U.S. Open - Golf - 2023

Major season has been juicy w/ LIV players dominating the leader boards but things just got much much much more interesting after hypocrite Jay Monahan screwed a bunch of dudes over.  This is going to be very interesting.  Some fantastic groups to start the tournament off, a few I'll be trying to follow.

I aint F'ing around this time.  I'm taking Brooks.  He's the killer in the field.   I also like Homa though since he holds the course record amd Morikawa knows this course intimately, as well as X-Man.  All the Cali kids should have an advantage.  I think Cantlay held the course record before Homa broke it. 

11:02 - Rose, Fowler, Day, Connors, 

11:13 - Morikawa, Homa, Scheffler. Kuchar

11:24: Dahman, X-Man, Hovland, Rahm. 

and then at 4:30 it's going to be a ridiculous group of golfers out there at the same time.

The course look amazing, not as tight as some Open's we've seen, so I think this will really open the field up as well.

Who you got? 

lmfao - these threads always catch up on the weekend.  
How's your game, what's your handi? 
I suck at golf but I appreciate it. Been to the Open when it was at Winged Foot. I also followed Freddie in a Seniors event at the Westchester. That was a lot of fun.

On 6/15/2023 at 7:45 AM, JiF said:

I aint F'ing around this time.  I'm taking Brooks.  He's the killer in the field. 

9 strokes out is tough to claw back from! I think DJ has a good chance to make a move. Really hoping Ricky can finally break through but I don't think he has the game to do it. "X" can win it and finally I would love to see RORY get the win (even tho' a foreigner) after all he's done to support PGA. He got hosed!!

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
5 hours ago, JiF said:
lmfao - these threads always catch up on the weekend.  
How's your game, what's your handi? 

I suck at golf but I appreciate it. Been to the Open when it was at Winged Foot. I also followed Freddie in a Seniors event at the Westchester. That was a lot of fun.

Sick, that would be a fun course to walk and watch those guys attack.  

36 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

9 strokes out is tough to claw back from! I think DJ has a good chance to make a move. Really hoping Ricky can finally break through but I don't think he has the game to do it. "X" can win it and finally I would love to see RORY get the win (even tho' a foreigner) after all he's done to support PGA. He got hosed!!

Boozer, I'm the absolute worst picker of golfers in majors.  The worst.  My track record is horrible.  lol

Ricky is probably my favorite golfer on the tour and I'm stoked for him.  Even if he doesnt keep it up, just an awesome example of resilence to get back to this stage.  A couple of cool story lines this year like that, Ricky, Jason Day, Brooks back at majors form, etc. 

And yes, I'm pulling for Rory.  Cant imagine how betrayed he feels.

51 minutes ago, JiF said:

And yes, I'm pulling for Rory.  Cant imagine how betrayed he feels.

I will always root first for players representing the United States. That said, Rory is the only international player I can think of right now that I would openly root for to win a major on US soil over aIS player  

I really hope he wins that green jacket to finish his career grand slam

16 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Congratulations to Wyndham Clark. Stared down McIlroy and held him off the last 9 holes.

Poor Ricky… spit the bit yet again! Scotty is the most consistent golfer since Tiger. He’s been in every match the past two years. Great Pro.

Great Sunday for sure! 

Hard watching Ricky choke like that but glad he's back in the mix. 

On 6/19/2023 at 3:10 PM, JiF said:

Great Sunday for sure! 

Hard watching Ricky choke like that but glad he's back in the mix. 

Yes… similar to Jordan Spieth. Totally lost their confidence/game but one good tournament started him on the path to redemption.

Speaking of a player needing a rebirth… Bryson is a total head case! Put on 50 lbs. of muscle and no matter where you hit it, just be long… now he’s dropped the weight after it destroyed his game (apart from the US Open in 2020). What a ponce! No wonder Koepka hates the guy.

• Upvote 1