NY Jets haters fear the worst

On 6/2/2023 at 11:20 AM, Bronx said:

So we are finally close to breaking the curse of ineptitude and incompetence;  haters are extremely worried. 

Well, two simple words for all the ass clowns, bite me.

In all fairness the jets have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory for so many seasons that it’s hard to think this season will be any different.  I’m from Missouri as the saying goes. True enough the jets are miles from where they were a few seasons ago but they still need to play (and win) the games. As for signing Bridgewater instead of Rodgers, that’s just a pretty stupid notion. It’s going to cost some serious money but in the nfl if you don’t spend it your team fails. And I’m sure Douglas has a good idea about the future cap implications.

9 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I'm sure Teddy is just aching to sign with the Jets, again.

Why not?  Totally different regime than the one that traded him away last time.  

And it's not like he has tons of options at the moment.  At least half the teams in the league are fully settled at the QB2 spot.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And it's not like he has tons of options at the moment.  At least half the teams in the league are fully settled at the QB2 spot.

Detroit offered him QB2 about a month ago. I think he’s hoping a camp injury gets him another chance to start 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I disagree. The Jets are now going to be a fun team to watch and will likely make the playoffs year one and fight for the division and get prime time games. The following year the same or better. There are two pieces to the equation. If Zach develops or not. If he does it was well worth the price as we fix our own QB and hit the ground running after Arod leaves. I surprised so many people on this forum can't comprehend this. They wanted Rodgers to win now AND to save Zach. The insiders (beat writers) mention this. If he doesn't develop the deal isn't as sweet as we're in deep sh*t after Arod leaves.

We’d be in deep sh*t without Rodgers only right now instead of — hypothetically — later. Zach is not part of the equation.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

We’d be in deep sh*t without Rodgers only right now instead of — hypothetically — later. Zach is not part of the equation.

And meanwhile Aaron Rodgers can't "fix" Zach Wilson any more than someone attempting to restore a blind man's sight.

And last I checked, Aaron Rodgers isn't Jesus.  I don't think.....

E0o-PgDXIAEU_DG.jpg:large

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, slimjasi said:

I'm not sure what your point is here - Moore complained about the OC, not Zach Wilson. 

Moore did very little regardless of who the QB was last year. Garrett Wilson put up the best rookie season from any WR in franchise history with the exact same QBs Moore had. 

Spot on.

If he had watched the games, he' d have seen the same number 8 loafing and quitting on routes where he didn't think he would see the ball.  In the 2 years of watching him I never saw him come down with a 50/50 ball either.  

He may be talented, but didn't show it last year and he isnt a team first player to be complaining about his role when the team was winning.  

I'm glad that Cleveland valued him enough to trade for him.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2023 at 9:33 PM, jgb said:

Except the coach, GM and the beat writers with inside info say it absolutely is. You don't cast off talented young players just because they aren't there yet. Fans feelings on Zach don't effect the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Except the coach, GM and the beat writers with inside info say it absolutely is. You don't cast off talented young players just because they aren't there yet. Fans feelings on Zach don't effect the coaching staff.

There’s a difference between “not casting off” a guy and entrusting him to be the QB2.  The Jets can easily do the former without doing the latter.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s a difference between “not casting off” a guy and entrusting him to be the QB2.  The Jets can easily do the former without doing the latter.  

What he said. We are mixing concepts. Zach is not part of the Jets equation this year or likely next (you don't pay someone $100 million to play if he is) -- it's to be in the background and hopefully learn a thing or two. Then why oh why put him a concussion away from the lineup? If he needs a reset, going in cold Q4 up in Buffalo with a playoff berth on the line, is not going to be good for him.

I can see it now if the above happens -- all his defenders will then immediately switch positions and say "by not having another Plan B, they put Zach into a terrible situation and imploded their entire plan to have him learn and reset him." Just like they said when the scandalous Jets expected their #2 overall pick to *gasp* play football right away. Get a steady JAG vet to not have to blow up the rehab plan by tossing him into a potentially uber stressful situation and do a reset correctly. It's the best thing for Zach.

I can't imagine why Zach's defenders don't agree. All I can come up with is that they just don't want to see him take another step down the depth chart and be hypothetically further away from proving them right on a messageboard. If I'm wrong, tell me. I'd love to hear how people can both adamantly believe Zach has hidden FQB potential that needs to be unlocked by a reset but then simultaneously believe he should go into the game if Rodgers pulls a hammy before said reset has been attempted. Makes no sense.

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/4/2023 at 7:09 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

All true, but he'd find himself once again on the Jets behind other guys the team has a substantial investment in. (I think he (TB) tweeted during SD's first pass/INT-TD in a petty kind of manner meaning he was annoyed about it) Unless ZW is totally sh*t in the eyes of the team Teddy knows he'd be the odd man out again. Of course that probably wouldn't stop me if I were in his place from taking the opportunity to cash a few more large checks if I could for a few weeks or months. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2023 at 9:46 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

And meanwhile Aaron Rodgers can't "fix" Zach Wilson any more than someone attempting to restore a blind man's sight.

And last I checked, Aaron Rodgers isn't Jesus.  I don't think.....

E0o-PgDXIAEU_DG.jpg:large

I got you beat brother...

20230606_171458.thumb.jpg.5febdf3f2e43e020a9c2e7ca12a5f662.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

All true, but he'd find himself once again on the Jets behind other guys the team has a substantial investment in. (I think he (TB) tweeted during SD's first pass/INT-TD in a petty kind of manner meaning he was annoyed about it) Unless ZW is totally sh*t in the eyes of the team Teddy knows he'd be the odd man out again. Of course that probably wouldn't stop me if I were in his place from taking the opportunity to cash a few more large checks if I could for a few weeks or months. 

Should've locked one of these uninspiring but competent vets in before getting Rodgers. But the Jets were concerned with optics of doing that and what it would mean for Zachery.

ZW is and will be QB2 .. that is all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 6/2/2023 at 11:50 AM, bitonti said:

i don't know about Teddy Two gloves being the same but at a certain point everyone will look at the TV (or down at the field, if they are in MetLife) and realize "oh sh*t, This guy number 8 isn't the same as he was 10 years ago"

speaking of number 8's the Browns are feeding Elijah Moore like his name was 2022 Garrett Wilson 

from the Athletic: Browns OTA Observations

Sad Let Me Out GIF

record player spinning GIF by Red Bull

I’ll be fine with the Rodgers of 2 & 3 years ago when he was the leagues MVP.  

22 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

The coaching staff benched Zach Wilson and let a visibly broken Mike White and Chris Streveler play quarterback in must-win situations over him. The GM just pushed every one of his remaining chips in on Aaron Rodgers. This is year three for Zach Wilson. If they thought he could play, he’d be playing. 

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Not signing nick foles is negligence at this point

Correct. Or Teddy. Or Matt Ryan. Or Wentz. Or someone with some competent tape on file.

But this is the Jets and they seem committed to Sunken Cost Wilson so they’d probably pull Flacco off the couch if Rodgers gets injured and try to sell it as “he knows the system.” Oh wait, that won’t even work. We have a new system this year. I guess they’ll say Zach is comfortable with him, or whatever.  Then Zach will Zach for 6 quarters as the nominal starter before being yanked and Flacco — the most disinterested human in sport — will be (again) the starting quarterback of the NYJ.

Honestly though if given the choice between the two I’d much prefer Flacco as the QB2 going into the season. We could also set a record of first QB1-2 with an aggregate age above 80, so there is that as upside.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Riddle me this: Saleh said last year that Flacco "is still a starter in this league." Then he benched Wilson, demonstrating beyond dispute that he doesn't view Wilson as a starter in this league. Yet, Wilson is our QB2 and Flacco is at home getting heckled by his kids, or whatever.

It's not rocket surgery. If a guy is assessed as so awful a team has to pony up a first-rounder and some change plus $100 million to get Rodgers for 1/2 years, why the heck haven't we brought in a cheap vet who isn't so atrocious? We're trying to win a ring here, not play build-a-boy's confidence back up. Get a guy in who can play, redshirt Wilson, and do a proper "reset." Just six months ago the first "reset" was blown up by MW's injury. We all know as sure as rain on a camping trip that if Zach is forced in his defenders (who currently violently hate the idea of bringing in a JAG vet) will use the "interruption of the reset" as the next excuse why he stinks it up.

This team, I swear. They never learn.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The coaching staff benched Zach Wilson and let a visibly broken Mike White and Chris Streveler play quarterback in must-win situations over him. The GM just pushed every one of his remaining chips in on Aaron Rodgers. This is year three for Zach Wilson. If they thought he could play, he’d be playing. 

I do believe they think he can play but that he is raw and needs developing. We'll see. It's for sure in our best interest if he turns into a solid QB.

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2023 at 11:09 AM, #27TheDominator said:

So they made him a day 1 starter?  Makes perfect sense. 

It actually does - they didn't have a QB they would rather start on the roster and would rather see what they had in Zach. It was a bad idea, but easy to see why they would do it. They weren't going to win and wanted him to learn on the job.