Zach struggling at OTAs

Non-Rodgers takeaways from #Jets: * Nice day for Zach Wilson, who ran the first-team offense in 11 x 11. Went 5-for-5 in only 11 x 11 period, mostly short stuff. Went 6-for-8 in 7 x 7, including 2-for-4 in red zone. Overall, seemed comfortable. Lots of checkdowns. cont..

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:
Non-Rodgers takeaways from #Jets: * Nice day for Zach Wilson, who ran the first-team offense in 11 x 11. Went 5-for-5 in only 11 x 11 period, mostly short stuff. Went 6-for-8 in 7 x 7, including 2-for-4 in red zone. Overall, seemed comfortable. Lots of checkdowns. cont..

Thank you.....  That is all I will say....

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

For the staff it is going to be the eye test. Zach has the physical talent but he regressed last year to the point where he was as broken as a QB can be. They put him in a time out and it didn't work.

If he doesn't step on the field with confidence and command, he can't be the backup. Hopefully that isn't case. This new offense and a mentor in Rodgers is the only chance Zach has to redeem himself.

if you cant score in the rezone in practices...... . I have nothing left to even say. yeah its early, but IMO Zachenberg has to take a huge leap forward for me to even get hopeful as a fan

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Find it interesting that Cimini is the only one reporting that Zach had a decent day, even though he qualifies it with “it was short stuff, but…” Either Rosenblatt and Hughes talked each other into sh*tting on Wilson, or Cimini was doing someone in the org a favor by giving Zach a little love online. Going to guess it was Cimini giving Zach extra credit for not sh*tting his pants in the 11 on 11s while checking it down, and consciously ignoring the goal line drills where (as reported) Zach sh*t his pants. 

Unfortunately there’s still Zach people in the building

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Find it interesting that Cimini is the only one reporting that Zach had a decent day, even though he qualifies it with “it was short stuff, but…” Either Rosenblatt and Hughes talked each other into sh*tting on Wilson, or Cimini was doing someone in the org a favor by giving Zach a little love online. Going to guess it was Cimini giving Zach extra credit for not sh*tting his pants in the 11 on 11s while checking it down, and consciously ignoring the goal line drills where (as reported) Zach sh*t his pants. 

Conner Hughes reported that Zach was having a great camp then had a bad day.  He’s shlt on no one.  

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Just pray Rodgers never gets hurt…that’s all. All jokes aside, all you naysayers will have to just suck it up when it comes to Zack. He’s the number two.

So people who acknowledge Zach Wilson sucks based on 2 years of data and every decision the Jets org has made in the last 4 months are "naysayers" now.  Got it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So people who acknowledge Zach Wilson sucks based on 2 years of data and every decision the Jets org has made in the last 4 months are "naysayers" now.  Got it.

Not sure what the rationale is for defending Zach being the backup qb.  Unless these guys really think he’s still going to be good

• Upvote 1

Not sure why guys want Zach to fail so bad .. is it horrible if he improves and becomes a legit FQB ?

If the kid looks good in preseason you roll with him at #2 .. if he looks atrocious you bring in a serviceable vet.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, David Harris said:

Reports are he's still dirting easy passes at times.  This is a fatal flaw if not corrected.  Absolute drive killers.  

We can't cut him and no one will trade for him IMO.  I could easily see him sliding down into that new Emergency 3rd QB slot this year.

I agree ... If he cannot complete short passes as gimmees ..it's a deal breaker and he needs to be jettisoned to the moon.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still with this?  For the 8,000th time......Knowing he'll fail = / = rooting for him to fail.  

You can believe to your heart's content he'll become a FQB.  All I want out of the QB room aside from Rodgers is to have an acceptable QB2 in 2023.  Zach Wilson isn't that.  

If you buy life insurance you’re a living hater and if you leave the house with an umbrella you’re a Sun hater.

• Haha 2

Still with this?  For the 8,000th time......Knowing he'll fail = / = rooting for him to fail.  
You can believe to your heart's content he'll become a FQB.  All I want out of the QB room aside from Rodgers is to have an acceptable QB2 in 2023.  Zach Wilson isn't that.  
Fair ... We disagree on that ... I think he can be that as of right now.

Hey Jordan Love threw a pick today in practice maybe he'll.be let go by the Pack and we can pick him up.

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Fair ... We disagree on that ... I think he can be that as of right now.

Hey Jordan Love threw a pick today in practice maybe he'll.be let go by the Pack and we can pick him up.

The bullish case on Zach is he was thrown in before he was ready and needs a top-down reset. But at the same time he needs to be ready to play as early as week 1 if Rodgers gets dinged. Do I have this right?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, undertow said:

Jetnation - Why are you so negative and a hater you are used to being miserable.

Me - I'm not I'm just pointing out that our 2nd overall pick is running around in circles and missing guys by ten feet.

Jetnation - Hater mods ban this guy.

My mom always predicted that if I went outside without a coat in winter, I would get a cold. Bitch was a hater yo.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The litmus on Zach will be if he actually starts the season as the # 2 or we all of a sudden bring a veteran QB in under the guise to “push” Zach in practice, I have to agree with @FidelioJet right now though. If we start the season with Zach as the undisputed back  up this franchise is Not 100% committed to making a run this year. It’s like parachuting and packing a tablecloth into your back up chute. 

Reality is. There's prob 2-3 back up QBs in the league that you can rely on to win you a game. Most backup QBs are tablecloths.

Outside of those guys it's a crap shoot if your starting QB is down.