a deep draft, so moving down to 17 and picking up another 2nd round pick could be excellent for us.

I have a feeling the Saints trade down to 7, Oakland takes a QB like Leinart, and the Saints are looking at someone like Michael Huff or Haloti Ngata. I don't see the Packers or 49ers trading up, and I don't see us trading up.

You know it could be Buffalo that they're looking at.

Buffalo would have to give up their #1 (8), #2 (72) one of their #3 plus quarterback J.P. Losman. After all, the Bills are shopping around their 2004 first-round draft pick after using him sparingly the last 2 seasons.

Buffalo could be looking to get Lienert, or even Cutler at #2

I would not be surprised if they make this trade.

Especially when at #8 they still could get AJ Hawk.

You know it could be Buffalo that they're looking at.

Buffalo would have to give up their #1 (8), #2 (72) one of their #3 plus quarterback J.P. Losman. After all, the Bills are shopping around their 2004 first-round draft pick after using him sparingly the last 2 seasons.

Buffalo could be looking to get Lienert, or even Cutler at #2

I would not be surprised if they make this trade.

Especially when at #8 they still could get AJ Hawk.

So you're telling me that the in order for the Bills to trade up 6 spots they'd need to give up their 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder and JP Losman? Bull****. There's no way any team would make such a stupid trade.

How about:

Bills give: #8 overall & 2nd round pick

Saints give: #2 overall

That's all that's needed for 6 spots. These draft charts of points and crap are such bs. What teams actually make deals by that crap?

So you're telling me that the in order for the Bills to trade up 6 spots they'd need to give up their 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder and JP Losman? Bull****. There's no way any team would make such a stupid trade.

How about:

Bills give: #8 overall & 2nd round pick

Saints give: #2 overall

That's all that's needed for 6 spots. These draft charts of points and crap are such bs. What teams actually make deals by that crap?

that 2nd overall selection does not come in cheap...

Archived