Who is the best player on the jets

Who is the best player on the jets   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best player on the jets?

25 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Sauce or Q.  G Wilson could make a leap into the conversation this season.  

This is where I’m at, and I can’t decide. The beauty of it is that they compliment and improve each other’s play perfectly. It’s no surprise Q’s breakout year comes when the secondary finally gets fixed. 

• Upvote 4

Last time I looked, Rodgers is the only 1st ballot HOFer we have.

Take him out, it's Q but Sauce is gaining and has higher upside. Both are special Ring of Honor quality, Era defining players. Wilson may be as well.

This is the most talented young team in Jets history.

Extend JD!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, undertow said:

Hall is a stud and had the biggest impact on the team last year...when he got hurt the offense fell apart hopefully he comes back 100 percent this year.

It was a bad loss. Carter and Knight were not in the same class. But don't underestimate the loss of AVT last year. That totally screwed up the OL for the rest of the year and that directly impacted Zach Wilson, who was struggling before that. Just awful luck with both.

• Upvote 2

1. Sauce. Arguably the best player at his position.

2. Q. Same as above. Except there’s a lot more guys in the conversation and there cases are all legit.

3. Rodgers. His legacy has him at 1. But he’s 39. Being a QB though he has the biggest impact of this team, even at 39. So his importance could have him 1. But from being dominant at his position currently… I have sauce and Q ahead of him.

4. AVT. A healthy AVT is arguably the best OG in the league.

5. GW. I think he enters the top WR talks in the nfl this year. I see him putting up a top 5-10 WR type numbers this year.

6. Breece. Based on skill I’d have him higher. But his sample size is too small for me to have him too high. A healthy Breece is a top 5 RB in the league imo.

7. Reed. Easy to overlook that he’s a top 10 guy at his position as well.

8. Mosley. Leader and makes plays. His smarts are underrated.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

1. Sauce. Arguably the best player at his position.

2. Q. Same as above. Except there’s a lot more guys in the conversation and there cases are all legit.

3. Rodgers. His legacy has him at 1. But he’s 39. Being a QB though he has the biggest impact of this team, even at 39. So his importance could have him 1. But from being dominant at his position currently… I have sauce and Q ahead of him.

4. AVT. A healthy AVT is arguably the best OG in the league.

5. GW. I think he enters the top WR talks in the nfl this year. I see him putting up a top 5-10 WR type numbers this year.

6. Breece. Based on skill I’d have him higher. But his sample size is too small for me to have him too high. A healthy Breece is a top 5 RB in the league imo.

7. Reed. Easy to overlook that he’s a top 10 guy at his position as well.

8. Mosley. Leader and makes plays. His smarts is underrated.

This board has a lot of healthy (and not so healthy) debates and is made up of half glass full, neutral, and half glass empty fans.  Those who constantly look back at our failures and those who want to look forward at some success.

BUT I cannot see how any Jets fan can read this list and not be excited about the talent on this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would argue #8 is a reach and replace him with Michael Carter II who is arguably a top 3 slot corner (ranked roughly top 20 overall corner by 2 analysis I have seen so far).

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

It was a bad loss. Carter and Knight were not in the same class. But don't underestimate the loss of AVT last year. That totally screwed up the OL for the rest of the year and that directly impacted Zach Wilson, who was struggling before that. Just awful luck with both.

It’s great to have a RB that can’t be replaced without noticing.  There is talent all over the roster.  Rodgers leadership is going to help unlock it.  

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Breece Hall.  What he did when he starting getting carries last year was uncanny.  Guy had like a 60 yard play every game.

Great thing is, you can make a case for a bunch of guys.  We have alot of great players.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

My only concern, outside of assuming he recovers fully from the injury, is that the rushing scheme was lights out for him last year.  It was the Shanahan system from the 49ers that had plug-and-play guys rushing for 1,000 yard seasons.  Clearly a guy like Breece in that system takes it well beyond that potential.  Will Hackett run largely the same scheme?  I believe so, but we had really only gotten a glimpse of what a great scheme (in its second season) can do with an exceptional running back in it.

EDIT:  One other thought.  And let's allow ourselves to be optimistic for once about "what if things actually go really well."  If Joe Tippmann steps in and wins the starting Center job, Becton stays healthy (and starts at either RT or LT), and Breece gets back to form then it is absolutely conceivable the Jets could put defenses in the no-win situation of having to load the box to stop an elite running game and daring Aaron fricken Rodgers to beat them with guys like Garrett Wilson, Lazard, Mecole Hartman getting one-on-one coverage.

• Upvote 1

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

and this is why I didn't vote.

Career wise sure.  Not a conversation.  But he’s 39.   Still amazing to have hIm and I think he can still be a a very high end QB.  It’s the most important position so I can see taking that fact and shutting it down.  

But there are 2 guys who you can argue are the best in their position on defense.  

After Q decided he was pissed they were blitzing he himself started wrecking offenses but he became a DL leader demanding everyone step it up.   And it worked.   One guy changed it all.  

Sauces impact is more steady.   I don’t think teams will count on the WR getting open who he is covering.  That’s huge as well.  

• Upvote 2