NY Jets haters fear the worst

i don't know about Teddy Two gloves being the same but at a certain point everyone will look at the TV (or down at the field, if they are in MetLife) and realize "oh sh*t, This guy number 8 isn't the same as he was 10 years ago"

speaking of number 8's the Browns are feeding Elijah Moore like his name was 2022 Garrett Wilson 

from the Athletic: Browns OTA Observations

These are still mostly instruction-based practices with no contact allowed and 7-on-7s as the only competitive periods. Still, from a second viewing, it’s clear the Browns are stressing three things: fast tempo, an attacking mindset on defense and feeding wide receiver Elijah Moore.

Moore was frequently targeted by Deshaun Watson throughout the practice, mostly on quick passes. Their best connection of the day came in a red-zone 7-on-7 period for a touchdown as Moore used a double move and turned to see the ball delivered right where he wanted it..

https://theathletic.com/4570953/2023/06/01/browns-ota-observations-elijah-moore-jim-schwartz/

• Thumb Down 7
  • More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i don't know about Teddy Two gloves being the same but at a certain point everyone will look at the TV (or down at the field, if they are in MetLife) and realize "oh sh*t, This guy number 8 isn't the same as he was 10 years ago"

speaking of number 8's the Browns are feeding Elijah Moore like his name was 2022 Garrett Wilson 

from the Athletic: Browns OTA Observations

Elijah Moore is literally the definition of a guy that looks great in 7 on 7s and shorts and tees.  Fast and small.  He should perk up with Watson delivering the ball, but he has gotten dinged a bunch and having guys really get physical with him is probably his main issue.  Besides, feeding him a ton now will get his hopes up and he will probably freak out the first time he only sees two targets in a game.

• Upvote 4

Teddy B is "perfectly acceptable" for a team that desires mediocrity and a likely continuation of the no playoffs streak.

Do these people even read and self-analyze their nonsense before publishing it?  There is a reason Teddy is still unemployed.  He's a backup quarterback at this stage of his career.  Rodgers is an all-time great quarterback one year removed from back to back MVPs.  While he's past his prime at this stage, he's still in the upper tier of NFL quarterbacks.  There is simply no comparison.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Jet haters are so prevalent because the Florham Park cult can never seem to STFU and go out and win games. They walk around spewing nonsense and actually believe it, for example, last season telling the world Zach Wilson is a quality starting NFL QB. Or constantly telling the world how good they are while finishing seasons 5-11, and last 7-10, and that makes everyone on the outside laugh. I guran-f****ng-tee that if they shut their pie holes, went out and won a division, they would garner all of the respect and adulation that they feel they are entitled to. I can totally understand everyone on the outside being skeptical of the AR trade etc. because as a 50 yearlong Jet fan, I am as well. While they might be able to score more points with AR, they still always have trouble getting off of the field on 3rd down on defense and creating turnovers as well. The Jet defense was vastly overrated last season and I expect them to have the same problems this season, maybe even more problems if they cannot sign QW as he will loaf it without a contract. Add in the lost players on the DL and I see a weaker defense overall.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

So we are finally close to breaking the curse of ineptitude and incompetence;  haters are extremely worried. 

Well, two simple words for all the ass clowns, bite me.

Barnwell is an example when analytics go wrong.  Sure, Tedy could be effective, but going to Arrowhead for an AFC Championship game, who do you want?

I honestly hope A-A-Ron is everything he has been in the past and brings the faithful a title.  

Let's be honest.  Us 'haters' would be more worried if you had an A-A-Ron in his prime.  This run is a two to three year run before cap management becomes fun.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Elijah Moore is literally the definition of a guy that looks great in 7 on 7s and shorts and tees.  Fast and small.  He should perk up with Watson delivering the ball, but he has gotten dinged a bunch and having guys really get physical with him is probably his main issue.  Besides, feeding him a ton now will get his hopes up and he will probably freak out the first time he only sees two targets in a game.

All this hate for a solid young player.  He was not alone in complaining.  Mims did first and Wilson made demonstrative moves, with his hands in the air in exasperation, regularly.  You see it if you are at the games.  Zach was terrible and everyone was disappointed.

Moore was a fine receiver whenever Zach wasn't playing,  Films showed he was often open but never targeted.  LaFleur didn't like him and Zach never got to him as a third read.  Our OC put him on the field. 2 consecutive games, with no intention of targeting him.  We lost some close games in there.  Maybe if he played 11 on 11, we might have won one or two of those.  He certainly made a conscious decision to reduce our chances of winning.  That's part of why they fired him despite being so close to Saleh.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Jet haters are so prevalent because the Florham Park cult can never seem to STFU and go out and win games. They walk around spewing nonsense and actually believe it, for example, last season telling the world Zach Wilson is a quality starting NFL QB. Or constantly telling the world how good they are while finishing seasons 5-11, and last 7-10, and that makes everyone on the outside laugh. I guran-f****ng-tee that if they shut their pie holes, went out and won a division, they would garner all of the respect and adulation that they feel they are entitled to. I can totally understand everyone on the outside being skeptical of the AR trade etc. because as a 50 yearlong Jet fan, I am as well. While they might be able to score more points with AR, they still always have trouble getting off of the field on 3rd down on defense and creating turnovers as well. The Jet defense was vastly overrated last season and I expect them to have the same problems this season, maybe even more problems if they cannot sign QW as he will loaf it without a contract. Add in the lost players on the DL and I see a weaker defense overall.

People from New Jersey being quiet, lmao

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

All this hate for a solid young player.  He was not alone in complaining.  Mims did first and Wilson made demonstrative moves, with his hands in the air in exasperation, regularly.  You see it if you are at the games.  Zach was terrible and everyone was disappointed

I'm not sure what your point is here - Moore complained about the OC, not Zach Wilson. 

43 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Moore was a fine receiver whenever Zach wasn't playing,  

Moore did very little regardless of who the QB was last year. Garrett Wilson put up the best rookie season from any WR in franchise history with the exact same QBs Moore had. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Flashlite80 said:

All this hate for a solid young player.  He was not alone in complaining.  Mims did first and Wilson made demonstrative moves, with his hands in the air in exasperation, regularly.  You see it if you are at the games.  Zach was terrible and everyone was disappointed.

Moore was a fine receiver whenever Zach wasn't playing,  Films showed he was often open but never targeted.  LaFleur didn't like him and Zach never got to him as a third read.  Our OC put him on the field. 2 consecutive games, with no intention of targeting him.  We lost some close games in there.  Maybe if he played 11 on 11, we might have won one or two of those.  He certainly made a conscious decision to reduce our chances of winning.  That's part of why they fired him despite being so close to Saleh.

What hate?  I think I said that Moore would have an uptick with Watson.  I think Moore should at least be an okay WR.  Much like Kadarius Toney, who the Chiefs are currently touting as a #1.  It doesn't change the fact that small fast guys always look better in 7 on 7s and before they put the pads on.  It's simply the nature of the beast.  

While Bridgewater is ridiculous.  

The reality is, if the Jets don't (IMO) get to at least an AFC Championship game, this trade will be a full on disaster.  When you could have gotten Carr for no picks and half the salary...

And given yourself a window to find your next QB.

Rodgers is here now and it's exciting but there's surely a question on how this will work out.   It was a roll of the dice, that we all hope pays off.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If Belichick sent two first rounders to the Packers for Rodgers, it would be celebrated in every corner of NFL media and the narrative would be about two old legends going into battle one last time trying to chase a ring. The Barnwell/Kimes/Nate Tice/Bill Simmons set would be flooding the airwaves with nonsense about how the Pats are going to challenge Kansas City for NFL supremacy, and what a great story it is that Belichick and Aaron are taking this all-in ride to glory together. 

I’m just going to keep this one at the top of the old camera roll

IMG_7608.jpeg.f1560084459cbcf0965f340a22ca9bd8.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 6/2/2023 at 9:51 PM, FidelioJet said:

While Bridgewater is ridiculous.  

The reality is, if the Jets don't (IMO) get to at least an AFC Championship game, this trade will be a full on disaster.  When you could have gotten Carr for no picks and half the salary...

And given yourself a window to find your next QB.

Rodgers is here now and it's exciting but there's surely a question on how this will work out.   It was a roll of the dice, that we all hope pays off.

I disagree. The Jets are now going to be a fun team to watch and will likely make the playoffs year one and fight for the division and get prime time games. The following year the same or better. There are two pieces to the equation. If Zach develops or not. If he does it was well worth the price as we fix our own QB and hit the ground running after Arod leaves. I surprised so many people on this forum can't comprehend this. They wanted Rodgers to win now AND to save Zach. The insiders (beat writers) mention this. If he doesn't develop the deal isn't as sweet as we're in deep sh*t after Arod leaves.