Bills sign Leonard Floyd

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fido;

Jets not serious about Super Bowl because Jets drafted pass rusher 1st round and not a offensive player I've never heard of before and because they have not signed more offense like Hopkins.

Also Fido;

Bills are true example of team serious about Super Bowl because peep this pass rusher they just signed. 

Drafting a second round prospect at #15 overall isn't something we should be glorifying.  But that's not really the point.  Want to draft a defensive player fine, but then go get a legitimate #2 WR and have at least two starting caliber T's on the rosters....

The Bill are serious because they continue to make moves to make their team better - even if it's at expense of potential long term stability. 

The Jets brought in Rodgers (Let's just put aside the beating JD took on the trade) great, he's here - we now have a legitimate starting QB and a few really solid pieces.  But otherwise this is not s Super Bowl caliber roster.

As I've said.  It's fine - it'll certainly be a more exciting season - the Jets will be in the playoff hunt all year, probably blow out a few teams (which we don't see very often and are fun to watch) and hopefully never be out of any game.  So all good - really looking forward to the season.  

But it's not a Super Bowl roster right now.  All I'm saying is Jets management know it too and are comfortable with it.

It's clear the Bill's management think they are legitimate SB contenders and are making moves to give themselves as much of an advantage as possible to win it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Really now.  So tell me...what did the Bills do to get a #2 WR.  And before you spew out Gabe Davis, note that his stats are very similar to Lazard's except his catch % is 9 points lower.  

Then ask yourself honestly if you like the Bills OTs so much and read this bit from PFF:

Here's the difference here.  They have a top 3 NFL QB.  The Jets do not.   If the Jets had Aaron Rodgers from even 3 years ago I would tell you G. Wilson alone is fine.  But Rodgers isn't that guy anymore.  They need to compensate for that - they did not.

Stop with PFF Rankings.  The Jets have one starting caliber OT and he's 38 years old, coming off a bad shoulder injury and still not ready to play.

25 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Consider, just for a moment, that you have an incredibly strong confirmation bias working against you which makes you see things that maybe aren't really there and explains why people keep refuting your posts.

I think the major difference between me and most is I see a soon to be 40 year old QB coming off, by far, his worst year as a pro - and have real concerns that that age was a major factor - and once that happens players typically don't get better.  

The rest of y'all believe it was a sore thumb or he would have been a MVP candidate again.  No confirmation bias here - just basic logic from the decades I've been watching sports.  When guys see massive declines in production when they get older, it usually doesn't get better.

You guys refuse to even acknowledge the possibility of age being a serious concern.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is going to be a fun thread to bump when the Jets win the division. Fido will probably have gone emo and "left" by then though.

Be great to be wrong on this one.  If Rodgers plays at a top 5 QB level - then this team can surely win the division.  I hope it was the thumb and not that he was getting old.

But, I see him more likely to be 3rd in division than top 5 in the league.

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Be great to be wrong on this one.  If Rodgers plays at a top 5 QB level - then this team can surely win the division.  I hope it was the thumb and not that he was getting old.

statistically, yes, because he won't be playing the 4th quarter in most games when we're up 3 TDs and try to keep his snaps below 65%.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is going to be a fun thread to bump when the Jets win the division. Fido will probably have gone emo and "left" by then though.

Probably over a training camp throw by Wilson that's bad and he says that's good but then gets mad over all the people saying its bad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Drafting a second round prospect at #15 overall isn't something we should be glorifying.  But that's not really the point.  Want to draft a defensive player fine, but then go get a legitimate #2 WR and have at least two starting caliber T's on the rosters....

The Bills #2 WR is Gabe Davis, who had fewer catches than Allan Lazard (a JAG in your eyes) last year. They must not be serious, after all!!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The Bills #2 WR is Gabe Davis, who had fewer catches than Allan Lazard (a JAG in your eyes) last year. They must not be serious, after all!!!!

And Davis was a 4th round pick.....back in 2020.  lol.

SO SERIOUS MUCH CONTENTION

• Haha 2

Keep in mind guys:  Fido operates in a world where a team needs All-Pros at all 10 spots surrounding the QB plus 11 more on the defense to cover up a QB's weaknesses.

He doesn't comprehend that having a QB lifts everyone else up to the point where pretty good players become very good and very good players become elite.  

That's what a QB is supposed to do.  Not lean on a stellar roster like a crutch only for people to blame the OC when things go bad.

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't fear the Bills, but yes, they should have drafted JSN.

Jets clearly needed a primary slot both now and for the future.  JSN could have come right in and had an immediate impact.  Fits the WC offense like a glove.

Would hate to think that fear of upsetting the Rodgers-Cobb storyline had anything to do with bypassing a better prospect at a legit position of need for an undersized passing-downs only 24-year old rookie EDGE who might play 20% of snaps if the DL manages to stay healthy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

The Bill are serious because they continue to make moves to make their team better - even if it's at expense of potential long term stability.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets trade for Aaron Rodgers where he is surrounded by playmakers like Garrett Wilson and Breece:  Not serious contenders

Bills sign a street FA EDGE guy:  Totes serious contenders

Between this and the "NEVER SPEND 10 % OF YOUR CAP ON A DT" thread there's some really strange takes being thrown around these days.  But I guess that's just "Monday" around here.  

This is my favorite one of his never ending, always changing criteria in which the Jets are failing to fulfil takes he's been dropping for the last month. It's almost like the Jets didnt just bench their 2nd overall pick from 3 years ago for a HOF QB on his last leg and didnt sign a bunch of his favorite players, including a 33 year old WR and arent planning on starting a 40 year RT or maybe LT.  lmfao 

• Post of the Week 3

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Uh oh!  lol 

And lets not forget that Diggs is probably going to shoot his way out town!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1