Would you trade Quinnen Williams for Davante Adams

Would you trade Quinnen Williams for Davante Adams?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Quinnen Williams for Davante Adams

• Yes. Make it happen. Throw in Corey Davis and a draft pick too, if necessary
    • Yes - Straight up
    • No - Unless the Raiders throw in additional capital, to take on that contract
    • No - Would rather keep and extend Q and go with the WRs we have or pick up someone else

I would argue that Q is a very valuable asset on the defense. While Adams is a very good player and would really bolster the offense, there are other options and I really think it would be smarter to try and pull more draft capital out of the Raiders, which wouldn't happen. If the Jets want Adams they need to get him some other way.

• Upvote 2

Let’s just say I wouldn’t be upset if it happened. It’s an offensive league and our offense would become almost unstoppable.

But adams is 30 and Q is 25. Q has a lot more football left in him than adams. I’d like to hold on to Q. But if he’s looking for 30 mill a season (which I think is unreasonable) I’d be fine with trading him.

I think resigning Q and signing Hopkins would be a smarter move than trading Q for adams. Adams is the better wr right now but I still think Dhop is a 1000 yard wr.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We slightly reached on a rotational pass rusher and left the best wrs and tes on the draft board, they are not trading for adams.

This receiver class was hardly highly touted -the #1 guy is a slot receiver!- and first round TEs are always a dicey prospect. Three more defenders came off the board before the first WR this year, and “the next Travis Kelce” went ten picks later to an otherwise loaded team. 

I could still see them making a WR move, but it’s not going to include a centerpiece of their championship caliber defense. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Stupid trade.  This offense will be built around and through Breece Hall.

Play D, run ball.  Robert Saleh.

I agree that is how it should be drawn up… But it will all depend on our offensive line. Hackett’s system depends on a strong running game opening up the downfield passes. Also, when playing in the Northeast, you must have a dominant run game. November, December and January make it difficult on quarterbacks.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

No.

I really want Q signed to a good deal for both sides .. we are way better with him.

Stud WR additions fall into the wet dream category ... Awesome surprise and nice to have.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I agree that is how it should be drawn up… But it will all depend on our offensive line. Hackett’s system depends on a strong running game opening up the downfield passes. Also, when playing in the Northeast, you must have a dominant run game. November, December and January make it difficult on quarterbacks.

Top 3 teams in the AFC dont have superior run games

I think it’s important to have continuity on teams. Qwill has been here for four seasons and now knows salehs system.  About the only downside is he will be paid highly for a player that’s rotated in and out but as long as he gives 100% when he’s in then it’s okay.  Plus what kind of message does it send to the young players like sauce and hall.  It won’t be long before they will be renegotiating their contracts. Retaining qwill will give them hope.  As for trading for adams, it would certainly help the offense but this offense will run more than it seems at first glance.  Rodgers passes for good yardage but it’s not like he’s a 400 ypg qb.

• Upvote 2

No, outside the obvious why trade a 25 year old first team All Pro at a premium position for a 30 year old first team All Pro at a premium position?

In win now mode, losing Q would hurt our defense more than Adams would help our offense.

Q and Sauce are the Jets 2 anchors to an elite defense.  They make our pass rush / pass defense work in a passing league.  Neutralizing the other teams passing game is really no different than adding to our own.  

Beyond that, Q is the key cog to our run defense.  Losing him could open up a flood gate the last place you want it .. in the middle of our defense which could indirectly render our pass rush ineffective as we look to patch up the weak spot.

Rodgers, Garrett, Breece and AVT are our offensive anchors with a chance to make this offense elite.  Yes, Adams would likely get us over the top but there are probably some diminishing returns adding a 5th stud offensive player versus losing the dual engine that already makes your defense elite.

This team finally has the balance to beat any number of teams.  Running teams, passing teams, teams with elite defenses, teams that can shut down the pass.

Lets not upset the delicate ecosystem we finally have.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, heymangold said:

i don't think they brought in Aaron Rodgers to run the O through a RB coming off an ACL tear.

I don't think they brought in Aaron Rodgers so they should therefore trade away their best young defensive lineman (if not best defender outright) in an attempt to cover for his supposed inadequacies as a QB.

Adams is great (or more correctly, has been great until age 30) but the point of acquiring Rodgers is that fielding a legitimate WR1, WR2, and WR2-3 - each of whom can line up anywhere from slot to sideline - should suffice. 

The idea that Rodgers requires a second, expensive WR1 is baseless & this trade "idea" is so absurd it hardly requires a response (so naturally I'm contributing a few paragraphs). The very point - what makes him a great QB - is that multiple WR1s aren't needed. 

• Upvote 1

No way.

Adams is maybe three very expensive years of a WR2 who statistically is likely to drop off before the contract ends and become an extremely overpriced WR4. If he tries to prolong his career with more PEDs the team may not even get three full years out of him. 

Q has a lot of career left in the tank. Even if the Jets only give him one big contract it's likely the team can trade him or at very least take a comp pick out of losing him. I have mixed feelings about his contract with only one great year of play but even an average DT at 25 is a better value proposition. 

I get the team could use a better option at WR2 and not totally opposed to finding a way to make Adams work but this isn't it.