OT: Heading out to Disney

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

We had planned this trip a long time ago. We were able to line up everyone's schedules so all three of our kids could go. Kelly's boyfriend and Shane's girlfriend are also going. We were leaving on Wednesday and got hit with a slight curveball. We have like 10 other extended family members going and we were all going to be on the same flight.

Lauren met with the oncologist on Monday, things were going good. Brain scan = clear. Upper body scan = liver mass is shrinking. And her spine looks good. YES, that is the news we were hoping for!

Oh and then her blood work came back and her kidneys weren't functioning. Extreme dehydration and some medicines interacting with each other in the wrong ways. So that meant an impromptu hospital stay.

Sent the kids on their way and cancelled our flight. But after a few days, and a blood transfusion the #s came back perfect today.

So we are heading out for a flight this afternoon. I am beyond pumped and just felt like sharing.  :)

Have a great time. Life is tough at times but you are so blessed to be able to go and enjoy the time as a family

Thrilled to hear the news on the scans.

Stay away from the turkey legs and have a dole whip. I will be there in August.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

We had planned this trip a long time ago. We were able to line up everyone's schedules so all three of our kids could go. Kelly's boyfriend and Shane's girlfriend are also going. We were leaving on Wednesday and got hit with a slight curveball. We have like 10 other extended family members going and we were all going to be on the same flight.

Lauren met with the oncologist on Monday, things were going good. Brain scan = clear. Upper body scan = liver mass is shrinking. And her spine looks good. YES, that is the news we were hoping for!

Oh and then her blood work came back and her kidneys weren't functioning. Extreme dehydration and some medicines interacting with each other in the wrong ways. So that meant an impromptu hospital stay.

Sent the kids on their way and cancelled our flight. But after a few days, and a blood transfusion the #s came back perfect today.

So we are heading out for a flight this afternoon. I am beyond pumped and just felt like sharing.  :)

Put your walking shoes on Boss! 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So true, I am having a good year sales wise at work. Really good year. That said this trip is going to eat up a ton of the commission.

But that was the point. Wanted everyone to go and be stress free as much as possible.

We took the whole clan in December for my son's 5th birthday.  I could not think of anything more stressful!

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You're in for a kick in the balls when you find out that buying those in the park are going to set you back more than the oncologist.

Hahaha they don't take our flexible spending card either.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Enjoy the time with the family, Phil.  If anyone has earned a few days to relax and decompress, it is you and Lauren.  

Enjoy!!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have heard thier is alot of adult sercret disney stuff like bars etc...never been but I have always wondered by some adults love going by themselves. sounds like you are going to have a fun family trip!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

thanks but I live here

AF981123-653C-4E32-88F9-B36370B4242C.jpeg

So do I.  South Florida.  Hasn’t ever hit 100.

Was wondering how you got to 100.  

Probably because feels like isn’t 100.  Actually 69% humidity isn’t too high either, we’ve been higher.

Weve had a lot of rain

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Yes. Hydrate. It’s no joke. The last two weeks in Florida have been brutal. 

My son was in Scottsdale Arizona at 105. Orlando was in the 80s I think and he said it felt so much hotter.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

My son was in Scottsdale Arizona at 105. Orlando was in the 80s I think and he said it felt so much hotter.

I am going to sound like an old man wearing grass stained monarchs right now…but it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity. 

• Upvote 1