Craig Carton leaving WFAN

16 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I’m hot and cold about his radio show but am very glad he straightened his life out and leaving due to a better opportunity.

^^  this   😎          he'll be makin' more  $  😉

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

too little, too late.  

I haven't listened to that station in years (Carton being one of the many reasons why).  Not going back.

I'm the same.  Couldn't even hear his voice during promo's.

Made me learn about Podcasts - and there are just so many good Jet and sport podcasts WFAN is no longer relevant in any way for me.

• Upvote 3

At least Evan is a real fan. Goes to most of the games. Craig knows very little about sports. And wasn’t funny. Sure, can be happy he turned his life around but his ability to get sports gigs is dumbfounding. 

I like Keith and Licata isn’t bad. Probably one of those two will be Evans new partner. 

Never thought I would say this, but I miss Mike and the Mad Dog. That was must listen radio. Nothing comes close these days. 

Carton had a sweet deal at WFAN...

Top rated in radio afternoon drive...

Crushing the Michael Kaye show...

He could have done the job in his sleep and made some big bucks very soon (See Mike Francesa)...

But just like back in his gambling days, he just couldn't resist the "double or nothing"...

Now he has a ton of stress and pressure to make a so-far poorly rated TV show a hit to warrant his huge paycheck...

Hope this doesn't end badly...

6 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I feel like all sports radio I’ve listened to in the past few years has really kinda sucked. Carton is annoying. Tiki and teireny was very uninteresting. Michael Kay show is the absolute worst. 

Bart and Hahn was the only tolerable one imo. And that’s solely based on Bart Scott. 

I just cancelled Sirius because I saw they were charging me $31.99 a month. I guess my last promo ended. I am rarely in the car, so the kids talked me into the Spotify family plan. My $15 a month let's two kids cancel their $10 a month plan lol.

Anyhow I had to listen to normal radio for the first time in 100 years today. Then I saw this thread. I am so happy, I always found Carton to be insufferable even back to his NJ 101.5 days.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I just cancelled Sirius because I saw they were charging me $31.99 a month. I guess my last promo ended. I am rarely in the car, so the kids talked me into the Spotify family plan. My $15 a month let's two kids cancel their $10 a month plan lol.

Anyhow I had to listen to normal radio for the first time in 100 years today. Then I saw this thread. I am so happy, I always found Carton to be insufferable even back to his NJ 101.5 days.

Spotify is the way to go. You can download full albums and playlists. Downloading your playlists is awesome for when you don’t have service, don’t want to use your cell phone data or if you are on an airplane.

Outside of a handful of times of listening to sports radio,  I really haven’t listened to the radio in the last 10 years. Don’t miss it at all.

(oh and btw. now that you canceled Sirius they are going to mail you offers every month for the next year. If you want to go back to that, they will go all the way down to about 6$ a month lol. )