Collin Coward's Superbowl bubble

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Shocker. Go root for the Gints

The guy said the Jets can be Special but it's possible the wheels can come completely off too.

I think that's very fair.  There are just far too many questions marks with the roster to not see it that way. 

If things fall right, we can have a really fun season and make a deep playoff run - I'm, of course, hoping for this to be the outcome....It's definitely possible...

But this isn't a proven, loaded roster.  There are a ton of really big ? that'll need to be answered.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I’m usually not a Cowherd fan, but I think, in this case he has a pretty good/fair take on the Jets right now.   

I agree to certain extent, he did however overlooked the defense. 

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

I agree to certain extent, he did however overlooked the defense. 

He did mention they have a good defense - and they do.  But it really is an offense driven league.  To win a Super Bowl you pretty much have to have a dominant offense.  

I'm just not sure the Jets have that.  As Cowherd stated, it's defiantly possible it can come together like that - but a lot has to fall right.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hawk said:

The only reason Collin Cowherd has any relevance is because some actually give him a platform.  

Who gives a flying **** about what this tool has to say, let alone think his opinion matters at all?

We only need to pay attention to those who say things we agree with. Anyone else is dumb.

BTW I love that the guy who started this thread agrees with you that Cowherd is irrelevant. And yet, here we are talking about Cowherd again thanks to him. 🙄

• Upvote 2

I can’t watch him anymore. He is wrong almost every time. I just can’t take him seriously.
He had the voice of gravitas originally and... that voice ended being wrong .... Often ... Now? Now he is a withered and weak little human.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

We only need to pay attention to those who say things we agree with. Anyone else is dumb.

BTW I love that the guy who started this thread agrees with you that Cowherd is irrelevant. And yet, here we are talking about Cowherd again thanks to him. 🙄

It's the same thing with Chris Simms and others. The people who disagree with them the most are the ones who end up giving them the most clicks.

And people wonder why they say such outrageous things...

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The guy said the Jets can be Special but it's possible the wheels can come completely off too.

I think that's very fair.  There are just far too many questions marks with the roster to not see it that way. 

If things fall right, we can have a really fun season and make a deep playoff run - I'm, of course, hoping for this to be the outcome....It's definitely possible...

But this isn't a proven, loaded roster.  There are a ton of really big ? that'll need to be answered.

What, exactly, does this “ton of really big ?” entail? I mean, I’m not counting Lombardi Trophies before they’re hatched or anything, but the only big, massive, question mark I see for this team is health. If they can break the streak of being one of the league’s most snake-bitten teams this year, there’s little reason to think that they aren’t a playoff caliber team, imho.

But, please enlighten me. Before you start, I know Aaron Rodgers is old, so you can skip that one. 

And really, “could be special or the wheels could come off,” probably applies to a solid 80-90% of the league. It’s hardly a hot take. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, slats said:

What, exactly, does this “ton of really big ?” entail? I mean, I’m not counting Lombardi Trophies before they’re hatched or anything, but the only big, massive, question mark I see for this team is health.

They have holes and questions marks at every position group on offense.

• You have one starting caliber T and he's 38 
  • You don't have a #2 WR - Garret Wilson and then very little that's going to scare anyone
  • What Breece Hall will be is a HUGE question mark, you then have two guys that were awful last year and late round draft pick
  • TE's - are mediocre at best
    6 hours ago, slats said:

And really, “could be special or the wheels could come off,” probably applies to a solid 80-90% of the league. It’s hardly a hot take. 

I mostly don't disagree.  Never said it was a hot take - said it was a fair one.  He had a small handful of teams 5 or 6 that he felt were top tier - (20% of 32 team is 6 or 7) then he had the Jets and Fish in the Special but concerns bucket.  I think that was fair.

Again, you want to think this team is loaded and in no need of help with only potential injuries holding them back - so be it.  I disagree.  I think this team, specifically the offense, has real concerns right now.

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I can say that about each and every one of the 6-8 or so teams favored to get to the SB.  
Can win it or not.  Way to go out on a limb.

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They have holes and questions marks at every position group on offense.

• You don't have a #2 WR - Garret Wilson and then very little that's going to scare anyone
  • What Breece Hall will be is a HUGE question mark, you then have two guys that were awful last year and late round draft pick

The WFAN fail, calling in because there isn’t a pro bowler at every position so the unit is garbage.  How about you compare their Jets to the Bills, the first obstacle.  Who are their RBs?  Singletary and his 800 yards? What do they have after Diggs at WR, Davis?  And we’re going to throw Sauce and Reed on them.  You think we have one T or one healthy tackle as far as you can tell.  I get it you think Becton healthy sucks.  Unfortunately for your argument, you’re wrong.  TEs, mediocre at best?  They’re workman like and certainly not mediocre at best.  
Then let’s do defense, especially go past the Bills, who do we trail?  
You’ll never be happy because with a cap it’s hard to field a team of pro bowlers, to not have a unit as good as others.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What if I told you, the Jets signed the reigning Super Bowl Champions #2 WR?  What if I asked you to name that teams starting RB? 

What if I told you the Jets signed the Green Bay Packers #1 WR from last season? 

What if I told you the Jets 2nd leading receiver last year in receptions, yards and TD's, was a TE who is returning to the team w/ maybe possibly sorta slightly better QB play? 

What if I told you that after Brown, the other T options on the team have over 100 collective starts? 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I can say that about each and every one of the 6-8 or so teams favored to get to the SB.  
Can win it or not.  Way to go out on a limb.

Nah.

KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Philly and SF are teams that, barring catastrophic injuries, are in no concern of falling apart.  These teams will most certainly be a SB threat all season.

You just can't say that about the Jets right now.  There's a difference.

Again, if some of you want to believe there are no holes or concerns on this team - so be it.  Honestly, good for you.  

It's a generally fair take, but I'm tired of hearing about the schedule.  If the team is a legit contender, it shouldn't matter what the schedule is.  You are supposed to beat good teams.  And if the Jets start 2-4 or 3-3 like it was suggested, I don't see that as an automatic sign that the wheels are coming off.  It very well may take some time for things to click before the team really puts it all together, and that's ok.  I am predicting a slow start and a strong finish and it has to do with the team building chemistry over the course of the season.

Also, another failed take regarding Rodgers and Hackett: "cross your fingers on that."  Do people not realize the last time these two were teamed up together as OC and QB1, Rodgers won back to back MVPs?  Why would a poor 1 year stint for Hackett as Broncos HC negate that?  Hackett is a big reason why Rodgers decided he wanted to come here.  He loves this system and has historically performed at an elite level in it.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

What if I told you, the Jets signed the reigning Super Bowl Champions #2 WR?  What if I asked you to name that teams starting RB? 

What if I told you the Jets signed the Green Bay Packers #1 WR from last season? 

What if I told you the Jets 2nd leading receiver last year in receptions, yards and TD's, was a TE who is returning to the team w/ maybe possibly sorta slightly better QB play? 

What if I told you that after Brown, the other T options on the team have over 100 collective starts? 

Once again.  If you look at this offense and see SB caliber talent capable of going toe to toe with the Chiefs, Bengals and Eagles... - then good for you.  I'm happy you feel that way.

I am sorry but barring everything falling the right way for them - I just don't see it right now.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah.

KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Philly and SF are teams that, barring catastrophic injuries, are in no concern of falling apart.  These teams will most certainly be a SB threat all season.

You just can't say that about the Jets right now.  There's a difference.

Again, if some of you want to believe there are no holes or concerns on this team - so be it.  Honestly, good for you.  

KC's offense is two guys.  Mahomes and Kelce.  Pacheco had a solid rookie season and may become the third star this year but if either Mahomes or Kelce get hurt, they are in real trouble.

BUF's offense is two guys.  Allena nd Diggs.  Either one gets hurt and their scoring drops to bottom-third of the league and are not a SB threat in any way.

CIN definitely has more talent with Burrow, Chase, Higgins and maybe Mixon (not so great last year).  But like the previous teams, they need Burrow and probably Chase healthy to compete.

SD probably has more than any of them with Herbert, Ekeler, Williams, and Keenan but they just can't seem to figure out how to win no matter who is playing.  

So the Jets, with Rodgers and Garrett Wilson, already have the same number of offensive stars as KC and BUF, with the reasonable likelihood that Breece Hall will get back being himself mid-season, adding a third.  They were highly competitive with Wilson and Hall and NO QB for half a season last year.  Only when they lost Hall did the wheels come off. 

I think you are letting your doom and gloom feelings about the Jets cloud your objectivity just a bit.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Once again.  If you look at this offense and see SB caliber talent capable of going toe to toe with the Chiefs, Bengals and Eagles... - then good for you.  I'm happy you feel that way.

I am sorry but barring everything falling the right way for them - I just don't see it right now.

It's not about "Super Bowl talent" - its about your nonsensical subjective criteria.  You cant even name the Chiefs starting RB let alone their #2 WR.  How you leverage talent to win varies from team to team and just like any team that has the talent, it's going to take "everything falling right for them" to win/get to the SB.  

Why didnt the Bengals, Bills, 49'ers get to the Super Bow?  Why didnt the Eagles win it?  Was it because of their #2 WR?  

• Upvote 1