..Blind side

4. Blind side : Duane Brown, still not practicing after having rotator-cuff surgery at the end of the season, was noncommittal on whether he will be cleared for the start of training camp. This creates another layer of intrigue at the all-important left tackle position. If he isn't ready, it could open the door for Mekhi Becton. He, too, is rehabbing from surgery (right knee, last August), but he's ahead of Brown and expected to be ready for camp.

Becton has made it clear he wants to play left tackle, not right tackle. Brown has played left tackle his entire career -- 15 seasons, 215 starts -- and doesn't sound interested in flipping to the right side."It's not something I've practiced over the years," he said, diplomatically. "Not to say I can't do it, but I've been solidified [at left tackle] for a while."

At this week's open practice, Adam Pankey and Max Mitchell were the left and right tackles, respectively. Fourth-round pick Carter Warren isn't practicing because of a knee injury from college.

rest of above article  >> https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/92009/why-jets-coach-robert-saleh-expects-aaron-rodgers-to-make-his-job-easier

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, jtomm said:

4. Blind side : Duane Brown, still not practicing after having rotator-cuff surgery at the end of the season, was noncommittal on whether he will be cleared for the start of training camp. This creates another layer of intrigue at the all-important left tackle position. If he isn't ready, it could open the door for Mekhi Becton. He, too, is rehabbing from surgery (right knee, last August), but he's ahead of Brown and expected to be ready for camp.

Becton has made it clear he wants to play left tackle, not right tackle. Brown has played left tackle his entire career -- 15 seasons, 215 starts -- and doesn't sound interested in flipping to the right side."It's not something I've practiced over the years," he said, diplomatically. "Not to say I can't do it, but I've been solidified [at left tackle] for a while."

At this week's open practice, Adam Pankey and Max Mitchell were the left and right tackles, respectively. Fourth-round pick Carter Warren isn't practicing because of a knee injury from college.

rest of above article  >> https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/92009/why-jets-coach-robert-saleh-expects-aaron-rodgers-to-make-his-job-easier

So your saying that our left tackle spot is all secured and we have backups and are ready to roll and to protect Aaron Rodgers - great news.

Now its time to go bang my head against the wall a few more times!

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Nice thread title OP.  Loved that movie.

Also I had no idea our 4th round OT was not on the field due to a knee. :( I can't believe we're now counting on Becton.  Three gimps at LT, holy cow! 

It’s pretty scary, but it’s also not august yet 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

The risk factor in our OL is obviously huge. And, yes, we could see the season slip away if the injury bug hits us again.

Right now, we have to hope Jets management knows what it’s doing. I think JD and Saleh deserve the benefit of doubt on this. And I think AR didn’t sign with the Jets without taking a hard look at our OL. 

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Nice thread title OP.  Loved that movie.

Also I had no idea our 4th round OT was not on the field due to a knee. :( I can't believe we're now counting on Becton.  Three gimps at LT, holy cow! 

62f7c6f4c714ddd3643d0921b2f4383a.jpg

• Sympathy 1