Giants beat writer has a message for NY Jets fans (***All time low*** /8.3 QB Rating/ 0 TDs/2 INT, sacked 6 times)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It's not even worth arguing.  Dan Marino was the best QB, and he never won a superbowl.  If the Jets win the superbowl next year, then he can say whatever he wants.  Who cares?  I like Daniel Jones, I really do.  But for next year at least, I am happy we got Aaron Jones.

That Giant beat writer should be checked for drugs.   The Giants were morons give Daniel Jones that kind of contract .    He’s one of the worst Qb in the league .     A Rodgers might not be the games best Qb anymore, but still easily in top 10 of NFL Qbs.     That’s more than good enough to win with.  D Jones to even put him in A. Rodgers class is to Question if that beat writer should have a job. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers last year:

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Daniel Jones last year:

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

I feel you. Can you believe the Giants beat writer is using a 15 TD career year by DJ, as evidenced by your chart he threw for less than 190 yards/game!! What a joke!

• Upvote 3

Jones had a nice year and could very well continue to build on it.  But there's a bit too much hype out there for a QB who has consistently fallen below 7 YPA every year for 4 years and only thrown a total of 36 TDs over the last 3.

At some point you have to be able to win with your arm.  Especially since I can't see him being allowed to run it as often as he did last year (7.5 carries per game).  

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jones had a nice year and could very well continue to build on it.  But there's a bit too much hype out there for a QB who has consistently fallen below 7 YPA every year for 4 years and only thrown a total of 36 TDs over the last 3.

At some point you have to be able to win with your arm.  Especially since I can't see him being allowed to run it as often as he did last year (7.5 carries per game).  

Yeah but have you seen his thumbs? Legit! 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers last year:

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Daniel Jones last year:

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Jones' best year was worse than Rodgers' injury-riddled slump year. But yeah, Jones is better because, because....

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Jones' best year was worse than Rodgers' injury-riddled slump year. But yeah, Jones is better because, because....

He had 708 rushing yards and 7 rushing TD's with a YPA of 5.9.  He was more productive than Rodgers last year.  Jones is a very good QB who is just hitting his prime years.  

I would love to have him for the next 8 years than a 1 year all in rental of Rodgers.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He had 708 rushing yards and 7 rushing TD's with a YPA of 5.9.  He was more productive than Rodgers last year.  Jones is a very good QB who is just hitting his prime years.  

I would love to have him for the next 8 years than a 1 year all in rental of Rodgers.  

I have always defended Jones and felt he was underrated because of where he was drafted....he's now a 40 mil a year QB that will never live up to that contract.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, undertow said:

I have always defended Jones and felt he was underrated because of where he was drafted....he's now a 40 mil a year QB that will never live up to that contract.

Beause they made a deal they were able to use the tag on Barkley this year which was 10.1 million.  Less than his cap would be if they gave him a contract.  They got both Jones and Barkley for less than the tag on Jones would be this year in terms of cap space.

The cap is going up.  They believe in Jones.  He's in his prime.  It was the right move to get some continuity out of the program when the teams cap situation wasn't great.