Zach struggling at OTAs

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Reality is. There's prob 2-3 back up QBs in the league that you can rely on to win you a game. Most backup QBs are tablecloths.

Outside of those guys it's a crap shoot if your starting QB is down. 

You need a guy less likely to fart away a game. Bridgewater immediately comes to my mind spontaneously as a newly formed rosebud in spring.

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Not sure what the rationale is for defending Zach being the backup qb.  Unless these guys really think he’s still going to be good

I'm confident he can be a top 50 NFL QB.  That's practically an elite backup.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Not sure what the rationale is for defending Zach being the backup qb.  Unless these guys really think he’s still going to be good

People think he both needs a full reset since his abortive one last year was cut short and also that he’s ready to step in week 1, if needed. 

star trek spock GIF

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

And yet he lost all the games he played in last year with Miami. Crapshoot, like I said. 

I guess that’s why they call it “probabilities” and not “certainties.” 

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

This is hilarious.  I have the feeling the search terms that finally scored your Gif are even better. 

Soon all of us — not just influencers — will live to serve the algorithms.

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

We already do.  And I for one am grateful for our new robot overloads.  

Today I had a 1:1 with my team member in Ljubljana. The topic of the Yugoslav War came up. After the call, I shut down my computer and fired up YouTube on my TV. First suggested video? History of Conflict in the Balkan States.

Tobe Hooper Horror GIF by filmeditor

• Upvote 3

Just now, jgb said:

Today I had a 1:1 with my team member in Ljubljana. The topic of the Yugoslav War came up. After the call, I shut down my computer and fired up YouTube on my TV. First suggested video? History of Conflict in the Balkan States.

I heard people say stuff like this and wasn’t sure what to say…

A couple of years ago I was talking to my wife about a friend who had cancer and started discussing wigs and cost.  

Get on my phone later and have ads for wigs.  Yeah that’s not in my search or online history lol.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I was booking a flight to Paris yesterday and the next thing that came on my computer was an ad for compression socks.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I heard people say stuff like this and wasn’t sure what to say…

A couple of years ago I was talking to my wife about a friend who had cancer and started discussing wigs and cost.  

Get on my phone later and have ads for wigs.  Yeah that’s not in my search or online history lol.

Many would say it’s confirmation bias since the 99 dot whatever percent it doesn’t happen aren’t memorable — like how everyone remembers the few times a streetlight burns out when you’re right under it but none of the thousands of times it doesn’t — but would it shock anyone if Apple/Google are picking up conversations from Alexa or whatever to pump you with targeted ads? I didn’t read the 900 page terms of service for any of this sh*t.

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I was booking a flight to Paris yesterday and the next thing that came on my computer was an ad for compression socks.  

Assume you were booking it on your computer and then it makes sense. But I was having a video call…

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Many would say it’s confirmation bias since the 99 dot whatever percent it doesn’t happen aren’t memorable — like how everyone remembers the few times a streetlight burns out when you’re right under it but none of the thousands of times it doesn’t — but would it shock anyone if Apple/Google are picking up conversations from Alexa or whatever to pump it you with targeted ads? I didn’t read the 900 page terms of service for any of this sh*t.

Sort of like ED ads that just happen to "Pop up" when my wife is in the mood.

• Haha 3

The bullish case on Zach is he was thrown in before he was ready and needs a top-down reset. But at the same time he needs to be ready to play as early as week 1 if Rodgers gets dinged. Do I have this right?
This is fair ... If Zach was redshirted the entire year with the idea he'd be back next summer to play ... I'd be down with that completely

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This is fair ... If Zach was redshirted the entire year with the idea he'd be back next summer to play ... I'd be down with that completely

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Exactly — bringing in a game-experienced and competent QB2 is something everyone should agree with regardless of how they feel about Zach.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

The gameday threads for the preseason are going to be lit.

Zach will not be playing in pre-season games.  They want to preserve Rodgers confidence without controversy.  Can you imagine if fans start booing Rodgers and calling for Zach to start if Rodgers has a 3 and out to open the season.  

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Zach will not be playing in pre-season games.  They want to preserve Rodgers confidence without controversy.  Can you imagine if fans start booing Rodgers and calling for Zach to start if Rodgers has a 3 and out to open the season.  

Ain’t nobody gonna be calling for Wilson over Rodgers lol