New England tried to trade for Rodgers, but he said NO

I don't know if this is true - I lean that it's just Carton trying to get attention - but regardless, Aaron Rodgers was never going to work for BB.

The hippy-dippy QB and the Nazi HC would be a match made in Hell.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Craig Carton tho

This.

Never in the history of ever did a New England beat writer, beat podcaster or anyone anywhere in-between ever pass on a chance to try and speak a rumor into existence.  Absolutely none of them have said anything about this.  None.  None of them have said anything on this 'rumor' and this is after the winter of discontent when half of them took every opportunity to crap on Mac.  

Could it have happened in 2020 when the Patriots had a crap ton of cap space?  Sure.  Since?  No way.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

I believe that the only place Rodgers would have accepted a trade was to NY.  He wasn't going somewhere where he would have to learn a new system and wouldn't be the defacto O Coordinator. 

The stars aligned for us. 

Does anyone think Rodgers would want to be under the thumb of a Coach like Bellichek?

You're 100% spot on, Rodgers is here because it's a system he knows, with a Coach he loves personally, where he will get a ton of power to decide and guide the offense without a Head Coach micromanaging him.

Also, doing well as a Pat does nothing for his legacy, because Bellichek.

Doing well here, or gets to/wins a Super Bowl here, that's a massive legacy builder for him.

No way would he have considered the Pats, lol.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Does anyone think Rodgers would want to be under the thumb of a Coach like Bellichek?

You're 100% spot on, Rodgers is here because it's a system he knows, with a Coach he loves personally, where he will get a ton of power to decide and guide the offense without a Head Coach micromanaging him.

Also, doing well as a Pat does nothing for his legacy, because Bellichek.

Doing well here, or gets to/wins a Super Bowl here, that's a massive legacy builder for him.

No way would he have considered the Pats, lol.

BB himself is probably self aware enough to know not to pickup the phone on that.   

• Upvote 2

Rodgers, who say whatever you want about, and there is a lot to say, has always been honest. He said multiple times the only place he would go to is the Jets.

Carton, has almost never been honest.

The internet was a mistake, so was sports radio. Definitely sports radio in the internet age.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Pac said:

I believe that the only place Rodgers would have accepted a trade was to NY.  He wasn't going somewhere where he would have to learn a new system and wouldn't be the defacto O Coordinator. 

The stars aligned for us. 

Rodgers saw first hand our defense last year pound him and his o-line.  That’s what sold him to us

2 hours ago, tfine said:

I can’t stand this guy. Didn’t he also say San Fran was in the mix? Listening to garbage like this just makes you appreciate the Steve Somers of the world..when sports talk was good and informative and not trying to make it like some WWE storyline

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I only listen to Tiki and Tierney and yankee broadcasts on wfan.  The rest of their programming is unlistenable