The Club Med Circus in Buffalo

slats

From PFT:

The Bills’ drama-filled minicamp has come to an early close.

Buffalo ended its minicamp after two days today, rather than continuing it as planned to include tomorrow’s scheduled third day. And with that, the Bills are off for more than a month, when training camp opens.

The Bills’ minicamp will be remembered for the bizarre drama that unfolded with wide receiver Stefon Diggs. Bills head coach Sean McDermott said before Tuesday’s minicamp practice that he was “very concerned” with Diggs, who wasn’t there. But on Wednesday, McDermott changed his tune, saying that Diggs’ absence from Tuesday’s practice had been excused, and they were in a great spot.

It’s still not clear what was going on with Diggs yesterday, or how it got resolved today, but no one on the Bills will be obligated to answer reporters’ questions until the Bills open training camp. And the biggest question will be whether Diggs is on the field for the first day of practice.

I'm not sure I understand - the Bills are a circus because they have a diva WR who is angry about God knows what?

Did the Jets have a circus last year because Elijah Moore acted like a baby? Or did they just have one of the seemingly countless diva WRs the NFL has to offer? Seemed like we had a good locker room, all things considered. 

IDK, seems like folks are making too much of this. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not sure I understand - the Bills are a circus because they have a diva WR who is angry about God knows what?

Did the Jets have a circus last year because Elijah Moore acted like a baby? Or did they just have one of the seemingly countless diva WRs the NFL has to offer? Seemed like we had a good locker room, all things considered. 

It’s sarcasm aimed at the gloom trolls 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bills are going backwards.  Huge disappointment last year.  Will be even worse this year and everyone is getting fired at seasons end.

that sucks....this means the bills are probably winning it all, and will probably beat us in the playoffs

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

eh, not sure all of it is sarcasm. 

The headline of this post, I can promise you, is 100% sarcasm. In fact, being that this is a sports site, it might even be 110%. The rest was a direct copy & paste. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

The headline of this post, I can promise you, is 100% sarcasm. In fact, being that this is a sports site, it might even be 110%. The rest was a direct copy & paste. 

OK, I think I am reacting more to the board acting like the Bills are suddenly a 0.500 football team. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s sarcasm aimed at the gloom trolls 

it is? How'd did I miss that?  

Diggs is a diva.  Everyone has known that since his Viking days.  No surprise there.   All of a sudden there's a big whoop over his divaism moment.  That's just lame.  Bills and Dolphins are good teams and the Pats will sneak a few wins as well.  AFC East is one f'ing tough division with a lot of stars.  It's going to be tight, Diggs' mini soap opera notwithstanding.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

it is? How'd did I miss that?  

Diggs is a diva.  Everyone has known that since his Viking days.  No surprise there.   All of a sudden there's a big whoop over his divaism moment.  That's just lame.  Bills and Dolphins are good teams and the Pats will sneak a few wins as well.  AFC East is one f'ing tough division with a lot of stars.  It's going to be tight, Diggs' mini soap opera notwithstanding.

I don’t know how you missed it but it is. See above where the OP clearly states it. 

The hardest part about playing the Bills is Josh Allens rushing ability - but he can't keep up the pace he's been going. Last season 124 rushes for 762 yards 7 TDs and 55 first downs - and he does that every year. Unless he is superman or an alien he can't keep taking that kind of pounding that he's been taking for much longer without getting hurt or pounded to death. Without that rushing ability Allen is still a very good QB but not at the level he's at now when he runs 10 times a game. He's due for an injury. The Bills are gonna have to cut his rushes back and that will make him less effective. He will throw more picks. He doesn't try to avoid hits he tries to plow thru defenders. Thats got to start to wear on him right? 

9 hours ago, bicketybam said:
10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:
They'll be fine.  When you get top 3 QB play your team is always going to be very tough to beat.

What metric are you using for top 3 QB play because it isn't passer rating.

There are countless rankings having him in the top 3 - once in a while he drops to four...But overall he's considered a top 3 QB in the NFL:  I could probably list 10 of these...

When you have QB playing at his level your team will always be at the top of the league. 

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-qb-rankings/

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-nfl-quarterback-rankings-and-tiers

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-ranking-all-68-starting-quarterbacks-from-the-2022-nfl-season

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did you know, since entering the NFL, Josh Allen leads the league in turnovers?   80 turnovers in 5 years tied w/ Jared Goff.  If you shrink the sample size to 3 years, Josh Allen stands alone w/ 53 turnovers.  You may also have noticed during that 3 year stretch, Allen has regressed year over year, throwing for less TD's, less yards, lower comp % all the while, his turnover rate has increased.  Then you see how poorly he performed in the post season, more turnover than TD"s, below 60% comp, 10 pts vs. the Bengals, could barely beat a 3 string QB in RD 1, etc, you have to wonder, if Fido's equation of decline has determined that Rodgers is on the decline after 1 down season, I'm curious how that same equation has Josh Allen as a top 3 QB in the NFL.  

If you want to pretend Josh Allen is not an elite NFL QB I won't stop you.

They've won 13, 11 and 13 games the past three years in a league that is mostly all about the QB.  Do what you want with that information.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

16 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF