The "Rodgers Impact" ...

KRL

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

His impact so far has been zero.

His impact. will be felt when we play actual games.

You don't think that the process is important?  You just want us to shut up for 3 months or invent a time machine that gets us to September?

We simultaneously have people b*tching about the cancellation of non-contact practice while also having others saying none of this matters until the games start getting played.  So which is it?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, neckdemon said:

So you'd rather have draft picks instead of good players?

You must have been creaming your jeans this past 10 years. Sure the team sucked, but we had those high draft picks!!

Spoiler alert Rodgers isn't that good anymore 

• More Ugh 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Only real doom and gloom scenario is Rodgers has a significant injury early on in the season because JD doesn’t seem to want a backup qb 

that's the beauty of my approach 

there are no doom and gloom scenarios for me 

because I have extremely low expectations 

people think I hate the Jets. That's inaccurate. I love the Jets

I hate getting my hopes up and having them expertly dashed

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, bitonti said:

LESS, ZERO whatever you call it that's not an advantage.

to make the offense simpler isn't going to help the offense score points 

it's something they tell people in the offseason and we all accept it like the dum dums we are

Respectfully, for now I'm content to give future HOF'er Aaron Rodgers the benefit of the doubt on this question over a permanently cynical internet-analyst who never played QB in his entire life.

End of the day, it'll all be about the production, same as always.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You don't think that the process is important?  You just want us to shut up for 3 months or invent a time machine that gets us to September?

We simultaneously have people b*tching about the cancellation of non-contact practice while also having others saying none of this matters until the games start getting played.  So which is it?

This cuts both ways. "The process" is vital when Rodgers is infusing the building with his aura or whatever the ****, but also canceling minicamp is no big deal.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Respectfully, for now I'm content to give future HOF'er Aaron Rodgers the benefit of the doubt on this question over a permanently cynical internet-analyst who never played QB in his entire life.

End of the day, it'll all be about the production, same as always.  

people say sh*t like this too all the time

Bottom line, guys like you and me care more about the Jets than Aaron Rodgers

we have decades of skin in the game 

that guys' a mercenary and he will come and go just like all the other mercs 

Just now, dbatesman said:

This cuts both ways. "The process" is vital when Rodgers is infusing the building with his aura or whatever the ****, but also canceling minicamp is no big deal.

Maybe cancelling minicamp matters.  But which do you think matters more?  A HOF QB getting everyone on the same page and doing things his way?  Or canceling some non-contact practices?  

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

If he can win us a SB he'll be a helluva merc.  That's the upside of going the merc approach at QB like this.

And interesting that you think of Rodgers as a merc but don't think Jimmy Garoppolo would be one.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he can win us a SB he'll be a helluva merc.  That's the upside of going the merc approach at QB like this.

And interesting that you think of Rodgers as a merc but don't think Jimmy Garoppolo would be one.

I never said Jimmy G wouldn't be a merc - what I was responding to was the claim "I'll believe Aaron Rodgers over you, internet troll" 

If Jimmy G said less motion is better he'd be full of crap too 

as for the SB

yeah that would be nice 

I don't know how a team goes from missing the playoffs for 12 straight years to winning the SB but it seems to be the scenario most people imagine around here 

unlikely 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't know how a team goes from missing the playoffs for 12 straight years to winning the SB but it seems to be the scenario most people imagine around here 

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers missed the playoffs 12 straight seasons from 2008-2019.  They won the SB in 2020.

What changed?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers missed the playoffs 12 straight seasons from 2008-2019.  They won the SB in 2020.

What changed?

this is up there with 'let's draft our next franchise QB in rd 6' 

it's Brady. He was the ultimate outlier 

*because of all the cheating

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No the process is not important at all, becasue there have been a million examples of different processes working and totally failing.

I'm sure at this point last year Denver fans were in a tizzy over how great the Russel Wilson acquisition was.  It means zero.

Win games and make the playoffs and dance around about how good the process is, until then it means zero,

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No the process is not important at all, becasue there have been a million examples of different processes working and totally failing.

I'm sure at this point last year Denver fans were in a tizzy over how great the Russel Wilson acquisition was.  It means zero.

Win games and make the playoffs and dance around about how good the process is, until then it means zero,

Nobody on the team liked Russ though.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

This doesn't really touch in any way on what I said.

Let me be clear:   I trust Aaron Rodgers more than I trust Bitonti on JN if the topic is "what amount of pre-snap motion is good/best for Aaron Rodgers, Jets QB, to produce the best". 

And that was in fact the topic here.  That you presumed to know better than a HOF QB on on-field questions of quarterbacking and Offensive system running.

Has nothing to do with fans vs. players or having skin in the game.

Even on that front, Rodgers has "his legacy" on the line here, in part, which is skin enough.

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Let me be clear:   I trust Aaron Rodgers more than I trust Bitonti on JN if the topic is "what amount of pre-snap motion is good/best for Aaron Rodgers, Jets QB, to produce the best". \

Yeah I don't - but that's obvious. Players talk alot of bull. 

Time will show the LeFleurs to be better coaches than the Hacketts

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Even on that front, Rodgers has "his legacy" on the line here, in part, which is skin enough.

not really. He is going to Canton as a 10x Pro Bowler 1x SB champ with the Packers. His legacy is cemented. This is one last cash grab. Win or lose he gets his 100 mil 

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah I don't - but that's obvious. Players talk alot of bull.

So do randoms on the internet. 

There is even a term for it, the The Dunning-Kruger effect.

Time will show the LeFleurs to be better coaches than the Hacketts

We didn't have "LaFluers", nor do we have "Hacketts". 

We had one specific LeFluer, the far less experienced one, and one specific Hackett, the one who helped Rodgers put up top-tier numbers in 19-21'.

I don't care what "time shows" about coaching families, not sure why you do either, I care if we win in 2023.  

And that's mostly going to be on Aaron Rodgers, his durability and how he wants/likes to play, and what he has left in the tank.

not really. He is going to Canton as a 10x Pro Bowler 1x SB champ with the Packers. His legacy is cemented. This is one last cash grab. Win or lose he gets his 100 mil 

And what do you have on the line? Not even hope, the least of all things.

Looks a whole lot like nothing to me, you've already written 2023 off as a historic failure.

So yeah.

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't care what "time shows" about coaching families, not sure why you do either, I care if we win in 2023.  

Win what? 9 games? That's possible. I've seen people looking at 15-2. Ridiculous. 

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And what do you have on the line? Not even hope, the least of all things.

Looks a whole lot like nothing to me, you've already written 2023 off as a historic failure.

So yeah.

What do you have on the line? Your hope? therefore you aren't reliable either 

I guess no one's allowed to express opinions about the NFL unless they played in it. 

Didn't we have this discussion 10 years ago about AAA baseball? 

I actually went to school with a dude who is now a scout for a major NFC team. He's had that job (over different franchises) for 20+ years

He never played NFL football he played Div 3 like me

a person can be knowledgeable about football without ever playing Pro  

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Win what? 9 games? That's possible. I've seen people looking at 15-2. Ridiculous. 

What do you have on the line? Your hope? therefore you aren't reliable either 

I guess no one's allowed to express opinions about the NFL unless they played in it. 

I actually went to school with a dude who is now a scout for a major NFC team. He's had that job (over different franchises) for 20+ years

Or you could have played qb professionally in the NFL and know absolutely nothing about the sport and have zero ability to evaluate the quarterback position 

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0012.jpeg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

10 wins should be this team's baseline expectation.  Anything less would indicate a failure.

JMO.

Of course you're allowed to say anything you want.

That doesn't free you from people being critical of what you say.

To circle back round and repeat:  I trust Rodgers view of how much motion he wants/needs to produce more than I trust your view, and so far you've given no reason to change that view.

Dude, we've been doing this for literally 20 years now.  We've had every discussion before, lol.

Your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate?

I played 1 day of D3 football. 

So clearly I know more than Saleh and can claim knowledge superiority, right?

"Be knowledgeable", Absolutely.

But you're simply not more knowledgeable than Aaron Rodgers is Bit. 

Sorry bro.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But you're simply not more knowledgeable than Aaron Rodgers is Bit. 

Sorry bro.

I'm not more knowledgeable 

But I might be more honest 

What's arod going to say "oh yeah this is a 3rd place in the division team" 

To clarify the scout and I played on the same team and were part of the same recruitment class. He was a teammate. 

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

as for the SB

yeah that would be nice 

unlikely 

LOL.  Literally just happened!

image.png

See what happens when you bring in a boss QB to a team with talent?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm not more knowledgeable 

But I might be more honest 

What's arod going to say "oh yeah this is a 3rd place in the division team" 

I think that is a level of cynicism I'm just not willing to drop to at this point, to declare Rodgers a liar, and that Rodgers coming here was entirely a cynical cash grab only, that he thinks we actually suck cock but won't say it publicly, that he doesn't care at all about his legacy or his time here in terms of winning, that he's just here for the dollars, and more, disagrees about motion but is toeing some company line?  

I don't think you're more honest Bit, I think you're just negative, to the point where you cannot see anything as even potentially being positive or good.  Again, you're all but written off this year already, before seeing even a single preseason snap.  That's not healthy cynicism, that's just being negative to be negative.  A "doesn't matter anyway" mindset.

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

To clarify the scout and I played on the same team and were part of the same recruitment class. He was a teammate. 

Dude.

It was a Space Balls quote man.  A joke. 

Work with me old friend, work with me here.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think that is a level of cynicism I'm just not willing to drop to at this point, to declare Rodgers a liar, and that Rodgers coming here was entirely a cynical cash grab only, that he thinks we actually suck cock but won't say it publicly, that he doesn't care at all about his legacy or his time here in terms of winning, that he's just here for the dollars, and more, disagrees about motion but is toeing some company line?  

Rodgers did not need to go anywhere to get his cash.  It was guaranteed.  If he wanted to, he could have just showed up at Lambeau in time for the first game and collected his check.  You are right.  There is no level of cynicism that explains Rodgers coming here only for the money because it makes no sense. 

I think he wanted to do the professional football equivalent of getting with a new girl for the rush.  Hopefully the love will last 2-3 years.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Considering who the coach is I don’t think it was Rodgers pushing that. The last guy who needs reps is Rodgers anyways. The “rehabbing” Wilson thing is obviously a crock though.

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Minicamp is 2 no tackling practices and a walkthrough.  The extra week of actual camp practices to prepare for the HOF game more than off sets that. 

Rodgers can still infuse people, what’s limited is organized activities between players and coaches. 

Normally after minicamp the coaches and front office go on vacation so a lot of veterans will probably leave too.  I’d expect Rodgers will go back to California for a while. 

so after tomorrow, I think things get real quiet around 1JD  

There could be a jets west out in California, that would allow extra infusion