WR Mecole Hardman  

I am excited for this speed. Reminds me of Clyde Gates in Madden, where you just send him to run a post route and heave the ball up and Gates would torch the DB. Gates had horrible hands even in the game so he never caught it, but it reminds me of that.. but this time, Hardman has hands. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

This guy will be one of the major impact players for the Jets. Might be my favorite free agent signing 

..mine too         if Aaron can stay healthy / not get injured > he's gonna be very productive for us  😎

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He was an underachiever in KC.  He is fast but only sometimes does that translate to fast on the field.  He should contribute just due to his speed but I do not see him as a major game changing get.

Kind of hard to even be an achiever at kc with kelce and tyreek getting most of the attention. Last season hardman was injured but in previous seasons he made some really nice plays.

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was an underachiever in KC.  He is fast but only sometimes does that translate to fast on the field.  He should contribute just due to his speed but I do not see him as a major game changing get.

Im not sure he should be characterized as an under achiver.

Last 3 years he had 40, 59 and then was on pace for 52ish catches this season - plus made the pro bowl as a returner one year.  Not terrible for the 56th pick. 

51 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Kind of hard to even be an achiever at kc with kelce and tyreek getting most of the attention. Last season hardman was injured but in previous seasons he made some really nice plays.

true ^^          i'm hopin' he works good/well with Aaron        i think he will        i think he'll be a   " keeper "  😎

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

When tyreek left he was looked at as the heir apparent, kc thought so much of him they traded for kadarius toney.  His great speed just does not translate to tons of big plays.  He is not a terrible player and he for sure has upside but he did not seize the chance he had on kc.

1 hour ago, jtomm said:

true ^^          i'm hopin' he works good/well with Aaron        i think he will        i think he'll be a   " keeper "  😎

With AR, everyone will eat.  That’s what makes him great… he sees the vulnerability in the defensive alignment and then exploits that weakness.

customer service grover GIF

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He's as good as he is, not as good as Tyreek Hill was/is, and anyway teams need role players. A guy who takes the top off a defense, and then when they decide they don't need to put the safety help his way that's when his number gets called. He'll have a 70-yard game and then get more or less blanked for a few weeks, while handling returns & the occasional end-around to just move the chains & extend a drive; fine by me. 

Everybody isn't an all-or-nothing, Tyreek Hill or Stephen Hill.

I don't know what he'll be this season, but 800+ yards aren't needed to justify adding Hardman, Cobb, etc. If they're both in the 300-400 yd range, and make the occasional start when needed - in addition to Hardman's contributions on specials - they're worthwhile acquisitions. Neither was added to be a starting WR. 

Stephen Hill had a very good 1st game of his career!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Is @jtomm just Kelly's new SN... BTW is Kelly banned? @kelly

Yes, but not that Kelly, a different Kelly, that Kelly was a hairy balding biker dude that whimsically portrayed a twenty something blonde chick with a thing for romance and quirky boys. This Kelly is a twenty something whimsical blonde  chick playing a bald hairy biker dude with a pension for posting non-sensical  gifs and annoying the hell out of me. I checked the IP’s. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

When tyreek left he was looked at as the heir apparent, kc thought so much of him they traded for kadarius toney.  His great speed just does not translate to tons of big plays.  He is not a terrible player and he for sure has upside but he did not seize the chance he had on kc.

Yes but he was also injured and hard to see too many receivers filling tyreek’s shoes. On the jets he just needs to fill Moore and berrios shoes. Shouldn’t be too hard to do.

Hardman was underwhelming in KC to say the least. I like his speed but he’s a gadget/ gimmicky wr. He will never be a 1000 yard guy. For someone as fast as he is he doesn’t get a lot of separation and isn’t a great route runner. I see a lot of screens and sweeps from him. Try to get him the ball in space. 5-600 yard wr at best. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He's as good as he is, not as good as Tyreek Hill was/is, and anyway teams need role players. A guy who takes the top off a defense, and then when they decide they don't need to put the safety help his way that's when his number gets called. He'll have a 70-yard game and then get more or less blanked for a few weeks, while handling returns & the occasional end-around to just move the chains & extend a drive; fine by me. 

Everybody isn't an all-or-nothing, Tyreek Hill or Stephen Hill.

I don't know what he'll be this season, but 800+ yards aren't needed to justify adding Hardman, Cobb, etc. If they're both in the 300-400 yd range, and make the occasional start when needed - in addition to Hardman's contributions on specials - they're worthwhile acquisitions. Neither was added to be a starting WR. 

85253561-5832-4ADF-A2C1-02B29E883B05.gif.32e8f2e93cb0a109827290ca50111465.gif

8 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Hardman was underwhelming in KC to say the least. I like his speed but he’s a gadget/ gimmicky wr. He will never be a 1000 yard guy. For someone as fast as he is he doesn’t get a lot of separation and isn’t a great route runner. I see a lot of screens and sweeps from him. Try to get him the ball in space. 5-600 yard wr at best. 

If the jets get 600yds as a WR plus running yards that’s a major impact for this offense. I don’t think anyone is claiming 1000 yds receiving. Plus there is potential punt return yardage. He’s going to be a valuable piece even as a decoy in this offense. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

If the jets get 600yds as a WR plus running yards that’s a major impact for this offense. I don’t think anyone is claiming 1000 yds receiving. Plus there is potential punt return yardage. He’s going to be a valuable piece even as a decoy in this offense. 

In KC, he was averaging 600 yards and 30 first downs a year. For a guy who’s probably going to be the fourth or fifth option behind Wilson, Lazard, Conklin (Ruckert?), and maybe Breece, that would be somewhat impactful. Especially if he’s contributing in the return game as well. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2023 at 1:27 PM, rangerous said:

He wasn’t injured the first half of the season. He’s good as a 4th WR. He was picking it up before he got hurt but still inconsistent.