Happy Birthday Bleedin Green

@Green Ghost @southparkcpa

Went down to Hammock Beach Resort and played the Ocean Course (Jack design) and The Conservatory (Watson design).  Ocean course is gorgeous, resort style, not a bad blade of grass on the course, no rough, just perfection.  Lots of water but fair.  Greens rolled perfect.  Shot an 81.  Next day headed over to The Conservatory, 30-40 mph gusts and that course is already very long and very hard and I got my ass beat.  lol  shot a 91 and it wasnt because I was playing bad...the wind was brutal, I was damn near driver to 3 wood on like 60% of the holes.  Brutal day but one of the best courses I've ever played.  The holes designs are unreal and you're just out in the middle of nowhere.  Highly recommend it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

@Green Ghost @southparkcpa

Went down to Hammock Beach Resort and played the Ocean Course (Jack design) and The Conservatory (Watson design).  Ocean course is gorgeous, resort style, not a bad blade of grass on the course, no rough, just perfection.  Lots of water but fair.  Greens rolled perfect.  Shot an 81.  Next day headed over to The Conservatory, 30-40 mph gusts and that course is already very long and very hard and I got my ass beat.  lol  shot a 91 and it wasnt because I was playing bad...the wind was brutal, I was damn near driver to 3 wood on like 60% of the holes.  Brutal day but one of the best courses I've ever played.  The holes designs are unreal and you're just out in the middle of nowhere.  Highly recommend it. 

Never heard of it.   I'm gonna look into going for say 3 days. Thanks for the share.   Would it be good for a golf trip of say 6 guys. We normally do Pinehurst.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Never heard of it.   I'm gonna look into going for say 3 days. Thanks for the share.   Would it be good for a golf trip of say 6 guys. We normally do Pinehurst.

Yes. 100%.  The resort property is awesome, the rooms are a bit outdated but still nice.  Great restaurants and bars, pool/beach side service, all sorts of side activities, gorgeous views, etc.  The thing I forgot to mention, there are 5 holes on the ocean, which is I think is the most in the state, so it is expensive though, so just a heads up.  The Ocean Course runs $300+ during peak season, 200's during offseason.  Ironically, I think The Conservatory which I think is better is cheaper, max rate 180$ in peak season.  It's more of a championship style course, rolling hills, out on a sanctuary, some of the best designed holes I've ever seen, just incredible.   Lots to do in the area too if you wanted to take a break from golf, some awesome fishing, ocean sport options around.  Or if you just wanted to play as much as you can, you're very close to St. Aug/Daytona so you have access to a bunch of good courses too; like 30 minutes from all the LPGA courses and the World Golf HOF courses and if you wanted to get crazy it's only about an hour from Sawgrass and then there are some hidden gems public courses I could turn you onto that are really nice.

• Upvote 2

The bottom 3 are The Conservatory, top are the Ocean course, I hit a good shot on the Par 3.  Missed the putt but that hole was playing hard.  20 mph wind coming off the ocean, playing 165.  Had to hit a full hybrid 4 to get there.  That is the thing about the ocean holes, if the wind is up, those holes play really hard. 

When we played The Conservatory the handi index was saying a scratch golfer would shoot a 76.  Lol  It’s a challenging long course as is then add the wind, wow, I want it again in more stable conditions.