McDonald, man of many moves

What gives me hope is he studies other pass rushers. He spoke about studying Maxx Crosby.  Good NFL rushers set up tackles by thinking 3 rushes ahead and the main key is hand fighting and synchronizing the footwork with the hands. That is technique. I remember watching Polite and he only had one move, run around the corner straight up and fly by the QB.  No hand fighting, no bend.  

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I thought this was about McCagnon resurfacing to sabotage another NFL team.  Thank God.

Id like to poison his coffee.

13 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

mike-maccagnan-aac2e258da3f2d26.thumb.jpg.214f8e60fc6d57a55b8b829f51d70020.jpg.4f60ddced816315e719a551821a9ed15.jpg

10 hours ago, nycdan said:

I thought we would get treated to more video of Mac Jones walking.

I don't understand. Did we all just suddenly forget the name of the guy we drafted in the first round? 

On 6/1/2023 at 3:43 PM, Larz said:

What gives me hope is he studies other pass rushers. He spoke about studying Maxx Crosby.  Good NFL rushers set up tackles by thinking 3 rushes ahead and the main key is hand fighting and synchronizing the footwork with the hands. That is technique. I remember watching Polite and he only had one move, run around the corner straight up and fly by the QB.  No hand fighting, no bend.  

He has elite lateral agility as evidenced by his three-cone. An elite measure in this drill is a commonality in approximately 80% of the top ten sack leaders each year. Guarantee of success, of course not.

• Upvote 3

On 6/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, Larz said:

Will McDonald has been making big plays in the BIG12 for a while. He has all sorts of moves, including a crazy Dwight Freeney-style spin he spends all game setting up.

And you're right. He has a plan. That's not usually how these guys operate.

The Jets have 3 Matt Campbell cyclones, and all are very legit: Breece Hall, Allan Lazard, Will McDonald 

For those who call me a troll - I'm giving JD (20-46) credit when it's due 

Prediction: the new 99 will outproduce JJ and Huff, this year. Maybe even Carl Lawson too. McD is a finisher. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Will McDonald has been making big plays in the BIG12 for a while. He has all sorts of moves, including a crazy Dwight Freeney-style spin he spends all game setting up.

And you're right. He has a plan. That's not usually how these guys operate.

The Jets have 3 Matt Campbell cyclones, and all are very legit: Breece Hall, Allan Lazard, Will McDonald 

For those who call me a troll - I'm giving JD (20-46) credit when it's due 

Prediction: the new 99 will outproduce JJ and Huff, this year. Maybe even Carl Lawson too. McD is a finisher. 

New York Jets Fan GIF

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jgb said:

He has elite lateral agility as evidenced by his three-cone. An elite measure in this drill is a commonality in approximately 80% of the top ten sack leaders each year. Guarantee of success, of course not.

Worth the risk of taking at 15? Of course not.

10 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Hard to say but would have just gone with BPA.  Perhaps CB Gonzalez  

I think that’s what they did, they just had a different conclusion. Positional value could have tipped it. 

• Upvote 2