Saleh cancels minicamp

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Happy Birthday GIF

If you're paying attention it is so obvious the way the Jets have managed this off-season that they don't believe they are realistically capable of a serious run.

Call me a Troll if you want - but I think it's pretty obvious if you really look at how they managed the off-season.  

Appease the fan base by giving up a kings ransom for Rodgers - and put together a competitive roster.  

It's what they've done and this will be a very competitive team week in and week out. -

But they don't believe this roster is capable of beating the KC's, Cincy's and SF's of the world - and they're clearly not going all in to try and get themselves there.

• Haha 1

If you're paying attention it is so obvious the way the Jets have managed this off-season that they don't believe they are realistically capable of a serious run.
Call me a Troll if you want - but I think it's pretty obvious if you really look at how they managed the off-season.  
Appease the fan base by giving up a kings ransom for Rodgers - and put together a competitive roster.  
It's what they've done and this will be a very competitive team week in and week out. -
But they don't believe this roster is capable of beating the KC's, Cincy's and SF's of the world - and they're clearly not going all in to try and get themselves there.
Just lacking any substance at all.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

After a 3 minute contemplation, I think the following image captures my emotions.

{Unemotionally}-- Saleh's job should be on the line this season.  As the head coach, he should know what's best for his team and what they need to get ready for the season.  That said, we better not hear any excuses about his team being ready.   

cat what GIF

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

How many days of non contact practice will it take to improve tackling?
Gosh Fidelio, I’m not sure. 

Yeah, the overarching point here is that Saleh has been softer than most as it relates to practices and practice intensity. Cancelling minicamp is just another example. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

A Rodgers didn’t want to show up - real reason minicamp was canceled .     Who cares what really getting out of minicamp. 

Might be onto something here. Rodgers said he didn't want to do it and Saleh is giving him cover by cancelling the whole thing. This regime has shown they will twist themselves in knots to cover for a QB...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah, the overarching point here is that Saleh has been softer than most as it relates to practices and practice intensity. Cancelling minicamp is just another example. 

The overarching point is you’re over reacting. This is also just another example.  I’m sure when they miss a tackle you’ll be the first to say “shoulda had that practice in June!”  

17 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The overarching point is you’re over reacting. This is also just another example.  I’m sure when they miss a tackle you’ll be the first to say “shoulda had that practice in June!”  

You mean walkthrough? 

6 hours ago, Claymation said:

Having Aaron not at Mini Camp with Zach leading the 1st  team would be detrimental and have an adverse effect on this team and morale.

Haha

Saleh nearly canceled himself by hitching his wagon unequivocally to ZW

The NE postgame debacle and locker room uprising forced him to change his tune 

You have to question Saleh here, I’m sure it was approved as an organization though. He still has to prove himself and get this team back to winning. He looks like a buffoon and he will be rightfully questioned about this move if the team is flat out of the gate. The extra reps are always beneficial for the team and there chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

troll trolling GIF

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Who's happy?  Zach's happy. He can go back to the lake and water ski with that dime of his sitting on his neck.

If only Zach responded half as well to the 40 and 50 year old coaches on the staff as he does to the MILFs residing in Provo, Utah.

• Upvote 2

Why is everyone saying that Robert Saleh cancelled mini camp? A defensive coach can't make those decisions.

Do you have a problem with this move? Take it up with the head coach, Aaron Rodgers.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Might be onto something here. Rodgers said he didn't want to do it and Saleh is giving him cover by cancelling the whole thing. This regime has shown they will twist themselves in knots to cover for a QB...

Definitely has a faint whiff of the “let’s call 952” stuff Deion pulled with the Cowboys.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Definitely has a faint whiff of the “let’s call 952” stuff Deion pulled with the Cowboys.

Put another way. If Rodgers said, “It’s imperative that I have time with them before training camp starts,” would we have a mini-camp?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

I’ve mentioned it a dozen times. If you really need to, search my posts or follow the team a little more closely.  

I found a bunch of times where you vaguely alluded to it then got weirdly evasive when people pressed you on it, like now. I will adjust my fandom accordingly.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He’d be right to speculate. Skipping precious few preparation sessions allowed under the CBA could result in poor execution. Unless you think practice and prep has zero value?

• Haha 1

They canceled three days of practice in June and will show up to camp a week earlier than the rest of the league. So they’ll actually be getting in more practice than every team not playing them in the HoF game this offseason. Seems like something really worth getting upset about. 

Club med? Don’t believe in themselves? We should change the name of this place to the sandy vagina. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, slats said:

They canceled three days of practice in June and will show up to camp a week earlier than the rest of the league. So they’ll actually be getting in more practice than every team not playing them in the HoF game this offseason. Seems like something really worth getting upset about. 

Club med? Don’t believe in themselves? We should change the name of this place to the sandy vagina. 

That reminds me, how are things down at the beach?

• Haha 3