Jump to content

Motivational speeches: Saleh vs Rex


Bronx

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

They are both cheerleaders who at the needed time, were woefully underwhelming.

 

Their records are very telling and each team they left didn't miss a beat in replacing them.

 

When has Saleh been woefully underwhelming?  When after losing 3/5ths of his OL, his star RB, his #2 WR and got nothing out of the QB position they couldn’t win like they did with a full roster?  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think both of these coaches are too player friendly and neither of them knew the offense well enough.  And both had to deal with a rookie qb right off. Rex had some success because the team had some good leadership on both sides of the ball. Saleh came in with a team barely into its rebuild and had to deal with lots of below average players and little on field leadership.  I think the fairer thing is to compare Rex’s first or second season with salehs third or fourth. I think that’s where the talent levels on these teams start to even out.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When has Saleh been woefully underwhelming?  When after losing 3/5ths of his OL, his star RB, his #2 WR and got nothing out of the QB position they couldn’t win like they did with a full roster?  

I'm not impressed... he gets outcoached, poor clock etc.   Reminds me of Herm.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I could be wrong but I get the impression Saleh is much more "salesman" in front of the cameras. I don't think players think he's phony at all. They seem to love him.

As opposed to Parcells who many disliked.   To me, it's a non factor. Saleh "appears" to be like Rex.  BUT I am willing to assume much of it is he didn't have any reasonable QB play.  But his 1st choice of OC wasn't great either.  We'll see but the photo on JN main page I think shows Saleh as he is.

USATSI_19648249-scaled-880x430.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

As opposed to Parcells who many disliked.   To me, it's a non factor. Saleh "appears" to be like Rex.  BUT I am willing to assume much of it is he didn't have any reasonable QB play.  But his 1st choice of OC wasn't great either.  We'll see but the photo on JN main page I think shows Saleh as he is.

USATSI_19648249-scaled-880x430.jpg

People like to reference Parcells in terms of coaches who got results despite not being well liked but it’s not the 80s or 90s. Todays players and todays game are very different.

Not saying you need to he beloved or anything — most guys who make it to the NFL are self motivated. But I think a guy like Parcells might have trouble connecting to todays players. Would probably get himself cancelled in a press conference too.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

People like to reference Parcells in terms of coaches who got results despite not being well liked but it’s not the 80s or 90s. Todays players and todays game are very different.

Not saying you need to he beloved or anything — most guys who make it to the NFL are self motivated. But I think a guy like Parcells might have trouble connecting to todays players. Would probably get himself cancelled in a press conference too.

Imagine the late Buddy Ryan in a post game conference today

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a corny thread. Post game acknowledgements vs. Rex putting on a show knowing the Hard Knicks camera is pointed right at him?

Look at the teams. Rex’s is in a classroom just sitting there with blank expressions. Saleh’s is reacting with cheers. I mean… I don’t get the point of any of this, but if you’re going to do it, at least make it about how the team reacts… not how it gives you personally all the feels.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What a corny thread. Post game acknowledgements vs. Rex putting on a show knowing the Hard Knicks camera is pointed right at him?

Look at the teams. Rex’s is in a classroom just sitting there with blank expressions. Saleh’s is reacting with cheers. I mean… I don’t get the point of any of this, but if you’re going to do it, at least make it about how the team reacts… not how it gives you personally all the feels.

I tried posting a Rex hard knocks, your point is taken. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

People like to reference Parcells in terms of coaches who got results despite not being well liked but it’s not the 80s or 90s. Todays players and todays game are very different.

Not saying you need to he beloved or anything — most guys who make it to the NFL are self motivated. But I think a guy like Parcells might have trouble connecting to todays players. Would probably get himself cancelled in a press conference too.

The laugh emoji was NOT in disagreement with you. It made me laugh thinking of Parcells getting cancelled.  :):)

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

So people still hate on rex? He literally is the only reason we have been relevant and coached up a terrible team to greatness. Sure it blew up towards the end but I will always be a fan of rex. Did a great job here. 

Rex Ryan's entire "strategy" was to blitz on nearly every down and play 1950s Offense. Just like his Dad. And when the league figured it out... along with Rex decimating the roster, the fun was over. 

 

Saleh is still a work in progress, but he seems willing to adjust and be flexible.... the Jets had no business winning 7 games last year, but there they were. Now that the team has a competent player under center, we'll have our answer.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

People like to reference Parcells in terms of coaches who got results despite not being well liked but it’s not the 80s or 90s. Todays players and todays game are very different.

Not saying you need to he beloved or anything — most guys who make it to the NFL are self motivated. But I think a guy like Parcells might have trouble connecting to todays players. Would probably get himself cancelled in a press conference too.

He’d be cancelled for misgendering Terry Glenn. For an entire season he referred to Glenn as “she” in press conferences because he thought Glenn was being a wuss refusing to play through an injury.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Rex Ryan's entire "strategy" was to blitz on nearly every down and play 1950s Offense. Just like his Dad. And when the league figured it out... along with Rex decimating the roster, the fun was over. 

 

Saleh is still a work in progress, but he seems willing to adjust and be flexible.... the Jets had no business winning 7 games last year, but there they were. Now that the team has a competent player under center, we'll have our answer.

EXACTLY!!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

He’d be cancelled for misgendering Terry Glenn. For an entire season he referred to Glenn as “she” in press conferences because he thought Glenn was being a wuss refusing to play through an injury.

That was literally what I was thinking about when I made that comment. That wouldn't fly today lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...