NY Jets OTA Recap; Robert Saleh Cancels Minicamp

Aaron Rodgers

On the week’s episode of JetNation Radio, our NY Jets Podcast, Glenn Naughton breaks down more of Robert Saleh’s press conferences. With minicamp officially canceled you will want to check out our NY Jets OTA recap. Next up is training camp. While we wait for dates and the official announcement Glenn discusses some player pressers including Carl Lawson and C.J. Mosley. He also discusses the comments about Will McDonald and what he can provide as a rookie.

Special thank you to our sponsor, MILE Social, a digital marketing agency.

Our NY Jets Podcast can now be found on Spotify and Amazon Music. Also, please be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play. Here is some more information on how you can find us online.

The post NY Jets OTA Recap; Robert Saleh Cancels Minicamp appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saw ZR with the article today saying Mims has been absent for the last week.

Wasn’t he present initially?

Why would he leave?  I think the dream is officially over.  He had somewhere else to be?

Whether he has been there or not, he was never mentioned, at least not that I recall.  You would think he would see this as a last chance.  Do everything he can to build some rapport with Rodgers and have AR supporting him for the 5/6 WR spot.  Instead, Rodgers shouted out young guys like Brownlee and Gipson, but no mention of Denzel. 

I have been a big Mims fan since he was drafted.  I thought he was grossly misused and underused by MLF these past two seasons.  And I guess he can still do something to claim a roster spot in training camp.  But the dream is dying.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Whether he has been there or not, he was never mentioned, at least not that I recall.  You would think he would see this as a last chance.  Do everything he can to build some rapport with Rodgers and have AR supporting him for the 5/6 WR spot.  Instead, Rodgers shouted out young guys like Brownlee and Gipson, but no mention of Denzel. 

I have been a big Mims fan since he was drafted.  I thought he was grossly misused and underused by MLF these past two seasons.  And I guess he can still do something to claim a roster spot in training camp.  But the dream is dying.

Read a thing last year that Mims simply isn’t cut out for the West Coast/McVay-type offense and would have a better shot in a more vertical passing game. Could be that Mims simply wants to get out of here and onto, like, Dallas or Tampa where he’d fit in better. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Read a thing last year that Mims simply isn’t cut out for the West Coast/McVay-type offense and would have a better shot in a more vertical passing game. Could be that Mims simply wants to get out of here and onto, like, Dallas or Tampa where he’d fit in better. 

Clearly he was a square peg that they were trying to fit into a round hole.  But still, when we saw Elijah Moore running go routes in 2021 with Denzel on the bench, it made no sense.  He may not be cut our for the offense we were installing, but then either trade him while he would have had some value, or find a way to use him, even if in a limited role.  Not absolving Mims of any blame as he seemed to struggle picking up the offense and has not appeared to be all in on the Jets either. 

Just a strange three year odyssey for a guy who I am still convinced has the talent to be a solid NFL WR.  But that probably needs to happen somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Clearly he was a square peg that they were trying to fit into a round hole.  But still, when we saw Elijah Moore running go routes in 2021 with Denzel on the bench, it made no sense.  He may not be cut our for the offense we were installing, but then either trade him while he would have had some value, or find a way to use him, even if in a limited role.  Not absolving Mims of any blame as he seemed to struggle picking up the offense and has not appeared to be all in on the Jets either. 

Just a strange three year odyssey for a guy who I am still convinced has the talent to be a solid NFL WR.  But that probably needs to happen somewhere else.

I still don't understand why (it at least seems like) coaches are inflexible.  Shouldn't a coach adjust his scheme to fit his players?  And if not, then why not bring in a coach who is comfortable with a scheme that would work for his players?

Is football really that complicated (and it might be!) or are these guys just overthinking things?  Not saying that sarcastically either.