2023 NCAA Baseball Tournament

I know most casual college baseball folks don't tend to follow along until we get to Omaha, but anyone following the Regionals?  It's mayhem this year:

• 5 national-seeded Regional host teams (# 4 Clemson, # 6 Vanderbilt, # 9 Miami, # 11 Oklahoma St, # 13 Auburn) have already been eliminated
  • 5 others (# 2 Florida, # 3 Arkansas, # 8 Stanford, # 10 Coastal Carolina, # 12 Kentucky) have 1 loss 
  • The only Regional hosts to advance to the Supers so far are # 1 Wake Forest, # 7 Virginia, # 14 Indiana St. and # 15 South Carolina
  • Penn (lowest-seeded team in the Auburn Regional) is 1 win away from the Supers, where they'd face Tennessee (winner of the Clemson Regional)
  • Oral Roberts (lowest-seeded team in the Stillwater Regional) is 1 win away from the Supers as well
  • If Texas A&M knocks off 1-loss # 8 Stanford, they'll face Texas (who eliminated # 9 Miami) in the Supers

NOTE:  Penn and/or Oral Roberts advancing would be the equivalent of a # 13-16 seed reaching the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

@JiF or anyone else following the tournament?

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know most casual college baseball folks don't tend to follow along until we get to Omaha, but anyone following the Regionals?  It's mayhem this year:

• 5 national-seeded Regional host teams (# 4 Clemson, # 6 Vanderbilt, # 9 Miami, # 11 Oklahoma St, # 13 Auburn) have already been eliminated
  • 5 others (# 2 Florida, # 3 Arkansas, # 8 Stanford, # 10 Coastal Carolina, # 12 Kentucky) have 1 loss 
  • The only Regional hosts to advance to the Supers so far are # 1 Wake Forest, # 7 Virginia, # 14 Indiana St. and # 15 South Carolina
  • Penn (lowest-seeded team in the Auburn Regional) is 1 win away from the Supers, where they'd face Tennessee (winner of the Clemson Regional)
  • Oral Roberts (lowest-seeded team in the Stillwater Regional) is 1 win away from the Supers as well
  • If Texas A&M knocks off 1-loss # 8 Stanford, they'll face Texas (who eliminated # 9 Miami) in the Supers

NOTE:  Penn and/or Oral Roberts advancing would be the equivalent of a # 13-16 seed reaching the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

@JiF or anyone else following the tournament?

Yes, I'm following.  It's been bonkers.   Gators are in the elimination game today at Noon.   Texas Tech.  They've been playing well and the bats have been strong so hoping to see them advance today,  We just won the Nat'y in golf both team and individual, so I'm hoping for another run from the Baseball team since the Football and Basketball programs have been sunk to the bottom of the swamp never to return to glory.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Gators got confused and thought they were playing football tonight with that final score, lol.

Thinly veiled insult at the Gators Football teams' offense woes?  Ok, i see you...truth be told, I've texted at least 20 friends that they score more points then the Football team but I'm allowed to! 

• Haha 1