Zach Wilson takes a shot at Little Flower

Bronx

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Many a conflicted poster on this site right now.

"I hate Zach Wilson and he stinks, but I also came out against LaFleur and said he stinks as well!!!  What do I do?  What do I do??????????"

Maybe. Of course many other posters said MLF sucks, failed to develop the QB, as well as matching an offense to him. ZW had to be pulled once the product on the field wasn't there and it became obvious the HC was going to allow the OC the crash the season to run his offense instead of adapting.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"I hate Zach Wilson and he stinks, but I also came out against LaFleur and said he stinks as well!!!  What do I do?  What do I do??????????"

If there's anything I've learned as a Jets fan it's that there can be more than one sh*tty person at a time involved in losses.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Mike LaFleur might very well stink but its apparent that Zach does not handle tough love well and wanted the change to an OC who will coddle him.

Good news for him is he got his wish - Martini Nate Hackett is a players coach and that guy.

Now its on Zach to show us in training camp and the preseason that MLF was a major reason why he looked like a generational bust the last 2 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Left out the rest of Zach’s comments where he called MLF a good coach that he knows will do really well in LA.  However the exact wording went. 
He can’t praise the new staff without some reading between the lines and turn it into a slight on the old staff.  There’s a whole thread on Zach’s presser, complete with the link to the video and not one single person here thought he was dissing MLF.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Hackett is very much a player's coach. The former Denver Broncos head coach is active and energetic on the sideline, and he isn't afraid to shower his players with praise and appreciation. That's never been LaFleur's calling card.

Zach Wilson’s college coach put the starting QB job up for grabs before Zach Wilson’s junior year because he was an accountability-free, me-first douchebag. Zach Wilson was not voted a Captain by his own teammates at BYU. Him choosing to blame someone else because he was one of history’s worst QBs is not at all surprising. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Left out the rest of Zach’s comments where he called MLF a good coach that he knows will do really well in LA.  However the exact wording went. 
He can’t praise the new staff without some reading between the lines and turn it into a slight on the old staff.  There’s a whole thread on Zach’s presser, complete with the link to the video and not one single person here thought he was dissing MLF.  

He wasn’t.  Classy interview the whole way.   The question was a trap to bring this out but it’s a deserved diss for MiLF in the end.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

They are mutually exclusive and can both be correct positions to take.

Backup QB's should be seen, rarely, and never, ever heard.

Shush Zach, and get back to focusing on salvaging your all-time-bust-as-of-today level NFL career.

Blaming MLF is just another version of his previous "No, not my fault" lack of responsibility-taking.

Not a good sign that he's learned anything.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Backup QB's should be seen, rarely, and never, ever heard.

Shush Zach, and get back to focusing on salvaging your all-time-bust-as-of-today level NFL career.

Blaming MLF is just another version of his previous "No, not my fault" lack of responsibility-taking.

Not a good sign that he's learned anything.

Except he didn’t blame MLF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alex G said:

Mike LaFleur might very well stink but its apparent that Zach does not handle tough love well and wanted the change to an OC who will coddle him.

Good news for him is he got his wish - Martini Nate Hackett is a players coach and that guy.

Now its on Zach to show us in training camp and the preseason that MLF was a major reason why he looked like a generational bust the last 2 years.

And that’s fine. Zach has got to prove he can play qb at a high level. From what I can tell the jets are doing everything they can to help him succeed.  There isn’t going to be deflecting responsibility now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

This is nothing more than the dull days of June creating click paranoia by the media ... I saw the interview ... He said MLF needed a change and hopes and thinks he will do well ... And he praised the new staff and Rodgers ...

Stir that pot of sh*t bitches ... Stir it good

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I just wish Zach came out with the truth.   We were shocked we were picked two overall.  If I’m a bust now it’s because you picked me two (where I clearly did not belong).  At least you didn’t have to trade three firsts for me like trey lance.  Next time don’t draft developmental prospects who played no good competition until the third round.  Then I wouldn’t be a bust. 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson’s college coach put the starting QB job up for grabs before Zach Wilson’s junior year because he was an accountability-free, me-first douchebag. Zach Wilson was not voted a Captain by his own teammates at BYU. Him choosing to blame someone else because he was one of history’s worst QBs is not at all surprising. 

Plus I heard none of his teammates showed up at his birthday party 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I just wish Zach came out with the truth.   We were shocked we were picked two overall.  If I’m a bust now it’s because you picked me two (where I clearly did not belong).  At least you didn’t have to trade three firsts for me like trey lance.  Next time don’t draft developmental prospects who played no good competition until the third round.  Then I wouldn’t be a bust. 

He wasn’t shocked, pretty much everybody had him as the 2nd QB going that year.  
Let’s not rewrite history.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach still an entitled douchenozzle blaming everyone else for him stinking

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach still an entitled douchenozzle blaming everyone else for him stinking

List all the people he’s blamed.  Don’t start with MLF because he didn’t blame him for anything, he actually praised him if you listen to the presser, it was posted here.  Of course no one cares about a presser where he was humble and took blame