..WORST jets QB.. EVER

jtomm

The Worst Quarterback of All Time on Every NFL Team

New York Jets, Browning Nagle

The New York Jets have had their fair share of lousy quarterbacks. However, Browning Nagle is one of the worst. Nagle is infamously known for being selected one pick after superstar quarterback Brett Favre as the 34th overall pick in the second round of the 1991 NFL Draft.The University of Louisville product played one true season with the Jets in 1992. Things were looking bright in his debut for New York due to his passing game, but things began to look bleaker and bleaker for Nagle as the season went on. He posted a record of 3-13 and threw 17 interceptions.

>>  https://standardnews.com/worst-nfl-quarterbacks/25/

1 hour ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

I am pretty sure that for some odd reason or another I still have Nagle's Pro Set rookie card from 1991. 

I went through a phase where I collected rookie cards of the biggest ever NFL busts. Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus, etc. Can get their graded cards for like a buck fifty each on ebay lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

There have been so many it’s hard to find one that really stands out. As for nagle, I see him much the same way as Zach. He was thrown in without really being ready and just couldn’t figure it out. Who knows what he would’ve done had he sat for a couple of seasons. And don’t forget that idiot coslet was coach back then.

12 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Whats the name of that Alabama QB who got sacked like 15 times in a game. He was never the same after that.  LOL OMG he was just brutal McElroy was it or something.

Greg McElroy.  He landed on his feet as an analyst on college football when his very short NFL career ended.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jtomm said:

The Worst Quarterback of All Time on Every NFL Team

New York Jets, Browning Nagle

The New York Jets have had their fair share of lousy quarterbacks. However, Browning Nagle is one of the worst. Nagle is infamously known for being selected one pick after superstar quarterback Brett Favre as the 34th overall pick in the second round of the 1991 NFL Draft.The University of Louisville product played one true season with the Jets in 1992. Things were looking bright in his debut for New York due to his passing game, but things began to look bleaker and bleaker for Nagle as the season went on. He posted a record of 3-13 and threw 17 interceptions.

>>  https://standardnews.com/worst-nfl-quarterbacks/25/

Worst of all time?  Super athletic arm strength. Believe he threw for 300 yards in his first game. Had arguably are worst coach ever (Bruce Coslet) who didn't support him (and Blair Thomas for that matter), destroyed his confidence and he was eventually replaced by Boomer Easiason who Coslet coached in Cinnci. Coslet does not get enough credit for being such an awful head coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8US3R_R5RB0

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

Tebow.

End thread.

will always have a soft spot in my heart for Tebow  simply for the 10 yard slant that turns into 80 yards and a td to beat the steelers in ot.

I think he completed about 5 passes all game and then connects on that one.

Worst QB?

giphy.gif

Seriously though, every QB we've played not named Namath, Todd, O'Brien, Testeverde or Pennington.

And even the 'not-worst' QB's aren't all great. 

Just.....not-worst.

Asking which of the rest is "worst" is akin to asking which flavor of dogsh*t tastes the worst.  

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Worst QB?

giphy.gif

Seriously though, every QB we've played not named Namath, Todd, O'Brien, Testeverde or Pennington.

And even the 'not-worst' QB's aren't all great. 

Just.....not-worst.

Asking which of the rest is "worst" is akin to asking which flavor of dogsh*t tastes the worst.  

Forgot one.

Amazon Week 10 GIF by NFL On Prime Video

37 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If he had walked away from the Jets after 2015, he’d be a borderline Jets legend. 

But he came back in 2016 after getting paid and sucked. Hence, the infamous Fitzpatrick cycle. 

Maccagnan's biggest blunder.  First, he should have locked him up during the 2015 season when it still might have been cheap.  Second, he drew a line in the sand.  Then he crossed it and gave the guy all the money he said he wouldn't.  Is that just second or second and third?  Stupid ****.

I am firmly convinced that he thought Hackenberg was pro ready and that they could plug him in as starter and have a Wilson in 2021 type season.  When Hackenberg couldn't "hit the ocean from the boat" they had to cave.

• Upvote 1