Jets signing Dalvin Cook? 6/9 Update Cook Released

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The issue with Cook is that Minnesota’s offense is a nice one for RBs because Cousins is a good play-action guy and teams are lined up worring about Jefferson killing them. Cook was one of the few starting backs to have a negative YPC over expectation (meaning, he didn’t even get what was blocked for him). The guys who were worse than him were Ezekiel Elliot (toast), Fournette (toast), and Najee Harris (sucks). But you know who else is on that list? Michael Carter. Sucks. 

IMG_3976.png

I love it when you analyze. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

If the Jets were really thinking about drafting Jahmyr Gibbs that means they were thinking of adding a high end RB to the stable.  Rumor is Jets are "definitely" interested in Cook.  I'd be surprised if we could add him but it'd be exciting as hell.  I'd expect Michael Carter to be cut and Breece could ease back from the ACL.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I didn't mean today, Ape. 

Though there are keeper leagues out there where moves happen all the time.  @jgb

Traded for Breece right before he went down. Traded fournette and Chris Godwin for Drake London and Breece. Still like the trade although didn’t work last season for me. I don’t play redraft anymore.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Traded for Breece right before he went down. Traded fournette and Chris Godwin for Drake London and Breece. Still like the trade although didn’t work last season for me. I don’t play redraft anymore.

I'd have to become an NFL Draft guru on the level of @Paradis to do well in a dynasty league.  Can't do it. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Since 2020, the Jets' 1st and 2nd round picks:

'20 1st(11): Becton, OT - OFFENSE

'20 2nd(59): Mims, WR - OFFENSE

'21 1st(2): Wilson, QB - OFFENSE

'21 1st(14):  AVT, OL - OFFENSE

'21 2nd(34): Moore, WR - OFFENSE

'22 1st(4): Sauce, CB - DEFENSE

'22 1st(10): G Wilson, WR - OFFENSE

'22 1st(26): JJ, Edge - DEFENSE

'22 2nd(36): Hall, RB - OFFENSE

'23 1st(15): McDonald, Edge - DEFENSE

'23 2nd(43): Tippmann, C - OFFENSE

Only pattern I see is that these are all premium positions with the exception of Breece Hall.

Price obviously is going to be what's the issue with most teams. Cook has to decide if he wants a chance at a ring or money. If he wants a ring and not to just get money... I'd love to add him.

Really just don't want him going to MIA or BUF if we don't go after him. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd have to become an NFL Draft guru on the level of @Paradis to do well in a dynasty league.  Can't do it. 

i've gone so much further down the rabbit hole lol... i'm in CFB fantasy leagues now; 50 team leagues with conferences, and pool of like 7000 players... you haven't (not) lived until you're combing through 300 sophomores in the sunbelt conference for your flex week. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

C is not a premium position IMO.  In most people's opinions.  Guard either.

I wont debate that. Edge, CB, QB and WR are top tier positions.

I put C, DT and G in that next tier. Very valuable and I have no issues using high draft picks on those positions.