James Robinson released by the Patriots

Bronx

49 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Had him in fantasy that year he was a steal.  I don’t think I even drafted him he was a waiver wire guy

Yep.  He needed an Etienne injury and then a move up the depth chart before he gained fantasy value.  He was essentially established as the RB1a/committee leader a few days leading up to the start of the season.

I only had him on my radar at that time, and picked him up prior to Week 1, because of @Paradis and @RoadFan talking him up.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Tooooon said:

Fair enough.  But OP made a comment that JD deserves some kind of credit for recognizing Robinson stinks.  He deserves no such credit.  

He said good call for dumping him.  The OP is right. 

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

5th in the NFL in rushing yardage as a rookie in 2020 and folks want to act like JD got clowned.  Over a 6th.  

It was a wise risk/reward move. Too much ex post facto analysis here.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

ok JD whiffed on a 6th rounder. Now we have a Superbowl contender. Should we cry about the 6th?

No, we shouldn't cry about a 6th rounder, but it could have been worse.  If Robinson would have gotten another 200 yards rushing, it would have changed to a 5th round draft pick for the Jaguars.  That would have been a steal for the Jaguars if that happened.  Fortunately, the Jets shelved him so he never got the opportunity to grind out another 200 yards.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  He needed an Etienne injury and then a move up the depth chart before he gained fantasy value.  He was essentially established as the RB1a/committee leader a few days leading up to the start of the season.

I only had him on my radar at that time, and picked him up prior to Week 1, because of @Paradis and @RoadFan talking him up.

And then Urban benched him for no reason

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Ridiculous waste of a pick by the Fat Man, every Jets fan

knew Bam showed enough in the summer to deserve the

opportunity

But now the Jets need to drop $10 million on Cook because the RB room is not good enough to bring Hall along a bit slowly early in the season?  Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but only if it used to inform future decisions as well.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

No, we shouldn't cry about a 6th rounder, but it could have been worse.  If Robinson would have gotten another 200 yards rushing, it would have changed to a 5th round draft pick for the Jaguars.  That would have been a steal for the Jaguars if that happened.  Fortunately, the Jets shelved him so he never got the opportunity to grind out another 200 yards.

If you really want to kill JD, kill him for Zach. The “OMG he traded a 6th for Robinson after we lost Breece!” is a nothingburger.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

And then Urban benched him for no reason

Now Urban was an actual example of a coach holding players back. Dude was an epic clown. Hence why I was optimistic about Trevor but not Zach after year 1 — to much howling from the Navuoo Legion for “hypocrisy.”

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Tooooon said:

JD doesn’t get pat on the back for that awful trade.  

This

I was wondering why fan bases of other teams didn't understand the JD hype from Jet fans but now i see it. 

Dudes are so insecure about this team they constantly scrape the bottom of the barrel for any morsel of praise. 

Regardless of anything JD still has a losing record as GM and still has lots to prove. 

PS sign Q you fat bastard, the market is set WTF is the wait for??? Its inexcusable at this point 

• More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

This

I was wondering why fan bases of other teams didn't understand the JD hype from Jet fans but now i see it. 

Dudes are so insecure about this team they constantly scrape the bottom of the barrel for any morsel of praise. 

Regardless of anything JD still has a losing record as GM and still has lots to prove. 

PS sign Q you fat bastard, the market is set WTF is the wait for??? Its inexcusable at this point 

Mac went 10-6 and won GM of the year in 2015. How did that work out for the Jets and the franchise?  A one year winning season blip doesn't make for a good GM when it comes at the expense of building long term success.  That is my major issue with those on this board that want to go all out for a one year run at a SB.  What happens if the Jets fall short?  Another 5-10 years of misery.  That's not the way to build a team and run a franchise..

• Upvote 1