Becton is starting this year and wild ass prediction

Look I don't know if this BS is true, our beat reporters are Terrible. Never have seems so bad when we didn't have talent it was like who cares, what they supposed to write about when you are terrible, but then came rex and they rooted against our own team. Them come Aaron freaking Rogers and they can't must and decent questions or even logical thought. Just a bunch of ****ikg losers...anyway.

Bectonas the starter? Penciled in that seems to be news to me. I actually thought that was going to happen whenever he came back , last year or now, he just walks back into his spot.

Also wild prediction I think he plays awesome this year, god I hope he plays awesome this year

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10078189-jets-rumors-injured-mekhi-becton-ahead-of-duane-brown-expected-to-be-at-camp

Mekhi Becton could replace Duane Brown as the New York Jets left tackle this fall.

Becton is ahead of Brown in his injury recovery, ESPN's Rich Cimini reported. He is expected to be ready for training camp, while Brown is "noncommittal" about when he can return.

Becton is recovering from right knee surgery completed last August, while Brown underwent shoulder surgery this spring.

Becton, who missed the entirety of the 2022 campaign, played as a right tackle for New York in 2021. He told reporters in May that he warned the team before the season that this position would not work for his surgically repaired knee, per CBS Sports' Bryan DeArdo.

• Upvote 1

Becton's the future of that position if he can make it. Don't see any reason to not root for him.

Saleh has indirectly taken shots at Becton using Brown's work ethic, but he is getting old. I would love to see Becton out there destroying DLers.

• Upvote 4

The Jets plan for both Ts is to throw a bunch of players against the wall and see what sticks.  At least one will start the season on IR. I believe we will have at least 5 different players start at T.  Becton will play L and R. AVT will play.  Turner will play a bunch.  Brown will start 8 games at LT. 

This is the Way. 

• Upvote 1

Becton will start at RT. Hopefully he gives it his all and isn't a baby about not playing LT. How about showing some respect for Brown. Some humility and hyping up his teammates would be a nice change for him. 
Hopefully Brown is recovered in time and plays a hell of a lot better than last year.

8 hours ago, bicketybam said:
8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:
Becton will start at RT. Hopefully he gives it his all and isn't a baby about not playing LT. How about showing some respect for Brown. Some humility and hyping up his teammates would be a nice change for him. 

Hopefully Brown is recovered in time and plays a hell of a lot better than last year.

def hope better than last year for usre!

15 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

What's going on with Max Mitchell? Is he participating at OTAs? There's two starting spots so both players may still get PT.

Max Mitchell is at OTA

Carter Warren is not. I could see a scenario where Warren and Duane Brown are early season IR candidates

Mekhi at LT

Billy Turner/Max Mitchell battle at RT

Yodney as possible Swings

• Upvote 1

He's going to be the starting LT.   Might be the best player on the team this year.  Uber talent in fighting shape on a salary drive.  I would like to thank @freestater for having the courage and forsight to fat shame him and point out numerous times that Becton wasn't worthy of being drafted ahead of Whirfs.  This was clearly a huge motivation for Becton.  Without him and the Becton hate brigade this would not be possible.  

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Never have seems so bad when we didn't have talent it was like who cares, what they supposed to write about when you are terrible, but then came rex and they rooted against our own team. Them come Aaron freaking Rogers and they can't must and decent questions

Are you drunk?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

He's going to be the starting LT.   Might be the best player on the team this year.  Uber talent in fighting shape on a salary drive.  I would like to thank @freestater for having the courage and forsight to fat shame him and point out numerous times that Becton wasn't worthy of being drafted ahead of Whirfs.  This was clearly a huge motivation for Becton.  Without him and the Becton hate brigade this would not be possible.  

Heavy lift (pun intended) It's the brave souls like you and I, Biggs, that help keep the 77 pancake club alive. 

@JiF

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

I wonder why brown didn't get his surgery a week after the season ended

I'm wondering that myself. Looks like he had it in February (presumably late February). Last game of the season was Jan 8th. 

Could be that surgery was only necessary early if he was returning, and maybe he wasn't sure about that until Rodgers talks got real. 

Who knows.

11 hours ago, bicketybam said:
11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Wait a minute!  Brown played pretty darn good last year.  And on an injured shoulder no less.  I will be very happy if he plays to the level he played last year, thank you!

Becton was always going to be a starter this year if he’s healthy.

If he can’t at least beat out a guy like Max Mitchell for the RT spot then why the hell is he even on the roster? Trade him for a conditional pick, eat the rancid dick of wasting a Top 12 pick on a total bust, and move on with a guy like Billy Turner or Cajuste backing up Mitchell.

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Becton was always going to be a starter this year if he’s healthy.

If he can’t at least beat out a guy like Max Mitchell for the RT spot then why the hell is he even on the roster? Trade him for a conditional pick, eat the rancid dick of wasting a Top 12 pick on a total bust, and move on with a guy like Billy Turner or Cajuste backing up Mitchell.

Where'd the idea come from that he can't beat out Mitchell?

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Heavy lift (pun intended) It's the brave souls like you and I, Biggs, that help keep the 77 pancake club alive. 

@JiF

Is that the "eating 77 pancake(s) club"? No Crusher? Give me ten days per attempt, and I might be a junior member. I'll bring the real syrup from VT. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Where'd the idea come from that he can't beat out Mitchell?

That Becton starting this year is some kind of new, definitive prediction as implied in the thread title.

He was always going to start short of showing up to camp 380+ lbs or blowing out his knee again. For as much guff as I’ve given him, I’ll still admit with no hesitation that he’s immensely talented.

I’d assumed from the start that it would be Brown at LT and Becton at RT. But after the public stink Becton has made about being strictly a LT and blaming his latest knee injury on the coaching staff, I won’t be shocked if he’s shipped out if Brown is a full-go by camp and one or both of Warren/Mitchell are showing promise.

46 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Is that the "eating 77 pancake(s) club"? No Crusher? Give me ten days per attempt, and I might be a junior member. I'll bring the real syrup from VT. 

This is JiF's baby. You gotta ask him about the initiation rites. 

First rule of pancake club is you don't talk about pancake club.

@JiF

brad pitt idgaf GIF by O&O, Inc

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

This is JiF's baby. You gotta ask him about the initiation rites. 

First rule of pancake club is you don't talk about pancake club.

@JiF

brad pitt idgaf GIF by O&O, Inc

Wrong.

You can talk about it, just not with a mouthful of pancakes.  Mind your manners. 

• Haha 1

Health is all but certain to dictate how the OT situation shakes out.  If Brown is healthy he'll get priority at LT and Becton will be at RT.  If either of them are hurt, then the other will get LT and Mitchell RT, at least to start the year.  Any more than one injury issue and it can get ugly fast, likely with more moving around for AVT.

Beyond that, we mostly have to hope that it's much better pocket presence and line calls from Rodgers that will be the greatest assist to the OL this year.

21 hours ago, slats said:

I’m rooting for him. He wants LT because that’s where the money is. This is the first I’m hearing of the right side being worse for his repaired knee, so I don’t know how that figures into the equation. Becton being available while Brown isn’t certainly makes it easy for the Jets to play him on the left during camp. The problem for Becton might be Brown and the rest of the tackles, though. Brown talks as if he’s incapable of playing on the right. Can one of the other guys step up and start on the right side allowing Becton to start on the left and Brown to be his backup? If their plan is to play the best five guys, Becton may have to suck it and play on the right this season. He may not like it, but I think it would be good for him and the team. 

Becton is too small to play left tackle. He needs to put on some weight.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Health is all but certain to dictate how the OT situation shakes out.  If Brown is healthy he'll get priority at LT and Becton will be at RT.  If either of them are hurt, then the other will get LT and Mitchell RT, at least to start the year.  Any more than one injury issue and it can get ugly fast, likely with more moving around for AVT.

Beyond that, we mostly have to hope that it's much better pocket presence and line calls from Rodgers that will be the greatest assist to the OL this year.

This and that will be the biggest factor that makes this offensive line look good.