The "Rodgers Impact" ...

KRL

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

LESS, ZERO whatever you call it that's not an advantage.

to make the offense simpler isn't going to help the offense score points 

it's something they tell people in the offseason and we all accept it like the dum dums we are 

This idea that all the problems were to blame on MLF is wishful thinking 

pro offenses use motion that's why it's pro not Pee wee 

Great QBs don’t mind being blitzed because they believe they have the advantage by recognizing it and making the defense pay. Zach pees down his leg when he’s pressured. So the stategery isn’t the same for all QBs. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Great QBs don’t mind being blitzed because they believe they have the advantage by recognizing it and making the defense pay. Zach pees down his leg when he’s pressured. So the stategery isn’t the same for all QBs. 

Aaron Rodgers was blitzed on 30% of his dropbacks last season. He completed 66% of his passes on those dropbacks. 8 TDs, 3 INTs.

Zach Wilson was blitzed on 42% of his dropbacks last season. He completed 53% of his passes on those dropbacks. 4 TDs, 4 INTs. When pressured, he threw 1 td, 6 ints. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Aaron Rodgers was blitzed on 30% of his dropbacks last season. He completed 66% of his passes on those dropbacks. 8 TDs, 3 INTs.

Zach Wilson was blitzed on 42% of his dropbacks last season. He completed 53% of his passes on those dropbacks. 4 TDs, 4 INTs. When pressured, he threw 1 td, 6 ints. 

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Fortunately that will all be fixed now that LaFleur is gone.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, oatmeal said:

At the same time, this is one of the main reasons why Rodgers decided to continue his career with the Jets. With Hackett -- a close friend and confidant -- running the offense, he knew he'd have a major say in the implementation and direction of the offense, which he views as a refreshing change from Green Bay.

Rodgers chafed at times under Packers coach Matt LaFleur, occasionally expressing his frustration publicly. Rodgers, who once said LaFleur's system "has flaws," vented last season after a loss to the Jets, claiming the offense needed to be simplified. It wasn't the first time he aired his feelings.

Make no mistake, Rodgers was vocal in Green Bay's meetings -- he said so himself -- but there's a difference between speaking up and being heard. While it's still the honeymoon phase, it sounds like his words carry more weight in New York. You might say he has ownership of the offense, which was designed with him in mind. Simply put, it's his show.“ 

@T0mShane@Jetsfan80

Take a bow boys 100% exactly what we been saying the time when this Rodgers thing was just a jet fans fantasy 

His brother’s was worse 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Fortunately that will all be fixed now that LaFleur is gone.

One of the surest bets in the NFL last season was getting Zach Wilson into 3rd and five+, blitz him, and run man to man behind him. It was basically putting Chris Dudley at the free throw line.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Adam Gase is currently the offensive coordinator for Lincoln HS in Ypsilanti Michigan

He's our generation's Rich Kotite

and the sad fact is that 7-9 mark is the highpoint of JD's tenure 

What does that have to do with HOF QBs with over 15 years experience preferring an offense with little pre snap motion so they can read the defense they studied and have the option to go fast ? 

1JD, October 2023.  

AR : “ I hear what you’re saying Hack, but I saw the Dline getting gassed and I wanted to go uptempo here and 

***DOOR FLIES OPEN***

Bitonti : “what do you think this is old man, pee wee football ? You can’t tell if it’s man or zone without motion. My god you all SUCK!!!  Woody is cheap ! Gase did coke ! Get Jimmy effing G in here and draft another rookie QB!!!!

AR :  ok?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Larz said:

What does that have to do with HOF QBs with over 15 years experience preferring an offense with little pre snap motion so they can read the defense they studied and have the option to go fast ? 

1JD, October 2023.  

AR : “ I hear what you’re saying Hack, but I saw the Dline getting gassed and I wanted to go uptempo here and 

***DOOR FLIES OPEN***

Bitonti : “what do you think this is old man, pee wee football ? You can’t tell if it’s man or zone without motion. My god you all SUCK!!!  Woody is cheap ! Gase did coke ! Get Jimmy effing G in here and draft another rookie QB!!!!

AR :  ok?

I don't know how you think Aaron Rodgers will tell if the defense is in man or zone without motion 

Telepathy? 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't know how you think Aaron Rodgers will tell if the defense is in man or zone without motion 

Telepathy? 

I would guess how they move after the center/QB exchange, which is commonly referred to as the “snap”

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

I would guess how they move after the center/QB exchange, which is commonly referred to as the “snap”

It's a lot to process in 2.5 seconds - not saying it's impossible, it's just a lot 

I guess that's why he's the 100 million dollar man huh 

Just now, bitonti said:

It's a lot to process in 2.5 seconds - not saying it's impossible, it's just a lot 

I guess that's why he's the 100 million dollar man huh 

Have you seen the clip of Brady turning to fournette on a PA play and say to him “cover 2?”  During the play fake ?

That’s with only what he saw in .25 seconds. He didn’t get that from motion, he got that from reading the safeties first step post snap  

Rodgers is top 5 all time my friend.  Some lists have him at #3. He’s pretty good. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Quite a few sh*t QB's could have been acquired without costing a 1st.  Why Jimmy G specifically?  Do you just have a thing for handsome Italian men who get hurt all the time?  

i've said this about a dozen times but I feel Jimmy G's injury risk and Aaron Rodgers risk are essentially the same

at this point in Rodgers' career. He's been durable recently but in his 18th season he's basically a Jimmy G level risk

no one wants to entertain the very real possibility that Rodgers gets hurt behind a below average Jets Line. 

Jimmy G by the way played 11 games last season and 15 games the year before. That's more than Zach.  

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i've said this about a dozen times but I feel Jimmy G's injury risk and Aaron Rodgers risk are essentially the same

at this point in Rodgers' career. He's been durable recently but in his 18th season he's basically a Jimmy G level risk

no one wants to entertain the very real possibility that Rodgers gets hurt behind a below average Jets Line. 

Jimmy G by the way played 11 games last season and 15 games the year before. That's more than Zach.  

Yes, you’ve explained numerous times why you liked Jimmy G over Rodgers.  That’s not what I asked. 

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, you’ve explained numerous times why you liked Jimmy G over Rodgers.  That’s not what I asked. 

He was also one of the few qbs available that the Jets wouldn't have had to change offensive systems for 

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

i've heard this several times - like it's some sort of genius advantage they are using less motion

Bullsh*t.

people said the same thing when Schotty was fired.

in general, less motion is not a good thing 

motion lets the QB know if they are in Man or Zone

it takes a top receiver and motions him away from the top CB 

no motion means it's easier to play defense. 

There are many plays in Aaron Rodgers' history that benefitted from motion

Look at 30 seconds in for Adams vs Ramsey in Motion in the Playoffs for an example of what I'm talking about. That TD Doesn't happen without motion. 

How many NFL games have you played and how many MVP's have you won? I'll defer to Rodgers on whatever the hell he thinks works best. 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Garoppolo has been the nominal starter in SF for 6 season and has started 55 of a possible 87 games.  63.2%

Rodgers has been the starter in GB for 15 seasons and has started 223 of a possible 241 games. 92.5%

There have been a few QBs to play into their 40s.  Brady, Moon, Favre, Vinny, Flutie.  Saying that at age 39 the injury risk balloons enough to offset that difference is just wishful thinking on your part.

Anything can happen at any time, but this is one of your weaker efforts.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

i've heard this several times - like it's some sort of genius advantage they are using less motion

Bullsh*t.

people said the same thing when Schotty was fired.

in general, less motion is not a good thing 

motion lets the QB know if they are in Man or Zone

it takes a top receiver and motions him away from the top CB 

no motion means it's easier to play defense. 

There are many plays in Aaron Rodgers' history that benefitted from motion

Look at 30 seconds in for Adams vs Ramsey in Motion in the Playoffs for an example of what I'm talking about. That TD Doesn't happen without motion. 

I think if the QB doesn’t like it, or feel he needs it, it’s probably unnecessary. 

It’s funny that you mention Schotty, because this reminds me of when the Jets acquired Favre. Favre hated all of Schotty’s pre-snap motion bull**** and the offense started clicking once Marty’s son listened to the QB and let him run the offense the way he wanted to. Having had that first hand information at their disposal, they opted to hire Rodgers preferred OC, who will let Rodgers run the system the way he wants to from the start. 

The motion thing is just the writer’s speculation, anyway. The important thing is that Rodgers is completely comfortable in the offense, and along with Lazard, Cobb, and Turner, they’re all helping to install it here.