OT:Holy smoke!

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

If you don’t know who behind it by now, then I don’t know what planet you from.  Wake up

I actually read they arrested a few people a week ago for starting fires....not much about it on the news tho so they can blame climate change.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is really bad. My wife is a bit compromised from her cancer treatments. So we are just hanging inside. Insanity though.

You should look into the turkey tail mushroom treatment and fasting.

17 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Just confirming, we’re holding our breaths, but we’re still here

I live in southwestern Ontario (about two hours from Detroit border), and things are okay here.  Toronto, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be fairing so well.

Hazy skies from wildfire smoke are blanketing Toronto. Here's what you  should know | CBC News

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

You may be a fan, but no chance you're thankful about it.

Yes.  I'm thankful to be a Mets fan.

I never, ever wanted to be associated with that bandwagon, pretentious, spoiled brat fanbase you call your own.  I'll gladly and proudly take my lumps with the "lesser" franchise than think being a Yankee fan ensures I'm a better person than anyone else like so, so many of you do.  

Take your condescension to the Yankee containment thread in the baseball forum, Starch Boy.  

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  I'm thankful to be a Mets fan.

I never, ever wanted to be associated with that bandwagon, pretentious, spoiled brat fanbase you call your own.  I'll gladly and proudly take my lumps with the "lesser" franchise than think being a Yankee fan ensures I'm a better person than anyone else like so, so many of you do.  

Take your condescension to the Yankee containment thread in the baseball forum, Starch Boy.  

This is so sad it's actually adorable.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

You may be a fan, but no chance you're thankful about it.

As I said, I am as are millions of others.  
 Yankee fans seem to have an issue with for some unknown reason.

• Haha 1

Yesterday in my area of Syracuse, NY we had the worst air quality in all of New York State. It was in the "hazardous" range. The air quality index goes from 0 to 500 and yesterday afternoon we we're 438 compared to 235 for New York City. Right now we're at 160 which is in the "unhealthy" range. 

20 hours ago, JohnJ said:

NY1 news anchor was looking for mandates this afternoon lol

Not suprising...they miss them lol

Seriously though, wtf in the world is going on with Canada... dont want to get political, but wow, people vote for weird things I guess.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Ruby2 said:

Not suprising...they miss them lol

Seriously though, wtf in the world is going on with Canada...dont want to get political, but wow, people vote for weird things I guess.

We all voted to be in favor of wildfires?  Why was I not told!?!?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We all voted to be in favor of wildfires?  Why was I not told!?!?

By no means an expert in canadian politics, and dont want to kill the thread, but there has been quite a lot of disturbing stuff going on over there over the past three years.

Didnt mean to offend you fish, still love you guys.

Haven't read the whole thread and I'm catching bits and pieces of news out here in the West.  I'm supposed to fly my daughter back east and drop her off in NJ to spend a few weeks working at a campground with her cousins.  Starting to have second thoughts.  Is this expected to get sustainably better any time in the next 1-2 weeks?  Or, is it looking like it will vary from week to week depending on the weather and wind patterns, and maybe last for months?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Haven't read the whole thread and I'm catching bits and pieces of news out here in the West.  I'm supposed to fly my daughter back east and drop her off in NJ to spend a few weeks working at a campground with her cousins.  Starting to have second thoughts.  Is this expected to get sustainably better any time in the next 1-2 weeks?  Or, is it looking like it will vary from week to week depending on the weather and wind patterns, and maybe last for months?

Thanks.

NYC today isn't that bad, I think the worst smoke is over south jersey, eastern pa, philly/baltimore/ dc now. Today is kinda comparable to a humid summer day, just without the humidity.

What ive read so far is that they think the majority of it will be outta here by Sunday, but its tough to predict so they arent exactly sure.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Yesterday in my area of Syracuse, NY we had the worst air quality in all of New York State. It was in the "hazardous" range. The air quality index goes from 0 to 500 and yesterday afternoon we we're 438 compared to 235 for New York City. Right now we're at 160 which is in the "unhealthy" range. 

Isn't that what it normally is in Syracuse? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Humans starting fires is commonplace. The size and time of year of the fires is unprecedented. Nornally Quebec is wetter and cooler. Warming temps and lack of rain have dried out the forests  and made them tinderboxes.  So, yeah, climate change. Unless of course mother nature is part of the Canadian deep state... :)

Climate change activists have been arrested in both California and Australian in the past few years for terrorism starting these types of fires...but yeah we should probably ban gas stoves and eat crickets just to be safe....but don't worry Leonardo Dicaprio and AOC will still be flying around the world on their private jets eating steak.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Humans starting fires is commonplace. The size and time of year of the fires is unprecedented. Nornally Quebec is wetter and cooler. Warming temps and lack of rain have dried out the forests  and made them tinderboxes.  So, yeah, climate change. Unless of course mother nature is part of the Canadian deep state... :)

Cute post but apparently you're not familiar with a little program called Infowars. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

By no means an expert in canadian politics, and dont want to kill the thread, but there has been quite a lot of disturbing stuff going on over there over the past three years.

Didnt mean to offend you fish, still love you guys.

No you didn't offend me.  And yes there is some bizarre and ridiculous stuff, but unfortunately for many (including me) the current bizarre stuff is preferable to the alternative.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No you didn't offend me.  And yes there is some bizarre and ridiculous stuff, but unfortunately for many (including me) the current bizarre stuff is preferable to the alternative.

Kinda the same thing going on here.

9 minutes ago, undertow said:

Climate change activists have been arrested in both California and Australian in the past few years for terrorism starting these types of fires...but yeah we should probably ban gas stoves and eat crickets just to be safe....but don't worry Leonardo Dicaprio and AOC will still be flying around the world on their private jets eating steak.

Except the fires would normally be much more contained under previous climate conditions. The effect is the more important variable in this instance not the cause, even if supposed terrorists are setting the fires. But if you're influenced by Infowars there's no point in having a rational discussion

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, undertow said:

What exactly are you arguing here?  That climate change is not causing the air quality issues?  The high temperatures and year long drought in Canada have made fires that are normal for this time of year 12X larger.  So while people may have caused some of the fires (most were set by lightning), the magnitude of the fires is exacerbated by climate change. I've lived in this area my entire 60+ year life and have never ever experienced anything close to yesterday's air quality.

Are you going to make the space laser claim next?  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1