9 1/2 starts by Becton this season O/U poll

O/U 9 1/2 starts by Becton in ‘23  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will Becton start more than 9 1/2 games this season?

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Over. This fat schlub...er dominant athlete knows when hard coin is on the table. 

I take the over aa well.  I think the better question would be:  "Will Becton play more or less than 12 games this year?"

Will he miss 5 games?  More? Less?  I would stay away from that bet, altogether.

1 minute ago, Alka said:

I take the over aa well.  I think the better question would be:  "Will Becton play more or less than 12 games this year?"

Will he miss 5 games?  More? Less?  I would stay away from that bet, altogether.

I thought about this for a while before I picked 9.5 as the number.

I settled on it because Becton hasn’t played in two years and is recovering from knee surgery. I really don’t think it’s fair or reasonable to expect him not to miss a game or two (same as with any other player), and given what we’ve seen from him, expecting 12 or more seems like wishful thinking.

Considering what he’s shown, and is trying to overcome, I think just over half the season (9.5) is a number that is just right for an O/U.

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I thought about this for a while before I picked 9.5 as the number.

I settled on it because Becton hasn’t played in two years and is recovering from knee surgery. I really don’t think it’s fair or reasonable to expect him not to miss a game or two (same as with any other player), and given what we’ve seen from him, expecting 12 or more seems like wishful thinking.

Considering what he’s shown, and is trying to overcome, I think just over half the season (9.5) is a number that is just right for an O/U.

I respect your opinion.  My feeling is that you need to go back to season #1, when he was able to play an entire season.  He missed around 2 or 3 games if I remember correctly.  Becton has lost the weight, and looks great thus far.

If you turn out to be correct, and he only plays 9 games this year, then his ability to get his next contract will be the equvalent of "dog meat".  Missing 8 games and playing 9?  

Kiss that big next contract goodbye!!   No, I will stick with my prediction of 12 games.  If he can't do it this year, than I would not expect him to do it in the future.  Would you give him $20M per season for missing years 2 and 3, and then playing in what amounts to only 50% of season #4?  I wouldn't.

6 minutes ago, Alka said:

I respect your opinion.  My feeling is that you need to go back to season #1, when he was able to play an entire season.  He missed around 2 or 3 games if I remember correctly.  Becton has lost the weight, and looks great thus far.

If you turn out to be correct, and he only plays 9 games this year, then his ability to get his next contract will be the equvalent of "dog meat".  Missing 8 games and playing 9?  

Kiss that big next contract goodbye!!   No, I will stick with my prediction of 12 games.  If he can't do it this year, than I would not expect him to do it in the future.  Would you give him $20M per season for missing years 2 and 3, and then playing in what amounts to only 50% of season #4?  I wouldn't.

I think you misunderstood my reply to you, and because of that you are trying to justify the number you chose, when there is no need to.

I never said whether I felt that he will play more or less than 9.5 games. What I did was try to explain how I arrived at a number which would make the poll as close as possible, and from the results so far it appears 9.5 was that number.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I think you misunderstood my reply to you, and because of that you are trying to justify the number you chose.

I never said whether I felt that he will play more or less than 9.5 games. What I did was try to explain how I arrived at a number which would make the poll as close as possible, and from the results so far it appears 9.5 was that number.

Got it!!  I apologize for my misunderstanding.  I think the point of the strength of his injured knee is a question that can't be answered by anyone by Becton.  He must know at this point what he is capable of, and what he is not capable of.  The rest of us will all find out together when he finally steps on the field in live action.  

The other thing is what I have learned following the NFL:  Becton might now be at 100% on his injured knee, but his 100% may now be only 90 or 80 percent of what it used to be.  He might be fully healed, but may never have the abilities he once had with that knee.  I learned this following other players on other teams after they sustained certain injuries.  I have a feeling that is what might be the case with Becton.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I feel that if Carter Warren shows them anything in training camp, Becton will be moved for draft picks.

Agreed

The Jets drafted Mitchell last year, drafted Warren this year, have Brown assuredly on the team this season, and still felt the need to bring in a guy like Cajuste even after bringing back Ogbuehi.

Coincidence? Just merely trying to leave “no stone unturned”?

Maybe

But between Becton’s complete inability to be relied upon and his recent comments about the coaching staff in regards to his injury, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he ends up being moved before the season.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote is at 17-16.  Wow!  You should set Over/Unders for Vegas!

I feel like 9.5 is the perfect tipping point for Big Raincheck. Huge year with pay involved. I can honestly see betting the under, but my instinct is he gets the win now vibe and seeks to cash in on a FA contract. We get a good compensatory draft pick.

TL/DR?...

Thank you, Aaron Frickin Rodgers. Thank you. 

• Upvote 2

I think this year, he's motivated to get on the field.

But a twice, surgically repaired knee, withstanding the stress test of a  super-sized, super-mobile human?

I would think certainly less than 9 games, much less...

Making it through training camp in one piece, starting in either tackle spot come September...would shock me.

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Dessert Camping GIF

I find smores to be the most overrated treat on the planet.  I like graham wafer crusts, i like marshmallows in rice crispy squares and i like chocolate but that combo has always been sickly sweet blech for me.

• Haha 2