Jump to content

Zach Wilson takes a shot at Little Flower


Bronx

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson’s college coach put the starting QB job up for grabs before Zach Wilson’s junior year because he was an accountability-free, me-first douchebag. Zach Wilson was not voted a Captain by his own teammates at BYU. Him choosing to blame someone else because he was one of history’s worst QBs is not at all surprising. 

Did Zach take your lunch money from you in elementary school?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ummmmmm it was a press conference so yea yea Zach was going to answer questions, he did and many players didn’t get along with Mike Lafleur.  

His comments have to be looked at in the context that he also said positive things about LeFleur as well, but Lefleur had a problem with players…..

Why I even heard that one player actually threatened Lefleur, can you imagine that!  

Zach’s comments were interesting here but hardly shocking or out of line here.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm it was a press conference so yea yea Zach was going to answer questions, he did and many players didn’t get along with Mike Lafleur.  

His comments have to be looked at in the context that he also said positive things about LeFleur as well, but Lefleur had a problem with players…..

Why I even heard that one player actually threatened Lefleur, can you imagine that!  

Zach’s comments were interesting here but hardly shocking or out of line here.  

And nowhere did he blame MLF for his struggles.  He blamed himself, he owned up to his struggles admitted he was disappointed by the way he played

Read the title of the thread

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And nowhere did he blame MLF for his struggles.  He blamed himself, he owned up to his struggles admitted he was disappointed by the way he played

I saw that too!

Wilson was relaxed and accountable in that presser and was complimentary of the new staff.  

This is hardly crazy talk from Zach Wilson, people have to acknowledge that Lafleur wasn’t demoted but let go, so there is that as well. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

List all the people he’s blamed.  Don’t start with MLF because he didn’t blame him for anything, he actually praised him if you listen to the presser, it was posted here.  Of course no one cares about a presser where he was humble and took blame 

You mean the presser when he scored zero points against an average patriots defense at home and said he didn’t let the team down?  Very humble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Who is number 2 on the depth chart behind the 40 year old qb coming off a thumb injury?

1.  Games starting this week?

2.  How many games did Rodgers miss with that thumb?  He hasn’t missed a game in 5 seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You mean the presser when he scored zero points against an average patriots defense at home and said he didn’t let the team down?  Very humble.

Yes I do.  We all know that was a bad look.  He did apologize to the team, admitted to all later that he was wrong.  
What does that have to do with him taking a shot at MLF, when he clearly didn’t and where he was totally humble and owned up to his disappointing play the last two seasons?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

How many games did Brett Favre miss before coming here?

How many teams aren’t F’d if their starting QB goes down.  Again, games starting this weekend?

Favre didn’t miss a game here either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many teams aren’t F’d if their starting QB goes down.  Again, games starting this weekend?

Favre didn’t miss a game here either. 

A very poor reason to throw up hands and say “Welp, QB2 is pointless.”

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

people have to acknowledge that Lafleur wasn’t demoted but let go, so there is that as well. 

Let go by a defensive HC who has done nothing of substance in the NFL.  Replaced by a former HC who didn't call plays in Green Bay but did call them in Denver and was canned in his first year.

Lefleur was also rehired by a HC who is widely considered a top 3 offensive HC in the NFL at a parrallel position.  

Whatever happened to Lefleur in NY had a lot to do with a team decision from the GM down to start Zach from day 1.  Granted the hiring of Lefleur with a rookie HC based on his resume was nuts but hey he was the HC best friends little brother to justify it.  

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

List all the people he’s blamed.  Don’t start with MLF because he didn’t blame him for anything, he actually praised him if you listen to the presser, it was posted here.  Of course no one cares about a presser where he was humble and took blame 

It's  kind of funny the way you are giving him props about being humble now. Did being ranked the worst or second to worst QB in the NFL humble him? Can't  say it did. Did throwing balls over the head or into the dirt multiple times to open receivers humble him? Don't think so. Did running around lime a headless chicken behind the LOS humble him? Nope? But now that je was benched and replaced with Aaron Rodgers, Zach is a humble player. This is why I used a face palm gift to describe my reaction to reading this.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  kind of funny the way you are giving him props about being humble now. Did being ranked the worst or second to worst QB in the NFL humble him? Can't  say it did. Did throwing balls over the head or into the dirt multiple times to open receivers humble him? Don't think so. Did running around lime a headless chicken behind the LOS humble him? Nope? But now that je was benched and replaced with Aaron Rodgers, Zach is a humble player. This is why I used a face palm gift to describe my reaction to reading this.  

Why do we care if Zach is humbled or not?  Personally I would prefer he was a self centered egomaniac who wasn't self aware and could ball. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jgb said:

A very poor reason to throw up hands and say “Welp, QB2 is pointless.”

Never have said it was.  But bringing up Favre has nothing to do with anything.  I agree, Rodgers gets hurt and misses a few games with a more competent QB2 we may survive.  I’m hoping they bring someone in too.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  kind of funny the way you are giving him props about being humble now. Did being ranked the worst or second to worst QB in the NFL humble him? Can't  say it did. Did throwing balls over the head or into the dirt multiple times to open receivers humble him? Don't think so. Did running around lime a headless chicken behind the LOS humble him? Nope? But now that je was benched and replaced with Aaron Rodgers, Zach is a humble player. This is why I used a face palm gift to describe my reaction to reading this.  

You missed the presser or didn’t pay attention to it.  Have no idea what you’re arguing.  He said he was bad, he said the two seasons didn’t go  as planned.  You can face palm me, the author and whoever else you want.  The simple point was he was humble in his comments.  There’s a whole thread on this, you can face palm 3, 4 pages of people who listened to it. 
Youre too tiring 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Never have said it was.  But bringing up Favre has nothing to do with anything.  I agree, Rodgers gets hurt and misses a few games with a more competent QB2 we may survive.  I’m hoping they bring someone in too.  

No, I got where you were going and was reinforcing your point :) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Classic Jets apologist playbook.

1) It is way too early to say that

2) It is too early to say that

3) It is a little early to say that

4) Haven't we been this to death already?

5) You guys are all obsessed with this

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach did praise the new staff by stating the following: "organized", "they know what they're doing", "it's fun"; perhaps a direct indictment on Saleh as well. We shouldn't let the HC slip-out innocently just because savior Rodgers is on the team. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Classic Jets apologist playbook.

1) It is way too early to say that

2) It is too early to say that

3) It is a little early to say that

4) Haven't we been this to death already?

5) You guys are all obsessed with this

6) You’re just a hater

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You missed the presser or didn’t pay attention to it.  Have no idea what you’re arguing.  He said he was bad, he said the two seasons didn’t go  as planned.  You can face palm me, the author and whoever else you want.  The simple point was he was humble in his comments.  There’s a whole thread on this, you can face palm 3, 4 pages of people who listened to it. 
Youre too tiring 

Ok, I don't  have ot in me to rewrite what I wrote so you can understand. You don't  need to write ypu perfectly understand me. That is just wasting more time. 

  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, EM31 said:

Classic Jets apologist playbook.

1) It is way too early to say that

2) It is too early to say that

3) It is a little early to say that

4) Haven't we been this to death already?

5) You guys are all obsessed with this

The jury is still out.  We had Mike LaFleur last season it was all his fault and the offensive line.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Haven’t we seen this movie before?  Before the 1999 season “oh who cares if Parcells got rid of Foley”

The Zach crew is using the fact that if we lose Rodgers for the season we are toast to say it doesn’t cost us anything to just let Zach be QB2. They are ignoring the circumstance where we lose Rodgers for a few quarters or a game or two. A steady, unflashy QB2 is a huge need for us. Especially in this division where making playoffs could hinge on one extra win.

I’m a fan of QB2 being a young, high upside guy when the team isn’t expected to make the playoffs. But for a team with such high expectations, steady is the factor most desired in QB2. I think they are worried bringing in another guy puts Zach that much further away from potentially vindicating them on a messageboard.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

The Zach crew is using the fact that if we lose Rodgers for the season we are toast to say it doesn’t cost us anything to just let Zach be QB2. They are ignoring the circumstance where we lose Rodgers for a few quarters or a game or two. A steady, unflashy QB2 is a huge need for us. Especially in this division where making playoffs could hinge on one extra win.

I’m a fan of QB2 being a young, high upside guy when the team isn’t expected to make the playoffs. But for a team with such high expectations, steady is the factor most desired in QB2. I think they are worried bringing in another guy puts Zach that much further away from potentially vindicating them on a messageboard.

The Wilson die-hards still think he has FQB potential.  Aaron Rodgers getting a season ending injury will make the Buttfumble look like nothing

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The Wilson die-hards still think he has FQB potential.  Aaron Rodgers getting a season ending injury will make the Buttfumble look like nothing

His most stalwart defenders say the Jets rushed him onto the field before he was ready, which is the reason he played poorly and thus needs a reset. Yet, they want him QB2 and ready to go into the game as early as Week 1.  If Zach goes in and stinks this season, his diehards will say “Jets screwed up yet another attempt to rebuild him by not signing a JAG backup. Idiots!”

Crystal Ball Wizard GIF by Verohallinto

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2023 at 1:54 PM, Biggs said:

Did Zach take your lunch money from you in elementary school?

He stole a lot more than that with the amount of time and money jets fans paid to watch him suck the last two years 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

He stole a lot more than that with the amount of time and money jets fans paid to watch him suck the last two years 

Didn't you get the memo?  We have the best young GM and HC in the NFL.  They couldn't have drafted and played Zach Wilson.  It's simple doesn't match the narative.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...