Jets Cornerback Trio is the best in the NFL (according to these stats)

Jetsxfactor did a nice analysis on individual players and the unit as a whole.  Sauce ranked #1, Reed, #6, and Carter II #20.  

The only thing missing was turnovers, which is where the Jets cornerbacks were on the lighter end.

But it's clear we have a disciplined group that is excellent against the pass &  preventing big plays (incl TDs).  The run defense was middle of the road, hurt by a down year from Reed but helped by Carter II with the 9th highest grade. 

There is a strong argument that Carter II is a top 3 slot CB in the league.  Sauce might be the league's best #1 CB while Reed is in the discussion for the best #2 CB.     

How good our 2023 defense is will likely come down to current question marks at Safeties & Linebackers., and injuries of course.  If there are question marks, safety and linebackers are where you want them.  Not corners, defensive tackles, or edge.

NFL-CB-Trios-2022

• Upvote 2

Let’s see here the Jets  trio Cbs rank this year playing the teams they do this year.   How many backup Qbs did the Jets defense face last year ?  Also how many teams top three Cbs trio were hurt  last year , where Jets trio stayed relative healthy?( that plays big hand in how these units do)      Also Jets offense was so bad last year why would opposing offense even take chances.     
The Jets secondary had chances to end games last year -  making a stop ( see lions game ) where was that Jet Cb trio than.

Not trying to disparage jets Cb’s S Gardner is one  of the best in the game.   Everyone can see that.   The Jets Cb trio ranks high after this year than I’m going to agree with your assessment, and give them their due.  

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Let’s see here the Jets  trio Cbs rank this year playing the teams they do this year.   How many backup Qbs did the Jets defense face last year ?  Also how many teams top three Cbs trio were hurt  last year , where Jets trio stayed relative healthy?( that plays big hand in how these units do)      Also Jets offense was so bad last year why would opposing offense even take chances.     
The Jets secondary had chances to end games last year -  making a stop ( see lions game ) where was that Jet Cb trio than.

Not trying to disparage jets Cb’s S Gardner is one  of the best in the game.   Everyone can see that.   The Jets Cb trio ranks high after this year than I’m going to agree with your assessment, and give them their due.  

Always for the naysayer... just give me one more year like that and I will believe... the next year comes and goes.... only if they did this then they would be the best...

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

It’s not my assessment, it’s based on some core metrics for the CB position outside of turnovers (which I called out should really be included).  The run metric is personal judgment, but as a group they are. It ranked high there.

Individual grades are all high and they all pass the eye test when watching them.

I would like to see more turnovers and clutch plays.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Hey remember when you called the 2022 Raiders a Super Bowl contender and then they went 6-11?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

---   8. Picky, picky: The coaches have issued a challenge to cornerback Sauce Gardner: Catch the ball.

The 2022 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year led the NFL with 20 passes defensed but recorded only two interceptions. He still made first-team All-Pro in what defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich called "an amazing year," but a few more picks would elevate Gardner to rarefied air.

rest of above article  >> https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/92009/why-jets-coach-robert-saleh-expects-aaron-rodgers-to-make-his-job-easier

Let's see which side the referees will lean on with Rodgers on the team. Also, Sauce has been blamed for holding--coaches like this scumbag

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

--will call out Sauce. In addition, this team was the only one that didn't receive a roughing the passer call; maybe Rodgers presence could change that.

The Lions score was to a TE who should probably have been covered by CJ Mosely.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, hokiejetfan92 said:

The secodary is awesome... too bad that > 10% of the cap is likely going to be tied up in QW... and the #facts say you can't win like that

At least we aren’t cheering for cap rollover dollars 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

At least we aren’t cheering for cap rollover dollars 

Of all the lows we experienced that is near the bottom. When we get excited about punting $ to next year as fans it is bad.