EA Sports presents: NY Jets players

Bronx

18 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

People who play sports video games are f**king weird.

How people get suckered into paying $60 (now $70) for what basically amounts to a roster update every year is beyond me.

Now there are people losing their minds over referees returning to the field this year. Something that was always in Madden during the f*cking Super Nintendo era.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

How people get suckered into paying $60 (now $70) for what basically amounts to a roster update every year is beyond me.

Now there are people losing their minds over referees returning to the field this year. Something that was always in Madden during the f*cking Super Nintendo era.

**** that. I'd never pay for Madden at that price. Elden Ring? A Resident Evil? Sure. Not Madden. 

I'd rather play old school NFL Blitz anyhow lol

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I like the old school games. NBA jam, super techno bowl, blades of steel, mike Tyson’s punch out 🥊, nfl blitz etc.

The only thing I can get into is F1 and Project Cars and even they don't hold my interest for long.  My kid has the whole racing seat setup and I'll climb into it on a winter afternoon.

Games are all too complicated now.  Give me Donkey Kong.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Technology / graphics have come a long way even in the last few years 

Yup.  Last time I played video games, this is what it looked like.  Come to think of it, this is probably a step up from the games I used to play.

the monday night football game for Sale,Up To OFF 70%

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The only thing I can get into is F1 and Project Cars and even they don't hold my interest for long.  My kid has the whole racing seat setup and I'll climb into it on a winter afternoon.
Games are all too complicated now.  Give me Donkey Kong.  

Admittedly I play games still into my mid 50s ... Diablo 4 recently .. but I wholeheartedly agree ... Somewhere gaming became serious instead of just fun .. defender, galaga, missile command ... Simpler... And in some ways much better.

I was playing RPGs on my c64 with Ultima4 ... But I feel you.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Zach Wilson thinks he should be a 90. Joe Burrow is a 90.

derp GIF

Not sure what Zach has anything to do with this conversation, but Burrow is awesome.  

If 90 is for a top three player at his position then 74 is probably a slightly above average score.  A healthy AVT is probably in the lower mid 80's. 

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Admittedly I play games still into my mid 50s ... Diablo 4 recently .. but I wholeheartedly agree ... Somewhere gaming became serious instead of just fun .. defender, galaga, missile command ... Simpler... And in some ways much better.

I was playing RPGs on my c64 with Ultima4 ... But I feel you.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I've tried.  More times than I care to admit to play the games I watch my son enjoy.  They look awesome and the thought of swinging around as Spiderman or being a cowboy sounds enticing.  They're all just too big and overwhelming.  Maps the size of Texas or crazy button combinations that I can't remember even on easy settings.  Not to mention I HATE having to build up points for everything.  From that screen shot even Madden has experience points.  

It's just not for me anymore. 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Not sure what Zach has anything to do with this conversation, but Burrow is awesome.  

If 90 is for a top three player at his position then 74 is probably a slightly above average score.  A healthy AVT is probably in the lower mid 80's. 

Zach is a concussion away from being our starting QB in a season with Super Bowl aspirations. He’s a wet fart hanging over every thread while that is the case.

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

we have superbowl aspirations because of the guy who would be getting a concussion in that scenario.

Playoffs with come down to 1 max 2 games. Failing to get a non-garbage QB2 — of which several are available on the cheap — is like buying a yacht and saying “naw, screw the insurance.” It’s moronic.

Or perhaps you’re worried about the salary cap, Barry?

On 6/24/2023 at 9:58 AM, Untouchable said:

Two points to ponder:

1. Everyone values stuff their own way.  I am sure if folks knew what YOU spend $70.00 on, or what I spend $70.00 on, they'd be equally "beyonded" by it.  To each their own.

2. $70.00 isn't a huge sum.  For some folks, it's not a meaningful amount.  For some it's alot.  Again, to each their own.

Overarching point, it's a bit silly getting worked up by what other people spend on things they like. :)