Let's invite Mike Maccagnan to the JN Tailgate

30 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I find it interesting that our fired executives can’t seem to find jobs in their business of choice even in a lower level position. 

He drafted a safety when we needed a QB.  Then Mahommes and Watson were drafted in the next hour. THAT alone should get him tarred and feathered as worst GM in NY History.   All to protect Hackenberg. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He drafted a safety when we needed a QB.  Then Mahommes and Watson were drafted in the next hour. THAT alone should get him tarred and feathered as worst GM in NY History.   All to protect Hackenberg. 

Nope. All because he fell in love with darnold. He told his scouts to scout 2 classes. He scouted Sam in person twice. He fell in love with sams alpha leadership qualities. He decided he wasn’t in the market for a QB the first year. He wanted to change the culture. Adams was the pick because of his leadership reputation at LSU. 

That doesn’t make it better, it’s actually worse. He decided Watson and Mahomes weren’t going to change the culture here. One of the moments that changed Jets history was when he scouted Sam in person and noticed that Darnolds teammates “gravitated towards him “ on the sidelines. That’s all 100% true and factual 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Nope. All because he fell in love with darnold. He told his scouts to scout 2 classes. He scouted Sam in person twice. He fell in love with sams alpha leadership qualities. He decided he wasn’t in the market for a QB the first year. He wanted to change the culture. Adams was the pick because of his leadership reputation at LSU. 

That doesn’t make it better, it’s actually worse. He decided Watson and Mahomes weren’t going to change the culture here. One of the moments that changed Jets history was when he scouted Sam in person and noticed that Darnolds teammates “gravitated towards him “ on the sidelines. That’s all 100% true and factual 

Great story Bro but he stayed pat with Fitz.  So for me, your beef is my number 2 beef.  He then had to trade 3 second rounders to get Darnold. Thats my beef. 

Who stands pat with FITZ/McGown as a QB? He got exec of the year by 1 lucky year where his FA's worked out. We had no young talent as his drafting sucked.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Great story Bro but he stayed pat with Fitz.  So for me, your beef is my number 2 beef.  He then had to trade 3 second rounders to get Darnold. Thats my beef. 

Who stands pat with FITZ/McGown as a QB? He got exec of the year by 1 lucky year where his FA's worked out. We had no young talent as his drafting sucked.

Not my story. Albert breer covered it. I have no idea what point you’re trying to make but it’s all covered in the article 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2018/05/16/new-york-jets-sam-darnold-2018-draft

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Not my story. Albert breer covered it. I have no idea what point you’re trying to make but it’s all covered in the article 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2018/05/16/new-york-jets-sam-darnold-2018-draft

My point was that for me, him passing on a QB and drafting a safety was his biggest mistake. The Breer story, for me, is a good one and a close second as his biggest fukk ups.  Drafting Hack is up there as well.  NO team with a mediocre QB can succeed and yet he drafts a safety.  At least with Darnold, he finally realized we need a QB.  

44 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

My point was that for me, him passing on a QB and drafting a safety was his biggest mistake. The Breer story, for me, is a good one and a close second as his biggest fukk ups.  Drafting Hack is up there as well.  NO team with a mediocre QB can succeed and yet he drafts a safety.  At least with Darnold, he finally realized we need a QB.  

He drafted a leader for the defense.  It was never “ we need a safety over a QB”

He was walking the fine line between losing enough to keep his job and getting close enough to trade up for Darnold vs losing enough to have the #1 pick and getting fired. 

at the end of the day, our GM “with a background in scouting “ had the opportunity to draft Watson, Mahomes, Allen and Jackson and came away with Darold , but it cost him three 2nd round picks that he needed to build around Sam. Ironically, he didn’t lose enough games. 

sticking with the crap QBs was part of the plan. He was trying to lose. He was trying to keep his job at the same time. He could have gone with Petty and Hack and gotten the top pick, but then he risks getting fired.  

anyway we finally found a guy who is learning and growing into the job. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Larz said:

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

He drafted a leader for the defense.  It was never “ we need a safety over a QB”

He was walking the fine line between losing enough to keep his job and getting close enough to trade up for Darnold vs losing enough to have the #1 pick and getting fired. 

at the end of the day, our GM “with a background in scouting “ had the opportunity to draft Watson, Mahomes, Allen and Jackson and came away with Darold , but it cost him three 2nd round picks that he needed to build around Sam. Ironically, he didn’t lose enough games. 

sticking with the crap QBs was part of the plan. He was trying to lose. He was trying to keep his job at the same time. He could have gone with Petty and Hack and gotten the top pick, but then he risks getting fired.  

anyway we finally found a guy who is learning and growing into the job. 

Mahommes could have satisfied BOTH criteria.